PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »

I agree, silvasaver, definitely worth looking out for a leather one.
    Yesterday I saw a Lakeland bottle green leather coat in fab condition - so soft that my friend and I actually stroked it :rotfl:- £10.99 but at least 2 sizes too big.

Polly could you tell me what size and where please?
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Hi Valli
    I've sent you a pm.

On our day out yesterday, I found a fabulous 100% cashmere M&S red jumper in Cats Protection.
    I could tell it was cashmere as soon as I touched it.
    It was only £3.00 - but at a size 10, it would have been too small for me.
    My friend tried it on but the neckline was too low for her.

It would have looked stunning with my tartan trousers. :(
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Bought a lovely LK Bennett cardigan in a pale aqua.
    £2.00 from our local hospice shop.

I didn't read the label until I got home.
    It's 55% silk/45% cotton and it's exactly like this one:
    https://www.lkbennett.com/product/CCBIBISILKCOTTONNaturalPutty~Bibi-Silk-Cotton-Cardigan-Putty

£95.00 full price? :eek:

It's more of a bargain than I thought. :D
  • bobsa1
    bobsa1 Posts: 1,947 Forumite
    Options
    Today was very exciting as I made it to the Nettlebed sale!!! It's a three hour journey from home so not going to make it a regular thing but I've wanted to go for years and today was the day.
    I got; gorgeous interlined full length curtains £20
    Laura Ashley curtains that I've been eyeing in laura Ashley for over a year £18. Currently on laura Ashley website in the sale for £125
    A Homebase radiator cover. Brand new in the box £5 currently on website for £49
    A very large la parfait jar for the piccalilli we intend to make £1
    A lovely print in a gorgeous frame £10
    Dh got two gant shirts for £6 each website has similar at £90 each.

It took us a while to get the hang of the sale, where things were etc and it was packed. There were a mixture of fab bargains and mediocre bits but we thoroughly enjoyed it
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Today I had some brilliant buys in Essex, for £2 each: a Rocha John Rocha "fur"-lined winter coat for my niece, a beautiful floor length gown in midnight blue (think Kate Middleton-style), two F&F blouses and a reversible poncho / shawl.
    I think this is one of the best non-book hauls I've had this year. The dress is amazing, fits like a glove, niece's coat is beautiful and as for the shawl....I didn't have space for it in my weekend bag, so I slung it over my shoulders and drove home in it, stopping at my brother's to pick my niece up. He commented "you look smart" (odd for a boy to notice, I find) and watched his face turn to digust as I told him it was a £2 chazzer bargain, that hadn't yet troubled the washing machine. Goes without saying I did a big wash this morning ;)
    bobsa1 wrote: »
    Today was very exciting as I made it to the Nettlebed sale!!!
    So much envy! I never made it despite wanting so desperately to make a day of it this summer. Try and stop me when I move, I'll have plenty of space and need lots of curtains, rugs for my solid wooden floors etc. Would it be tempting fate to hire a small van?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I was at Nettlebed sale too yesterday (and I saw that radiator cover!!). It was absolutely mobbed, and everyone seemed to be in a very bad mood ☹️

I bought : a set of four white metal Venetian blinds and 8 very tall white metal 'spur' type shelving uprights for £5 the lot, a big bag of lego and a tub of wooden construction nuts/bolts stuff for my daughter's class at school £6 the lot, the Tom Kerridge Dopamine diet book, the Great British Sewing Bee book and a book about knitting bags £2 each, a big selection of wooden DoCrafts rubber stamps - many of them large, most of them unused - for 50p each; a Yule log style metal cake tin and a couple of Pyrex baking dishes all for 50p each.
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Did a bootfair today. Visited a charity stall, was looking for Pyrex pie dishes but bought three novels for £1.00 and a Christmas card for my Dad for £1, from £5.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • Doody
    Doody Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone recommend CSs in Bush Hill Park, London?
    'Get Brexit done' is a lie[
    "Your deal won’t get Brexit done, Mr Johnson. It gets you to the start line, and then the real tough stuff begins"
    Betty Boothroyd
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 26 September 2017 at 3:59AM
    Options
    Doody wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend CSs in Bush Hill Park, London?
    IIRC there are a couple of chazzers on the parade of shops opposite Enfield Chase station. And further down round the one way system in Enfield itself. I've only ever driven through, just never had the time to stop. It's always worth exploring a chazzer, IMO :D

ETA: been racking my brains here.....there's also an independent charity shop further east...can't spot it on a map but will describe from memory. Driving southbound down the main road from Cockfosters you'll encounter a couple of large suburban roundabouts. The third exit (left) from one of them will take you to a parade of shops on your RHS, set slightly back from the main road. Sorry, can't be more descriptive than that!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • GreenBitterfly
    Options
    On Saturday I was in the Cancer Research shop, and spotted Amy Poehler (American comedian)'s autobiography in hardback for £1, as I've been eyeing the same book up on WHSmith online's sales section, I wanted to buy it. I didn't have any loose change so had to go to another shop to break up a bigger note, and then luckily it was still there.

It's in not bad condition, some sticker residue to the front of the dust jacket, and one page has a crease into it, which has nearly turned into a tear but it's not bad for £1 and I've found that a lot of the WHSmith books turn up quite bashed about so there's no guarantee that it would have been in perfect condition if I ordered it from there instead of picking up the one in the charity shop.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure