PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No "T" words mentioned at all - the continuation thread

Options

Comments

• Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Ooh, that reminds me, I must check my foraging place for crab apples soon, and see how the sloes are doing. DH said last night he doesn't want to make elderberry wine this year (grr as he said he wanted them so I didn't make elderflower cordial!) so I think I will make cordial instead.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    Did I just read you right Lyn? you put crab apples into stews and the like? I've learned something new today then! Not bad for 9.34am. Only here :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Not crab apples but CRAB APPLE JELLY made from them, crab apples unprocessed are very, very unpleasant indeed BUT if there wasn't anything else to eat they wouldn't kill you! just give you the green apple two step should you consume too many of them!
  • fuddle
    Options
    Ah crap apple jelly! Noted ;) oooops at the typo but leaving it as it's relevant :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hee Hee Hee!!!
  • fuddle
    Options
    Well you'd be hard pushed to spoil my mood (and I am dealing with an electrician problem from the kitchen refit) because...

I have the carpet down! :j:j:j:j:j:j

My little house is finished except from the bathroom but we're making do and having a renovation rest.

The only jobs left are:

a tartan roman blind that I would like for the kitchen in sage green, cream and greys. The kitchen is bland and I've been sensible. The blind is not needed as I have white venetians but it's wanted and I'm allowing myself a want. :D

a mantel for over the stove. Again it's not needed but wanted but it's in hand as DH has a fence post drying out in his warehouse. :D the plan is to sand it, bash it up to give it a rustic look and stain it et voila a freebie mantel.

Lyn the chick draught excluder that you know so well will be getting a new cover made by me at some point. The poor thing has been all round the country, it tattered, dusted, wrung out from the wash but very much needed and central to our home.

And on that list was a runner for the kitchen as we trail so much through that back door but the carpet fitter has cut me a strip from the heavy duty matting I got put down at the front door so I'm making do. It looks the part and the rubber backing ensures it doesn't slip on the floor.

And that my friends is my journey into getting myself a home. I'll show the living room when DH gets the furniture down and it's all back in place. I know it's a bit self indulgent to show you all my home but all the OSers have been instrumental in my journey to fixing the mess we created financially, relearning, growing and finding security again. Poop getting emotional now.

My Mam and Dad helped me get my house and I'll be forever grateful for them for ensuring we were ok when they died. I had a good, grounded, decent upbringing and it's that that you all have tapped into to help me move on from the screwed up life I lead from teenage to late twenties. You've all helped me to be the person they wanted me to be but just couldn't do for me because of illness, death, sadness and addiction.

Thank you. It's time for the next chapter and I'm very excited to see what contentment brings. :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Welcome home my girlie, it's been a long hard journey for you all but you've found safe harbour and home at last, you've never given up on anything I've never heard you complain in all the moves and setbacks and upsets there have been along the way. You young lady are someone to be proud of, we may have helped with ideas and support BUT you and only you have done the hard graft in your life that has earned you what you have just completed, your own home, finally eh? Enjoy it, close that front door, sit down, make a cuppa and now after all these fraught and unsettled years think that thought.....It's mine! Good on you girlie xxx.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fuddle. x x x x x x x x x x x x x

YOU DID IT.

(I can hear the distant trumpet fanfare.)
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • lillibet_dripping
    Options
    Fuds - I remember the early days when your avatar was a tangled, mangled ball of string/wool/stuff! Look how far you've come!!! I was going to say 'I hope you enjoy your home' but I'd rather say 'I KNOW you'll enjoy your home - we have all shared your journey (some of us in the background and lurking - guilty as charged!) and I know all of us 'lurkers' wish you every possible happiness in your little nest - YOU DESERVE IT!!!
    Lilli x
    :j[DFW Nerd club #1142 Proud to be dealing with my debt:TDMP start date April 2012. Amount £21862:eek:April 2013 = £20414:T April 2014 = £11000 :TApril 2015 = £9500 :T April 2016 = £7200:T
    DECEMBER 2016 - Due to moving house/down-sizing NO MORTGAGE; NO OVERDRAFT; NO DEBTS; NO CREDIT CARDS; NO STORE-CARDS; NO LOANS = FREEDOM:j:j:beer::j:j:T:T
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Brilliant, fuddle :T xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts