Options

Comments

• keith969
    keith969 Posts: 1,571 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    pushing40 wrote: »
    And do what with it? Put it in his car?

That's what I did to get evidence that my ex wasn't going to her sister's, as she claimed...
    For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong.
  • jayII
    jayII Posts: 40,693 Forumite
    Options
    Or you could take a totally different approach: 'if you can't beat em join em' and start going out more yourself, with friends (dressed up to the nines obviously) and doing other intersting things like taking up new hobbies and so on, so that you focus less on what your husband is doing. It would also make you more interesting and might give him a wake up call/make him worry what YOU are up to!!

I've been married 26 years, together with him for a while before that and I totally adore my husband. However I'd never be unfaithful and if he was cheating on me he could b00ger off with her as I don't want a cheat in my life! No one deserves that and I'd much prefer to be alone than be with someone who can be so sleazy, disrespectful and inconsiderate towards me. If he cheated and regretted it, he'd have to eat some major crow before I'd consider reconnecting with him.

I honestly can't understand why anyone would be with a partner they don't trust--either he's cheating or he isn't, but if really is then you're way better off without him!

Sorry for the rant, but you deserve so much more than sloppy seconds! :o
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] Fighting the biggest battle of my life. :( Started 30th January 2018.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
  • pushing40
    pushing40 Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Doing this, even thinking about it, paints you as a crazed stalker and is a criminal offence. Also, if you have children it could seriously jeopardize your relationship with them if it came out. Just so you know.

Think about what you are trying to achieve here and why. What is the end result you want? Not "I want evidence to confront him", but after that. Divorce? Because if you stalk him and he finds out, you might end up in prison, or with a restraining order keeping you out of your home etc. Is that really a road you want to go down?

Gosh, really. Thank you for your advice. Very helpful.

Time to talk, I think...
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In addition, I don't want him to know that I suspect something. Forewarned is forearmed. If he knows I'm onto him, he'll just get cleverer with his deceit.
    are you listening to yourself. You're risking a criminal record to avoid a conversation.

You're intending to stalk him. You are in essence the abuser in an abusive relationship if you follow through with this.
  • KateBob
    KateBob Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    In addition, I don't want him to know that I suspect something. Forewarned is forearmed. If he knows I'm onto him, he'll just get cleverer with his deceit.

If this was how I was feeling about my partner I would consider the relationship may not be salvageable under any circumstances!
    Kate short for Bob.

Alphabet thread High Priestess of all things unsavoury

Tesla was a genius.
  • pushing40
    Options
    jayII wrote: »
    Or you could take a totally different approach: 'if you can't beat em join em' and start going out more yourself, with friends (dressed up to the nines obviously) and doing other intersting things like taking up new hobbies and so on, so that you focus less on what your husband is doing. It would also make you more interesting and might give him a wake up call/make him worry what YOU are up to!!

I've been married 26 years, together with him for a while before that and I totally adore my husband. However I'd never be unfaithful and if he was cheating on me he could b00ger off with her as I don't want a cheat in my life! No one deserves that and I'd much prefer to be alone than be with someone who can be so sleazy, disrespectful and inconsiderate towards me. If he cheated and regretted it, he'd have to eat some major crow before I'd consider reconnecting with him.

I honestly can't understand why anyone would be with a partner they don't trust--either he's cheating or he isn't, but if really is then you're way better off without him!

Sorry for the rant, but you deserve so much more than sloppy seconds! :o

I absolutely LOVE this reply. Thank you!!!
  • Comms69
    Options
    keith969 wrote: »
    google 'gps tracker'.
    And do what with it? Put it in his car?
    Get arrested, charged, and at best receive a restraining order and a community order.
  • jayII
    jayII Posts: 40,693 Forumite
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE this reply. Thank you!!!

You're very welcome. Good luck with whatever you decide to do! :)
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] Fighting the biggest battle of my life. :( Started 30th January 2018.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
  • pushing40
    Options
    Ok, lots of replies on this thread have given me a bit of a wake up call, so thank you to all of you.

But... can anyone answer this for me (as I really don't know the answer)...

If it's illegal to track someone without their permission/knowledge, even your spouse, why do such websites exist that claim they can tell you the location of any mobile phone?
  • Comms69
    Options
    Ok, lots of replies on this thread have given me a bit of a wake up call, so thank you to all of you.

But... can anyone answer this for me (as I really don't know the answer)...

If it's illegal to track someone without their permission/knowledge, even your spouse, why do such websites exist that claim they can tell you the location of any mobile phone?
    Because they pray on the desperate and gullible.

None of those websites are based in the UK too. (except the ones that will let you track 'your own phone' - but there's very long T&Cs)

You use the words 'even your spouse' that is typically the victim of stalking in 99.9% of cases. So the law is actually built with that in mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure