Flo's Debt Free Diary

Options

Comments

• Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oooh, by the way, I have lost a pound! (That's a weight pound, not money :rotfl: )
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • Florence_J
    Options
    The bad news is I've been referred to counselling through my GP to manage my stress and anxiety and I got the letter through about it today, and there is a 6 month waiting list :eek:

Now I love the NHS and will lay down my life for it, but I kinda hope I get a full time job soon so I can afford to get sessions a bit sooner.
  • Florence_J
    Options
    Of to the skip today with lots of broken items and things that can't be recycled or sold, the house is getting lighter everyday, I feel good about that.
  • Florence_J
    Options
    Returned from the skip and the shops, very tired, the weather has been so unpredictable, torrential rain at some points and then bright sunshine, bizarre.

Rubbish is safely in the skip. Then my boyfriend and I went to The Range and Homebase to compare the price of paint (and ended up back at the range ti buy it). We also went to Home Bargains. I bought a few things, new duvet cover, instant coffee, a notebook and some London Underground fridge magnets for my brother as he likes things to do with London. I guess it helps that he lives there :)

Not much planned this weekend, just chores, football and jogging, should be a nice weekend.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Glad you are joining up with us on the NST thread Florence by the way :)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Florence_J
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Glad you are joining up with us on the NST thread Florence by the way :)

Thank you Bob :)
  • Florence_J
    Options
    Ok, I have a long list of things to do, including prepare for my job interview tomorrow, and typically I am still in my PJs (but to be fair, I had insomnia last night and was awake till 2.30am)

But I am pleased to report that due to me writing a letter to Johnson & Johnson about how great they are, they have sent me a £2 off voucher for skincare or feminine products. Cost of card and envelope=14.9p, stamp 68p so profit is £1.17!

(And yes I do have a spread sheet for my vouchers profit v loss and a nice colourful folder for my vouchers, sad I know)

I have just purchased a 15 exercise classes for £10 voucher off groupon. I gave up the gym a few months back to save money, as well as slimming world, and this is just a little one off treat to keep me healthy.

Ok, time to get dressed, and i suppose I should do the washing up even though it is totally my boyfriend's turn, grrrr.
  • Florence_J
    Options
    Ooooooh, unexpected payment from work of £173.20 (i think this is because i get paid on the 27th of each month but i finished my contract on the 31st of May)

Wasn't expecting that so I am very happy as that means all the bills this month are ok. I may even be able to make an extra payment to my credit cards, or finally join the payment a day thread!

Wooooo, everything is coming up Milhouse/Flo :rotfl:
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good luck with your job interview!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Florence_J
    Options
    Just returned from the shops, I wanted a NSD but the groupon was too good to pass up and the weather is so nice here in Cardiff that i felt like going out. To be fair I did have things I needed to buy.

I am in such good spirits, I should acknowledge them more when they happen, I'm not going to let this one slip away.

I bought the envelopes for posting the ebay items, I bought pegs and a peg holder so I can make use of the good weather and dry clothes naturally, food pegs so i don't lose half my food to the freezer drawers/cupboards, interior dehumidifiers x 3, sweet and sour sauce, monster high top trumps cards for my niece, hay fever tablets for my boy, baby wipes, gum (ever since I gave up smoking I am addicted to chewing gum to relieve stress), bananas, frozen broccoli (cheaper in Iceland than Morrisons), Multiseed bread (good for my boy :rotfl:) cheese slices, white sauce, lentils to bulk out meals and oral b total care toothpaste as it was on offer and we think it's the best.

Phew, seems like a lot of shopping, must update the spreadsheets over a nice cup of coffee.

Then I really must revise for my job interview!!!!!! Stop procrastinating Flo! :rotfl:

If I do some good revision for the next few hours I can reward myself with the football.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family