City Financial Loan Brokers....SCAM or NOT ?

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Beckie25 wrote: »
    well im the next to coned!! 1 hour ago i paid the fee of £55!!! i got home and read the reviews on here and i was shocked!! it seemed so real and convincing it was too good to be true!!! i called up and i was told it was tough i couldnt speak to the Dylan who i had been speaking with he was on the phone and the guy put the phone down! i called back and got the same guy and told him not to be rude as i had only asked to speak to the guy who i had been dealing with...he again out down the phone on me!! i called back and got a woman who said because i had already paid my fee i had to call customer services on the same number but instead of a 1 at the end i had tp put a 4!! i have been waiting for somebody to answer for the last 20 minutes!!!!!!

They really need to be stopped ASAP!!!!

As others have said on this thread, you need to write to them to cancel and request a refund. You should send the letter recorded delivery so they can't say they haven't received it. It's no good calling, and in the end you're just wasting more of your money by doing so.
  • geoffky
    geoffky Posts: 6,835 Forumite
    edited 1 December 2011 at 10:23PM
    Options
    Some people reading this might feel sorry for some of you who have been scammed but i for one do not have a ounce of sympathy for any of them as they are at the end of the road where they themselves have run out of company's they can scam out of money themselves.They got here by not paying other company's back what they loaned.
    It is nice to see the value of your house going up'' Why ?
    Unless you are planning to sell up and not live anywhere, I can;t see the advantage.
    If you are planning to upsize the new house will cost more.
    If you are planning to downsize your new house will cost more than it should
    If you are trying to buy your first house its almost impossible.
  • pauletruth
    pauletruth Posts: 1,133 Forumite
    Options
    getting advice on a scam from a scammer. quess how the indian scammers got your details. those nice english ones sold your details on their mug list to them. as it is 6 weeks your not likely to get your money back. its dead simple don't pay up front. if there are fees tell them to deduct it from the loan.
  • denzel
    Options
    I have also fallen fowl of City Financial. They telephoned me and told me that they had definately found a 'Lender' and it was 100% approved that I could have a loan of £3500.00. I foolishly paid over the £65.00 fee and was given a reference number. They advised that they would e-mail me the T&C.
    However, the following morning I received a phone call from the 'Lender' - Lending Solutions, they advised that I had to pay the first months direct debit to pay them up-front. they quoted the reference number City Financial had given me. They told me to pay via 'Pay-safe', which I foolishly did, another £50.00 lost. They had advised that I would receive the £3500.00 in 40 minutes. 10 minutes later, the 'Accounts Manager' phoned me with the 'GOOD NEWS' that they were transferring £3800.00 into my bank account. BUT, first of all I had to pay £300.00 into a Halifax bank account - D A FOX - as this was for tax purposes.
    Did I do it? This time, my common sense finally kicked in and stupidity left my brain. I am absolutely fuming with myself for being such an idiot. This is £115.00 lost - £115.00 I truly could not afford, would I be asking for a loan if I had money to play Russian roulette with?
    I am going to the police as the 'PAYSAFE' is not actually all that safe after all. What a wally I am. A very, very poor wally.
  • fozmcfc
    fozmcfc Posts: 3,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well done to you for not fallen for it any further at the £300 stage.

Brokers are bad enough, they tell lies and you don't normally get a loan or if you do, it isn't anything like you wanted.

But people like Lending Solutions are even worst still, out and conmen and thevies.
  • iolanthe07
    iolanthe07 Posts: 5,493 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck with going to the police with this. These scum are usually based abroad, so it might be difficult for the authorities to prosecute them. Let us know how you get on.
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
  • denzel
    Options
    I have been doing some further 'digging' AND GUESS WHAT? All these companies are 'related' - same 'accents', same telephone numbers and all the 'company registrations' at Companies House are 'Dissolved'.
    I am such an idiot. A very poor idiot now.
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    Options
    denzel wrote: »
    I am such an idiot. A very poor idiot now.

The clue was when they said "100% guaranteed".

Expensive mistake for you but I hope you have now learned people aren't always entirely honest, even the one who promise.
  • joemul2011
    Options
    I have received a txt message from city saying that my loan had been aproved when i called the telephone number they wanted additional information i thought that this was rather odd as they said that it had been aproved why would i need to give extra information if my application had been aproved. They then asked for a payment of £65 which is rather strange as I'm wanting money not to give money however when i questioned this the advisor on who i spoke to was very rude and unhelpful and wanted a quick sale they wanted to setup a standing order to take the money from my bank accounton my payday needless to say that i didn't give them any bank details. I also asked if they were a broker and they said no and i will be reporting this to the relitive bodies as all of my telephone calls are recorded.

This is a scam stay well away from the company no loan company will charge you a transfer fee for a loan.
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    Options
    You got as random text message and rang the number back??

How much did that little call cost you??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure