Catalogue PPI

Options
I used to run Grattans, Freemans, Great Universal and Littlewoods Catalogues. I cannot remember reference numbers. Would i still be able to use letter templates without this information to claim ppi? Does anybody know the address as to where i should send the claim for any of the above named? :beer:

Comments

• BEAT_THE_DEBT
    Options
    Great universal and kays. 08000929051
    Freemans/grattan 03332008068 or 01274575511
    no acc nums needed they will search name and address x
    Littlewoods are barclays i think now do online barclays ppi and they will pass on to cat section.
    btd
  • MCGONIS
    MCGONIS Posts: 699 Forumite
    Options
    Hi. I was able to make a complaint to Littlewoods (Shop Direct Group) recently. It was only around £300 I was awarded. They are very helpful if you need help to locate the account number.

They would also deal with your complaint about Kays and Great Universal as Littlewoods took over these brands. If the accounts are really old they will explain that they are also acting of behalf of Aviva (the underwriter of the policy)

Freemans and Grattan are both part of Otto UK based in Bradford.

Good luck!
  • mushy23
    mushy23 Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for that information, did you just ring catalogues to find out if you had ppi or did you use letter templates on this site to claim?:beer:
  • suzie_gilroy
    Options
    HI

I used to run a studio cards catalogue for the girl's at work. Anyone out there know if this catalogue is classed in the same group of Freeman's /Gratton/Littlewood regarding the PPI claim. Any info greatly appreciated.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Placida
    Options
    HI

I used to run a studio cards catalogue for the girl's at work. Anyone out there know if this catalogue is classed in the same group of Freeman's /Gratton/Littlewood regarding the PPI claim. Any info greatly appreciated.

Studio is a brand of Express Gifts Ltd

See here

http://www.express-gifts.co.uk/our-business/financial-services/making-your-decision-about-ppi
  • MrsShazbat
    Options
    While doing some reclaiming today following on from the various links thru the Resolver site, I tried looking up Freemans but all I found was some info on here (dating back to a thread in 2014) that said if it was pre-2005 they weren't regulated then so a claim can be dismissed. Not sure whether that helps but my account with them was late 80s/early 90s so haven't bothered pursuing although I'm damn sure there'll be PPI or its equivalent on it
    SPCNo.17 #20 (16 £678; 15 £1120.92; 14 £416.53; 13 £191.52; 12 £260.48; 11 £480.95; 10 £682.31; 9 £442.64)
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    No catalogues were regulated prior to 2005.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • kish
    kish Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    If Catalogues weren't regulated prior to 2005 but I had an account with Studio Cards 1997-2007 would they not be liable for the 2 years after the regulations began? I have statements that show I paid PPI but have been told by Express Gifts my PPI complaint won't be upheld because my account started prior to 2005.
  • kish
    kish Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Made a PPI Claim to Shop Direct via Resolver Tool, claim was upheld and they sent me a letter in May 2017 to say this and that I'd receive the calculation letter within 28 days. Still not had this or any money despite continuous phone calls over the summer. Not sure what to do!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure