My name's Emz and I'm rubbish at diaries!

Options

Comments

• Emzilla
    Emzilla Posts: 3,810 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Another Christmas present sorted - A Despicable Me 3 annual (for my nephew) worth £7.99 for £1 from WH Smiths courtesy of the O2 app :).

Emz xx
  • Emzilla
    Options
    Yesterday I was determined to redeem for that £10 Amazon voucher from Swagbucks, and I did it!! :). When that comes through I'll only owe my sister £10 in Amazon vouchers.

Today I'm going to work on My Survey and aim for at least a £5 voucher redeem. I've only got 71 points on there at the moment, and it's 550 for a £5 voucher.

Emz xx
  • Emzilla
    edited 17 January 2022 at 5:47PM
    Options
    Oops, gone for nearly 2 weeks!! :o I think now the urgency has gone with the electric bill, I kind of lost momentum - again!! (I did get my £5 voucher from My Survey that day BTW, but still owe my sister £5).

I was going to start comping again, but it's not the same as it used to be, and I keep thinking that making £300 extra a month (at least) with vouchers and payments has to be a lot better than just winning a few little bits through the month for the chance to maybe win something bigger. That makes sense in my mind anyway!

My Christmas shopping has gone on hold. I won't go into the details, but my OH went on a surprise trip with his mates (surprise on me, not him!), which ate up a lot of his wages and has left me not wanting to spend anything extra until I get paid on the 8th December at least. To say I was fuming is an understatement!! :mad::mad: He's back tomorrow, so I'll see how much spending money he's got left.

I've still got loads to get, but don't dare buy anything or it'll leave us short. Could strangle him!!

We've got quite a few things coming up too. 90s night on Friday, my work Christmas lunch on Sunday, Christmas lunch with a friend next Wednesday and then the week after that his parents descend on us for 3 nights. :wall:

So my Christmas shopping plan this year will have to be ordering what I can online when I get paid on the 8th and then getting whatever else I need to the week after, when my OH gets paid.

However, I won't get into this position next year - no I won't!! I have joined Dolly Rocker's challenge to pay for all presents (inc birthdays, Christmas, Easter etc) with surveys. I'll start that in January, as there's no way I can earn enough to pay for everything and receive it in time to get my presents for Christmas.

For the rest of this year, I'm going to join the £10 a day challenge, when it's up and running, and I also want to reach my Swagbucks target every day for a month, so I get a lovely big bonus for the start of 2018. Those are two challenges I have never completed, but know that I definitely can.

Emz xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I will make no comment on your OH.
    Keep plodding Emz.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Emzilla
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    I will make no comment on your OH.
    Keep plodding Emz.

I have made lots of comments on my OH Lou!! All I can say is: :wall::wall::wall:

Emz xx
  • Emzilla
    Options
    OH is back. He bought back £85 worth of spending money. Would have been more if he hadn't gotten me a 100ml bottle of Miss Dior. A kind thought, and his heart is in the right place, but I would have preferred the extra cash.

Anyway, just a quick one before I go to work. I'm meeting up with my friend next week for our Christmas lunch. She's the only friend that I exchange gifts with. She is the friend that helped me out with the electric bill. So, I got her a Nivea set from Tesco as it was half price. She loves Nivea, so I know she'll like it. It was £7.50 but was reduced to £3.75. My question is, should I get something to go with it? I was thinking a £10 M&S voucher or something. I feel bad that she has helped me out so much and I've spent less than a fiver on her.

What do you all think? Add more to the gift, or save money and just give the Nivea set?

Emz xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sure she will be happy with gift set :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Emzilla
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Sure she will be happy with gift set :)

Thanks Lou. I'll stick with the gift set. It's her birthday in early January, so I might try and earn a £15-£20 M&S voucher for her from surveys to make up for it.

Emz xx
  • Emzilla
    Options
    I've managed to get all of my cards purchased today, so I feel a tad more organised. I even got a free pack of cards from WH Smiths on the O2 app.

OH is still off work on leave, so he's getting under my feet and it's hard to get stuff done. Hence why I've come over to my mum's to get some peace and quiet. Will at least be able to reach my Swagbucks target here.

Off to the 90s night this evening, which I could do without if I'm honest. However, the tickets are paid for, so I'll not waste them. I just can't dance much anymore and end up sat on my own for most of the evening. One dance and I'm wiped out for the next half an hour! Not that I begrudge anyone else dancing, just wish that I could do it too :o

Emz xx
  • Emzilla
    Options
    So the electric arrears saga runs on. I received an email totally out of the blue yesterday from my friend saying that she wanted to cancel our Christmas lunch on Wednesday, basically calling me a liar for the reason I borrowed the money (don't know what she thinks I did with it!) and she set out repayment terms to me of £260 a month for 5 months with £270 for the final 6th month, paid on the 3rd of every month IN CASH (yes, she put that in capitals), posted through her door starting on the 3rd January.

I'm totally fuming. Don't get me wrong, I am still grateful to her for helping me out, but I have known her for 15 years and for her to just turn around and call me a liar like that is uncalled for. I can bloody prove what I used the money for!! She was absolutely fine when she was lending it, saying things like I was 'more than a friend, I was family' and I 'should have gone to her sooner'.

So I sent a simple response saying I had not been untruthful with her in anyway, I would of course pay her back as per her terms, but I'll try to do it more quickly than 6 months and that I was still grateful for her helping me out. I also said I want an email from her each time to confirm she's received the money. I want written proof she's got it.

I want to pay her back as soon as I can, and then that's our 15 year friendship done. I'm not being treated like that.

My plan is to pay her back in 4 instalments, each on the day my OH gets paid (just because he gets paid every 4 weeks and I never work on those Fridays, so it's easier to drive to her).

15th December - £370
    12th January - £400
    9th February - £400
    9th March - £400

It's going to be tight, but I'll do as much extra money making as I can. I want her paid back. I'm so glad I didn't spend loads of money on a present for her now. I'll give the Nivea set to my sister. Plus I won't have to buy her a birthday present next month now.

Emz xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport