PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Options

Comments

• smallholdingsister
    Options
    My parents had someone ask for a viewing but "their top price was 420k". Parents response was "You can't afford it then". The people came back two months later to ask again, parents said they would not be moving below 450. Viewers came and agreed 450.

People (understandably) lie about their max budget.
  • cashbackproblems
    Options
    My parents had someone ask for a viewing but "their top price was 420k". Parents response was "You can't afford it then". The people came back two months later to ask again, parents said they would not be moving below 450. Viewers came and agreed 450.

People (understandably) lie about their max budget.

if in two months no one else had made an offer it probably wasn't worth that, but maybe the buyers really liked the place and bid was due to an emotional attachment.
  • chrissie83
    Options
    Is there a thread on here to post our rightmove link? Or can I post it in here? Does show up in search results? Just wanted opinions on the pictures etc I'm feeling frustrated with it all today :/
  • Jox
    Jox Posts: 1,651 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Chrissie, post your link if you like or just the pics if you prefer
  • Jox
    Options
    I know someone who is buying a £1.5 mil flat in central London and someone else who is looking for a flat £1.5 - £2.5 mil, so there are buyers out there :)

If a house hasn't sold in 2 months, 6 months etc then the buyer can decide if they would accept a lower price or keep it on the market until they find a buyer.

It is frustrating to not get what you want when you want but there are no guarantees so perhaps use the time to improve the property if you wish to make it more attractive to prospective buyers.
  • cashbackproblems
    Options
    people asking for 50k above true value and then painting the walls hoping someone is tempted does not fool anyone. As a recent buyer (and majority of rational thinking buyers) the decorative condition is not of concern and an easy/cheap fix.
  • tootiemac
    tootiemac Posts: 174 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi All,
    We've been on the market a week today and i know its early but We've had 0 viewings and its making me sad!
    We're in Scotland and the lower end of the pricing.
    Keeping the house tidy for nothing is driving me nuts!
  • Jox
    Options
    Hi Tootiemac, good luck - hope you get some interest soon :)

Is your property on Zoopla, maybe you can see how many views you've had online - just to see if you're getting some interest there and maybe see how you compare to other similar properties in your area.

This is a useful tool to see how many properties have sold in an area over the last 3 / 6 / 12 months etc:

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/market/uk/
  • tootiemac
    tootiemac Posts: 174 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes we're on zoopla.
    we've had 275 view (205 of which were when i shared the link on my facebook)
    So that averages 10 clicks per day which isnt bad but no one is biting.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback