PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style MoneySaving Tuesday 20th February

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

Comments

• I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,295 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    Options
    Morning Everyone,

I am on a weeks annual leave. I could not sleep - my OH is up early though for work.

Yesterday I took in paperwork do to with mom paying care home fees. In the afternoon caught up with a bit of sewing repairs, I like to repair items and not through them out.

Today I need to put almond paste on OH's birthday cake, and hopefully ice cake, to after a trip to the shops for rest of ingredients.

Not looked outside, but I could here it was Windy.

I noticed I had not seen Judi posting hope she is OK.

Welcome to the Newbie.

Have a good day all xx
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
    Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

• Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,032 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all.

Thanks for starting us off ILC.

I couldn not ignore my bladder anymore, another half hour would have been nice. Too dark to see anything outside but it is balmy 5 degrees.

Got a couple of hours teaching, one hour sorting out stuff and then my day is my own! No plans yet.

I hope that everyone has a happy Tuesday.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Dry outside for a change, a little breezy but not too bad. It got to the heady heights of 11 degrees yesterday, so nice not to have that cold wind.

Cooked up a vegan concoction for DD and BF who come home tomorrow, not sure I really like it and they might not either but the thought is there!

Good to hear from you tru, sorry you've not been well, so many folk have had the dreaded lurgy twice.

As the weather is to be fairly ok I intend to start cleaning the windows, it's a bit lighter now in the evenings so I could do one an evening, would be nice to see out!

Have a happy day, take care. XX
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

I love comps - thanks for starting us off x

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Dark, damp and dreary here. Yesterday was a real miserable day, rained all day but fine rain and at times was so dark grey and gloomy.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Dinner last night was fish, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg, I remembered to get the sausages and liver out to defrost overnight but it hasn't quite, so will leave it in the fridge to continue defrosting and hope it's ok by the time I get home from work, if not I'll have to do a re-think - really don't want to buy anything else so need to get my thinking cap on.

Yesterday work was a busy one especially first thing, we opened the door to a long queue of people, we managed to get them all seen but then it was steady for most of the day. One of my colleagues had a bit of an incident with a customer just as we were about to close and we had to call the Police, who did arrive, along with the Fire Service, and Ambulance not sure what the outcome was but hoping it's not as it looks! If it's not good I'm sure the Police will be in today to speak to us.

We'll see what today brings.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • ancientofdays
    Options
    Morning all and thank you for starting the thread ILC

I couldn't sleep and got up at 1, not worth staying in bed as that lurgy is back and I felt awful. I've had a doze downstairs. I shan't go to work, don't think I could manage. My one appointment outside the office is with a family with a young baby and I can't risk passing on my germs.

I might go back to bed when OH gets up. The last few weeks have been a washout for me but I know others have far more to cope with.

JackieO, very sorry to see your sad news..
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks ILC for starting us off. Breezy and sunny forecast for us but at least no rain! It seemed light very early this morning and closing the blinds at night gets later every day so hope is on the horizon!

JACKIE such sad news. TRU welcome back. I know to my cost how these bugs can go on and on. Now where have JUDI and CRANKY disappeared to? I hope they are not poorly too.

Mr TA was marginally better yesterday. He still only had soup at lunchtime but tea time he managed some fish and a few potatoes. Hope today he feels more improved still.

I left some mince out defrosting overnight but am undecided what to make with it! I am thinking either a shepherd's pie or a minced beef & onion plate pie. I think there is some pastry lurking in the freezer and I haven't made one for ages.

Other than a quick flick round with the duster and vac, not a lot else is planned for today. I don't think we will be having our usual Tuesday away-day with Mr TA under par. He couldn't do justice to the gammon, egg & chip late lunch we always have on the way home.

Have a good day folks and ((HUGS)) as always for all in need/want of them. Take care xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

No rain here atm but its meant to be overcast all day so we might get some later on.

Off to work for me which is fairly quiet atm, we booked out holiday last night:j 10 days in Greece, 5 days in Skiathos and 4 days on Allonosis (where they filmed Mama Mia a tiny quiet island) then back to Skiathos for one more day before coming home, I am very excited :T

Off to give blood tonight on my way home so I have left instruction's for the first person in to put the pie in the oven and do some mash.

Right better dash have good days all xx
  • silver-oldie
    Options
    Good morning all

Thank you for starting us off ILC

Tried this thread and got
    Sorry, you've landed on a page that doesn't exist
    not sure what is happening, tried again, so pleased to find you are still here.

Flubbetyzing, nice to "meet" you

JackieO, sorry to hear your sad news

Rained all day yesterday and looks like the same today. Don't think I'll be doing much. I was going to move some furniture around but don't think I have the energy.

Take care, have a good day
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for the Welcome Backs :D I'm still a bit sniffly but feel fine now.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I've caught up with work, ordered my yarn and cleaned the house. I just need to do one load of washing today, and that's it – the day is mine. The shopping will be here between 10-11am, I've already sorted the fridge and cupboards so it won't take long to put away.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Scampi isn't talking to me - I pushed the door open, didn't realise he was behind it and hit him with it. He'll sit near me but not next to me, like he usually does. Hopefully I'll be forgiven today :D[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    :beer:
    Bulletproof
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi chums yes the year hasn't been a good one so far, hopefully it will get better as time goes on. I spoke to Fran last night and she said Paul is heartbroken as they had such high hopes for his Dad bless him Their two children are devastated as well.Life can be so cruel at times.

Weather looks as damp and grotty as it was yesterday so not a great deal to cheer one up their either.

I have my U3A coffee morning this morning at Dobbies and I'll take my wool and needles along to knit some more Christmas bells.

Tonight is quiz night which is always a good evening ,plus I get fed there so no cooking for me tonight I also have to do my second shop of the month today I have a good few things to get but hopefully it shouldn't be too much

Hope everyone has a good day

Cheers chums

JackieO xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills