Options

Comments

• Rosie1978
    Options
    Thansk! Worth a try I suppose!
  • sherbie
    sherbie Posts: 775 Forumite
    Options
    hi, wow, loving this idea more and more all the time, and the posts are amazing!

just having an internal debate, wondering about the views of others...

im in the middle of switching a few things (fuel, phone etc). now, eres my dilemma...the savings wont kick in till next year, but i made the deals this yr, hmmmm. should i count em? also, should i do a monthly tally as the amounts are saved, or a total upfront? ive never even seen a spreadsheet before, so literally have no idea atall about what to do!:rotfl:

ooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. it turns out i have excel starter on ere. i just looked. now my eyes hurt! what the fairies??!!!lol!

any help, about the dilemma, or spreadsheet, would make me a very happy elf indeed!:snow_laug yup, i know its a snowman...
    :hello:
  • spartan59
    Options
    £119.75 profit after all fees!! Thanks Ebay!!
    DEBT Total Dec 12 = £30029
    DFD APRIL 2014
  • delidove
    Options
    hi i am new to this site and totally love it especially this thread please could i be added to your list for the challenge
    regards
  • mennie
    mennie Posts: 493 Forumite
    Options
    Wow more challengers....

I have added everyone, please give me a shout if I have missed you.

All those who would like the excel spreadsheet, please PM me your email address and I will fire it across.

We now have 67 challengers who are trying to make over £134,000

I see some people are posting money that they have made so far, but the whole point is to make £2012 in 2012 so the challenge starts on 1 January 2012.

Good Luck everyone
    2014 = New Year, New Me
  • bjplfw2007
    Options
    Evening all i also have a excell spreadsheet aswell if anyone wants it
    343.22/£2012 1668.78 to go
  • killerpeaty
    Options
    I have been lurking in this thread since I found it (a few days ago) but only just managed to remember my username ha ha. I'd love to join this challenge : ) All the others scare me!
    [*]Paid To Click - ClixSense, Varolo, Hits4Pay, PTCBox
    I keep seeing PTC but I don't understand how/why people are paid to go through links. Can you explain it to me please? And would you suggest that I try them?

I'm on a long list of survey sites and do them when I can (which is intermittently due to being a third year uni student) and any extra little jobs I can get.
    : )
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    When I decided to join this challenge it was with the intention that the money earned/saved would be for nice things, a holiday, some pretties for my house etc.

A couple of days ago I received notification that my mortgage is likely to go up in March. Bank of Ireland sold the mortgage to the Mortgage Works.

I'm probably going to have to find another £200 a month :mad: So what was going to be a nice little extra is going to be an absolute necessity.

Never mind, this just means that I will have to try even harder and try and exceed the target.

I'll fund the mortgage first - then if there is anything left over I will be able to have a few treats.
  • GettingItRight
    Options
    Well done Mennie, this looks like a realistic target having read what you have written. I'm almost tempted to join you, but I now I just won't achieve it tis year. Perhaps a touch defeatist of me to say this before 2012 has even begun, I'm not sure I will have time.

I am thinking about going back to Ebay either this year or next year. The Ebay star feedback system that was introduced a few years ago made me leave. I remember getting a 4 star rating for postage or delivery (whichever it was called back then) for sending an item by first class delivery, as advertised in my listing.

Without this I don't see how I am going to claw in £2000. I started doing surveys this year, but Onepoll alone takes forever. I am at about £18.45, not even near my first £40 after what's easily been 8 months. Ahh I feel like I'm waffling on, my apologies, but you get the idea.

Once again, well done on a realistic target for yourself and best of luck to all who take up this challenge :)
    :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:D:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
    Me and the gang!!!
  • Pocket-Money
    Options
    ...I keep seeing PTC but I don't understand how/why people are paid to go through links. Can you explain it to me please? And would you suggest that I try them?...
    Hey killerpeaty,

The model is pretty easy. Advertisers pay a site for posting ads. The users click the ads, keep them open for some time (3-90 sec), and get a fraction of the money the advertisers paid the site. Usually you get between $0.001 and $0.02 for each link/ad you visit.
    Almost all of the PTC sites have another option to earn, if you recruit direct referrals which sign up for the site under your referral link. In this case you get additional earnings for each link your referrals click. This is even less than your own clicks but with a lot referrals it will add up.

As you see, you won't get rich with his unless you have thousands of direct referrals which is very hard to reach.
    I usually use PTC sites to boost my income from surveys. Let me explain how I do this. With online survey sites you usually have an hourly rate between $3-$5 depending on the site as you also have to count all the times you start a survey but don't qualify with will give you nothing most of the time although you already spend some minutes. That's obviously a pretty poor hourly rate but people including myself are doing it, as you can easily apply to these sites and you are highly flexible when you want to do the surveys. PTC sites help me to boost this hourly rates to $5-$7 by clicking ads while answering the surveys. Whenever I do online surveys I log into a few PTC sites and click their ads. I chose PTCs where it isn't required to watch the ad in the active window meaning I can run it in the background while doing the survey. Every few questions I switch to the PTC sites, confirm the open links and click new ones. With doing surveys and PTCs in parallel, I can earn from both the same time. Clicking PTCs alone is kind of stupid if you don't have referrals as your hourly rate is $1-$2 at the most.

I don't want to derail this thread. Just PM me, if you have any further questions or if you want any PTC recommendations. If you want to try PTCs, you should definitively do some research as there are a lot of scam sites out there.

Cheers,

Pocket-Money
    $2012 in 2012 member #68 - $157.36/$2012
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills