Sky Broadband MSE offer

Options
2»

Comments

• Broadwood
    Broadwood Posts: 706 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thought I would go back to Sky (last had Sky broadband a couple of years ago). Got the code, went through the order process and it says no ordinary broadband available at my postcode - only the more expensive fibre.

Phoned them on 0800 151 2747 to query this, explaining that I had their ordinary broadband at this address a couple of years ago.

Was told that my line speed is too slow for ordinary broadband! This, despite the fact I can do everything I want with a broadband speed of around 3Mbps.

Real shame, as it makes it no saving if I am being forced into fibre by them.

Yes just happened to me too. I'm on 2.5Mbps copper line which Sky say is too slow to take up the MSE offer and there is no fibre on our estate, but they are still trying to sign me up for Sky fibre broadband.
    Never trust a financial institution.

Still studying at the University of Life.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Interesting, sky allowed be to sign up with the MSE deal a few years ago.

actual speed 1Mbps
    predicted speed 1-3Mbps

They must have changed things or learnt
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    AndyPK wrote: »
    Interesting, sky allowed be to sign up with the MSE deal a few years ago.

actual speed 1Mbps
    predicted speed 1-3Mbps

They must have changed things or learnt

I think both BT and Sky have changed in that respect, peoples expectations are much higher nowadays.
  • Broadwood
    Options
    Broadwood wrote: »
    Yes just happened to me too. I'm on 2.5Mbps copper line which Sky say is too slow to take up the MSE offer and there is no fibre on our estate, but they are still trying to sign me up for Sky fibre broadband.

Update........Plusnet have just done me a deal to stay with them based on the Sky offer.

Result :D

• hipslike
    Options
    Broadwood wrote: »
    Update........Plusnet have just done me a deal to stay with them based on the Sky offer.

Result :D

Good work! I just phoned up and they wouldn't reduce the line rental saver for me beyond £185 with free broadband. Do you mind sharing what exactly the deal was that you got? Any tips on how you haggled them down? :grin:
  • Broadwood
    edited 20 May 2017 at 5:07PM
    Options
    hipslike wrote: »
    Good work! I just phoned up and they wouldn't reduce the line rental saver for me beyond £185 with free broadband. Do you mind sharing what exactly the deal was that you got? Any tips on how you haggled them down? :grin:

I couldn't get through by phone....was on hold for 15 mins then gave up and tried online chat via the website, waited in line there for 35 mins then it went like this.......

"Hi. Can you match the MSE Sky offer? I'm currently paying £31.98 for anytime calls plus 10Gb value broadband."
    ".........so i can offer you , unlimited broadband , line rental , anytime call plan for 18 months contract £22.99 "

The anytime call plan even includes 2000 mobile minutes which I didn't have before !
    So yesterday's email about the June price rise has done me a big favour.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure