Harveys Furniture Contact

I am having a terrible time with Harveys Furniture CS, in that they cannot give me a delivery date for my already delayed furniture. I wasted 40 mins on the phone today speaking to some wee lassie that was of no help what so ever. Can anyone advise an email address of their CEO, or a contact phone number where I can speak to someone in authority that can provide me with some answers.

TIA

Comments

• ARandomMiser
    ARandomMiser Posts: 1,756 Forumite
    It is ridiculous to say, but maybe they can`t get a date of their supplier, and it is better to say 'we don't know' rather than make something up (which would only annoy you more). Push them for a date and tell them that time is now important.
    IITYYHTBMAD
  • BIGEYE
    BIGEYE Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I have tried that, unfortunately they were non committal.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    BIGEYE wrote: »
    I have tried that, unfortunately they were non committal.

Then cancel your order and shop where they are more customer focused.
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Ah, the joys of trying to getting sense from Harvey's Customer service (what an oxymoron).

They don't do escalations. They won't give details of the MD/CEO - 'I 'm not allowed to, try googling it' yes seriously.

I can give you, the Head Office address - which is:
    Harveys,
    Radius House,
    Anchor Boulevard,
    Dartford,
    Kent,
    DA2 6QH

After sending a letter, I had an email, from a separate customer service team. Who expedited matters, and negotiated an appropriate discount.

Half the problem is that their staff don't have access to enough information, so they can't tell you. But then that's probably the case for some time - but they don't want to spend the money to update the IT system.
    And the other, is that they don't seem to care about 'customer service' - at least that was my impression.

My suite was ordered in August, expected September, arrived November.

HTHs good luck.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • Gazmc64
    Gazmc64 Posts: 1 Newbie
    There seems to be a bit of a customer service problem with Harveys at the moment, my mum ordered a settee and chair in October, it was delayed and eventually turned up in Feb but was the wrong colour, they reordered the correct one and told her it would be 12 weeks again but she received a phone call last week telling her that they had lost the invoice and its going to be another 12 weeks!! what rights do we have in this instance?
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,510 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Just cancel.
  • no1catman
    daveyjp wrote: »
    Just cancel.

They'll hit you with their cancellation terms.

Best option, may be if payment was made by credit card, the credit card company would be able to arrange a refund. Hope the 0% finance offer was avoided?
  • Try The Furniture Ombudsman, Harveys are a nightmare!
  • Also believe Stephen Campbell is the CEO. We wrote to him at steve@harveys-furnishing.co.uk though he did not bother to answer!
  • no1catman
    edited 7 June 2017 at 9:53PM
    tyblonde wrote: »
    Also believe Stephen Campbell is the CEO. We wrote to him at steve@harveys-furnishing.co.uk though he did not bother to answer!

Then write to the address quoted earlier, Consumer Law does refer to 'delivery' as well.
    Good luck.

Incidentally, it's probably coming from China, so has it been loaded on the Container ship? Where is the ship? Has it gone through customs? Harveys won't know these details, only when it arrives at their distribution centre.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport