Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Options

Comments

• bubieyehyeh
    bubieyehyeh Posts: 587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ive around 8 Notts BS RS and they are all branch and cheque withdrawal.

Which issue and what do your T&Cs state?

The sports aid one ends at end of March, and need to get the money out sharpish, but its maturing near Easter. I feared if only Cheque that might delay things further. I suspect a £4000ish cash withdrawl and pay-in at the bank might cause more issues.

I was going to ring tomorrow to ask, once the last payment would have cleared, but wondered if anyone knew.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The sports aid one ends at end of March, and need to get the money out sharpish, but its maturing near Easter. I feared if only Cheque that might delay things further. I suspect a £4000ish cash withdrawl and pay-in at the bank might cause more issues.

I was going to ring tomorrow to ask, once the last payment would have cleared, but wondered if anyone knew.

You can't withdraw from the reg saver on Saturday 31st as it doesn't mature until midnight 31st/1st. So as Monday 2nd April is Easter Monday, the earliest you can withdraw from it is Tuesday 3rd April.
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    Options

Just checking my ss and it’ll be cheque withdrawal unless you can open an instant access and get the balance transferred?

It was one that you could have missed as any payments as you like though. Bit late now but if you needed the funds you could have skipped today’s and others payments....
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Last standing order gone out for Santander Regular Saver.

Just in time to fund the next Virgin RS newly opened.

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • Kazza242
    Kazza242 Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 March 2018 at 11:31AM
    Options
    Virgin Money have launched a new issue of their store-based Regular Saver.

Regular Saver (issue 9) was launched on 1st March 2018 and pays 2.25%.

It matures on 1st April 2019.

Minimum balance £1. Maximum balance £3,250.

Further details here

(Apologies if it has already been posted. I couldn't see it mentioned at the time of writing this post).
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • briddj
    briddj Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    If Virgin aren't going to up from 2.25% I'm going to start filtering some of this money into an S&S ISA as they muture I think. Not going to bother opening new issues with them.
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    And mine is now showing as a box with no account name or balance just ACCESS DENIED.
    Hmmm, the same seems to have happened to mine now.
    Stompa
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    Options
    Kazza242 wrote: »
    Virgin Money have launched a new issue of their store-based Regular Saver.

Regular Saver (issue 9) was launched on 1st March 2018 and pays 2.25%.

It matures on 1st April 2019.

Minimum balance £1. Maximum balance £3,250.

Thanks for this information. I need to visit the branch anyway to close the matchday saver that ended yesterday, but don't really want to go out in this weather at the moment.

frogletina
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Options
    briddj wrote: »
    If Virgin aren't going to up from 2.25% I'm going to start filtering some of this money into an S&S ISA as they muture I think. Not going to bother opening new issues with them.

I have felt the same disappointment about the interest rate but the saving grace is the facility to withdraw from, miss payments to or even close the account if somewhere along the line you decide it's not worth carrying it on.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Options
    Frogletina wrote: »
    Thanks for this information. I need to visit the branch anyway to close the matchday saver that ended yesterday, but don't really want to go out in this weather at the moment.

frogletina

I braved the weather y/day to collect from the maturing RS. A pity I didn't know about this! I'll book an appointment and hope by then that the Gulf Stream gets back to doing its job.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure