Ryanair Flight Changes

Options
Managed to make a hash of booking some Ryanair return tickets. Booked outbound for 8pm and not 8am cost of change is prohibitive.

Can I just rebook the 8am outbound leg? Not turning up for my already booked 8pm flight won't affect my return inbound leg will it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,552 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ryanair are a point to point airline so a "return" is simply the total of 2 x one-way tickets. You can miss the outbound and the return flight will be fine
    Note if you have booked in the last 24 hours they are able to make changes to times etc without the change fees but you need to phone
    https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview/Flight-Changes-And-Refunds/Minor-booking-changes-within-24-hours
  • firefox1956
    firefox1956 Posts: 1,548 Forumite
    Options
    Go online & use their Chat facility.
    If you chat nicely they may make the changes you require free of charge.
    I made a mistake & double booked a flight a month or so ago.
    Went online & they cancelled the extra booking & refunded my money a couple of days later.
    Worth a try I would have thought............
    HTH
  • pantaiema
    pantaiema Posts: 183 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 21 July 2017 at 9:57PM
    Options
    Go online & use their Chat facility.
    If you chat nicely they may make the changes you require free of charge.
    I made a mistake & double booked a flight a month or so ago.
    Went online & they cancelled the extra booking & refunded my money a couple of days later.
    Worth a try I would have thought............
    HTH

I think your case is totally different with the OP. Your case is the double booking e.g. the same person has booked the same flight on the same departure time and date. Also it might be becasue they have seen an advatage for them to cancel your flight if the flight is almost fully book on that particular flight.

In the OP case is not the same departure time.
    If Ryan Air allows this to happen it is very easy for people to book the cheapest flight on that date. Also it is huge admin burden to allow this to happen given the way Ryan Air work.
    When time has come and you cannot take that flight then you Book another flight on that date and ask for refund??

I would be really surprised if anyone has ever got refunded in this instance. I missed my flight a few times and never got refunded and I do not want to waste people time for the time I has wasted.
    For the OP it is totally fine to miss the fight. I have been in your position quite a few times where I missed the flight.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure