PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• Out,_Vile_Jelly
    Options
    Went to a surprisingly sensible Oxfam (Bognor Regis) at the weekend; they just had a blackboard up with "all tops £1.99, all trousers £1.99, all scarves 99p" etc. I had a rummage and found a olive green Boden wrap-style top suitable for work.
    They are an EYESORES!!!!
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,365 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I went to one of my £1 charity shops today.:) I got three teddies for my dog and two tops and a shirt.

The shirt was a dark blue, striped Hugo Boss one that I will probably wear over a white vest top. I don't think you can tell it's for men.:D

I went into another charity shop and bought a dark pink M&S jumper for £4.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Another 2 books today! One on scientific boundaries, the other is a true story of an abandoned Chinese baby.

And a Principles cotton blouse suitable for work during the the height of summer, for £2.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    You certainly have an eclectic taste in books VfM! Do you keep them all once you've read them?

Good day in Ormskirk. Best find was a pair of dark brown, velcro fastening shoes for OH, for £5. Only put out today, going by the price label. He much prefers velcro shoes to lace-ups, and they are hard to come by - the last two pairs he bought were from an upmarket shop and were £79! He ruins shoes so a cheap pair is a great find.

Pair of anonymous stone coloured straight leg denims for me for £1. M&S Collection really pretty viscose tunic length top for 99p. Warm fleecy light-weight navy scarf £1. Navy lightweight throw-over-your-shoulders style (no fastenings) M&S cardy £1.50.
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• Lucy5781
    Lucy5781 Posts: 745 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    As bump for no.2 has started to begin growing I've established that I need to find more long body, long sleeved tops or thin jumpers.

Will keep my eyes out for some next time I go around our shops. Haven't really bothered for a while.
    Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Jan 2012: £16,000+ :eek: [STRIKE] Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Sep 2013: £13,023 [/STRIKE]
    DRO Completed: 30/09/2014 :T
    30/09/19 - Details now dropped off debt register. :o

My Diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4202761
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,906 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I coughed my way around a couple of charity shops today on my first outing since the lurgy struck. In the big Sue Ryder shop I spotted a pair of B/N Jasper Conran, black, slim fitting trousers priced at £8, (original price tag attached for £50). As I haven't bought anything at all recently I was tempted and after trying them on and finding them a perfect fit I splurged! Then about an hour later I was inspecting the 'reduced to £1' rail in the RSPCA shop and came across another pair of black slim fit trousers this time by M & S. Oh well, one can never have enough black trousers I guess.:o
  • cuppacoffee
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Try this link:

Fab resource - thanks for sharing :)
  • cuppacoffee
    Options
    Fab resource - thanks for sharing :)
    Wouldn't let me reply with the link in there as I'm a newbie, hence the blank space
  • Doody
    Doody Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    Went to a surprisingly sensible Oxfam (Bognor Regis) at the weekend; they just had a blackboard up with "all tops £1.99, all trousers £1.99, all scarves 99p" etc. I had a rummage and found a olive green Boden wrap-style top suitable for work.

I know that one! Bognor has some excellent CSs, and that is one of the best Oxfam shops ever. Except for the way they sort everything by colour with no size indications. you do need to rummage as you said. The Boden top sounds nice, well done!
    'Get Brexit done' is a lie[
    "Your deal won’t get Brexit done, Mr Johnson. It gets you to the start line, and then the real tough stuff begins"
    Betty Boothroyd
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Lucy5781 wrote: »
    As bump for no.2 has started to begin growing
    Congratulations! Am guessing an early spring baby? How exciting!
    Bogof_Babe wrote: »
    You certainly have an eclectic taste in books VfM! Do you keep them all once you've read them?
    I do! I’ve learnt my lesson: I don’t lend any more as I never get them back. If I think someone might benefit from a book, I wait to find another copy and then give it to them. I think my choice has a common theme: I always try to select books I can learn from, or if fiction it has to be thought-provoking.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure