May the (NST) force be with you

Options

Comments

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Today is spendy as I have been to B&Q for some boards to make shelves from (£14). Cleared massive space in bedroom though and have been to the gym for a hour.
    It is freezing though, now I have sat down ( rookie mistake).

Apart from that should not have any spends as supper is a veggie chilli with rice (hummus for the fussy one).

Monday is the only school night with no after school clubs, so might make scones and hot chocolate later on, just as there is no rush today.

Grateful for technology, so I can wash and dry clothes in less than 2 hours (for the ones who can't remember to bring their dirty clothes down),

For sparkly silver paint ( I am painting the laundry box - we don't have a basket) . Now nobody can say they didn't know where the laundry box is. Your can't miss it, it is Fabulous! and on the landing outside their rooms.

That there is only three weeks until Whit Week half term. I am hating the school run already.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • pippy1971
    pippy1971 Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    NSD # 3
    Was very tempted at lunchtime to go out as I seemed to have left half my lunch at home. Decided to wander into the kitchen at work instead and came away with a free yogurt and a bit of fruit. It was destined for the bin (still in date, going out of date tomorrow :D).

Will need to get a couple of things this week (petrol included) but may be able to stretch it to Thursday.

Dog will be walked later, might try and squeeze in a run too.

Today I'm grateful for the MSE forum, if I hadn't been doing this challenge I probably would have gone and got something from the shop:T I'm also grateful for a quiet day at work and day 1 of the SATS out of the way - my son says today was scary and that's quite sad really at their age. Shouldn't have to worry about exams at 11....
    NST June 2017: Jiggle Free June ..number 18
    The 365 day penny challenge £49.89
    1 debt vs 100 days challenge 26... #2
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    NSD today. Spent the morning volunteering and the afternoon sorting various stuff out

Today I am thankful for:
    * beautiful weather - sat here with doors open to the garden and have line-dried 3 loads of washing
    * my 11yo not being stressed by the SATS (sadly, I know many are :()
    * yummy walnut cake this morning
    * using some cashback & reward vouchers for the online M&S shopping I did earlier for new school uniform for DS1 - and a bonus points voucher :)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • indigowarrior
    indigowarrior Posts: 745 Forumite
    Options
    Today I am greatful for a friend who bought me a cream cake.
    i am also greatful that I didnt spend a penny outside of bills
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • SkintTeacher
    SkintTeacher Posts: 340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    nsd3

Sats here and a stinking cold. 'Rest day' in my training and lucky it is as I can hardly breath :/
  • ChasingSunshine
    Options
    Nightmare of a day here today. Crazy busy but it was completely self inflicted. Have been procrastinating for ages on some work that needed doing which is had to be done today so can get it reviewed before submission at the end of the week. Of course had computer issues all day and wanted to tear my hair out but finally got it sent. Can forget about it for at least 24 hours till the amendments come back. Why do I leave it till the last minute, swear every time I will get it done but the longer I have the more likely I am to ignore it!!
    Anyway have a lovely list of jobs for the next few days and if can work through them will be able to properly enjoy my mini-break at the weekend. Does it count as a mini-break if it is to a friends spare room? Will at least be changing cities so going to count it I think.
    No other news here, its that time of the month where am just waiting for money to come in so I can play around with allocating it to all the different pots. Few weeks yet though so will keep plodding along.

Apologies for the rambling post. Today am grateful for getting that horrid bit of work out of the way, sunshine at lunch time and being able to afford to get away for the weekend.
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Evening!

Good day here... Up - meditated - work was a great catch up day - loooooong walk home (owing to lack of car still) but was amazing sunshine and very pleasant... So, nature walk - also check!

Today I am grateful for:
    • The walk home I would never normally make. I saw the countryside in a different way, and it helps me to appreciate how lucky I am to be able to have a car
    • The peace and stillness I had this morning
    • A smooth day - and getting things done
    Today = NSD number 4

:T
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • Lauralozzle
    Lauralozzle Posts: 719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Today was a spend day I needed some dried mushrooms as mushroom risotto was on the menu for tea. It turned out really well - very pleased with it as it was my first attempt ever at making risotto.

I'm grateful for an easy day at work - it'll be the only easy day for a while and I made the most of it!
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for a good day at work, for making some plans and plotting things, for dh making a yummy tea, for dd happily doing some hwk, for finding out in advance about a big road closure later this week, for headspace, for cheery colleagues, for having extra work that will earn some extra pennies, for my health, for so much more daylight.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • swimminginaseaofdebt
    Options
    Evening everyone,

Didn’t get a chance to check in yesterday although I didn’t have much to report anyway. Did a grocery shop bringing my spends for the month to £101.16/£310.

Today has been a NSD, my 3rd of the month. I’ve walked around 2.5 miles and managed to get a wash hung outside. Also requested a payout from a survey site and will pay that off my credit card when it arrives.
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure