Options
13»

Comments

• joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    edited 8 February 2018 at 4:41PM
    Options
    Nick_C wrote: »
    Create an Amex on line account for your wife.

That's what I do with my partner's card, which I got just to double up on cashback offers.

Hi Nick, that is what I am trying to do, but, not sure how?
    When I add her card details, it then asks for my user id and password.
    Do I create different ones to mine, because, when I use mine, it says, already registered?
    Confused
    Not unusual for me:rotfl:

Sorted now.
    Thanks very much
  • PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It's nice to know that my 40p loaf of bread will become 42p, so that those better than me can use their Amex to buy the Aldi lobster.

:)

So glad to be helping those who are struggling to pay cash for their food.
    Thank you for supporting the 1%, we do really appreciate it.
    Now the only difficult decision is whether to use my Gold or Platinum Amex. :idea:
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's nice to know that my 40p loaf of bread will become 42p, so that those better than me can use their Amex to buy the Aldi lobster.

:)

So glad to be helping those who are struggling to pay cash for their food.

No, no caviar! And I just loaded the Amex spend £10 get £5 back offer onto my Amex and I'll be shopping at Aldi later. I just hope their caviar is as good as that from Harrods. And maybe some smoked salmon too. :D
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,794 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Caviar maybe not, smoked salmon would be a yes, no venison in the last year though. They are now a fully grown up co. Having gone from cash only through debit card then credit card, contactless & now to accommodate all those tanks normally in the car park (I bet they don't tell their friends they shop there) Amex.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    badmemory wrote: »
    Caviar maybe not, smoked salmon would be a yes, no venison in the last year though. They are now a fully grown up co. Having gone from cash only through debit card then credit card, contactless & now to accommodate all those tanks normally in the car park (I bet they don't tell their friends they shop there) Amex.

My local Aldi had Venison steaks last week.
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,794 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Nick_C wrote: »
    My local Aldi had Venison steaks last week.

Well that's upset me. Obviously my Aldi doesn't have enough tanks attending to make stocking venison worthwhile.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I went into Aldi with my Amex and did £10 worth and the £5 back was speedy. Looks like I only just scraped in for the £5 back offer because it's expired now. But ouch Aldi don't have black pudding. A bit suspicious of the longer baked steak pie at a cheap 85p too so I didn't buy one. Back to Sainsburys!

Replacing the Aldi own brand labels with Sainsburys labels is going to be tedious :D
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    Options
    fatrab wrote: »
    Is Amex accepted at Lidl?

I'm considering applying for one but I do my shopping at Lidl and get my fuel at Tesco so its no use if I can't use for the food shopping!

Wife works for them and apparently they will accept Amex in coming weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport