Welcome Finance PPI.....Aaaaarrrrrhhh!!

Options

Comments

• ratty2601
    Options
    Does anyone have a telephone number for these muppets.
    They keep sending me stuff for someone else.
    Its getting on my t*ts
  • weesox
    Options
    i got car from welcome finance ......try dunhamlaw.co.uk ...i contacted them ...sent the contract off to them and within a matter of weeks i was offered the full ppi +interest +compensatory interest ..totaling over £2500 ............many thanks to the guys who sorted it out for me...:beer:
  • redreformer
    Options
    hi i have had a loan with welcome finance for a couple of years and have been paying payment protection insurance.

after reading a forum on this site i decided to try and reclaim my ppi, so downloaded all the template's and the financial OMB forms in preperation as i was expecting a long fight,

i sent my first letter just over two weeks ago via recorded delivery and put the following:

I purchased the above policy from you in February 2008but now believe that I was mis-sold this policy for the following reasons.

This is due to the fact that I was not given the correct information when the policy was sold to me, as.
    • Your salesperson implied that taking out the policy was essential for me to get the associated credit as I had a low credit rating and I was high risk.
    • I am concerned the sales assistant that sold me the policy has no financial background and the policy was not sold in my best interests.
    Unless you can satisfactorily justify to me that the policy was fair and reasonable I am requesting a full refund of all premiums, and subsequent interest on these payments, that I have paid to date. As I believe I have been deprived of this money I also expect 8% statutory interest, the amount a court would award, to be added to each payment made.

I look forward to a full and prompt response to this letter and for the matter to be concluded within eight weeks or I shall be contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint.

Yours faithfully,

after 5 days i received a letter back saying they where looking into my case and was asked to fill in a questionaire which i did and again sent via recorded delivery:

then today 2 weeks after i sent my first letter i received a letter saying that my claim had been accepted and i would receive a refund of £1895 which includes the 8% interest included in the letter and also my loan payments would be reduce by £80.00 per month.

i would like to thank MSE for all the templates and information on re-claiming as i wouldnt be able to do it without you.

and if you thinking of reclaimg do it now get yourself prepared download all the template's send everything recorded delivery and as ive shown you can get wonderful rewards.

mark
  • Up until Jan this year I had no idea I paid ppi on 2 remortage deals with Welcome. I got one set of credit agreement when I asked for them and was able to see the statement... Lots of weird issues have come up, I singed for a second charge on my house (2003) but the witness is completely unkown to me and was as I recall soemone fixing the electrics in their office. I stupidly told them I had dyscalculos because I thought it meant they would give me better advice and it seems that they have totally taken the P$£^ by charging for PPI, ad hoc charges, interest.. the list goes on..

Is anyone else battling with welcome and does anyone know if I should seek legal advice given the dodgy delaings!!!
  • Smallfries
    Smallfries Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    i am currently trying to claim my PPI back, i sent a letter with the questionaire completed to save time and i got a blank one back. i saw this as delay tactic so am awaiting a further response. i gave them till tomorrow so will keep you all updated.
    Been away but now i am back!

:)
  • angellady_2
    Options
    Hi, I saw your post and was wondering if you received any responce from Welcome Finance yet. I have sent my letter with completed questionaire and a photocopy of all the documents and they did the same to me by sending me a blank questionaire. I sent it straight back with a copy of all the originals. :mad::mad:
  • lattir
    lattir Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Has anyone every had their agreement cancel and PPI paid back but never received a rebook agreement.
  • stumpton
    Options
    Has anyone had dealings with Belmont Thornton in regards to Welcome Finance PPI claims? I submitted a request to them back in March along with a charges claim for a Vanquis card I have. They dealt with the Vanquis charges quickly and I received a cheque in a matter of weeks and was impressed.

Problem is that I have never had any communication from them about the PPI claims. I call them every 2 weeks to be told the same thing "Welcome Finance are causing the delays and we are chasing them" but nothing every progresses. It's been over 5 months now (was initially told up to 12 weeks when I agreed to use them) and it seems like nothing has moved on. I did received a questionare in the first couple of weeks but now nothing.

Would it be worth ditching Belmont and trying another way or would I be waiting just as long? It's getting frustrating now.

Thanks
    Stump
  • Loona
    Options
    I've been waiting 10 weeks for the £3800 they owe me but got told today that the wrong form was sent out to me and that the process would have to start again...

I've heard a rumour there might be some one undercover currently secretly filming for a big tv expose on mis-sold PPI... I hope so. If I headed up that company I'd be running for the hills right now...
  • dartsfan
    Options
    I am currently claiming PPI against welcome finance, they keep missing deadlines to answer my letters, I received a letter saying they wanted me to ring as they wanted to discuss an offer. I rang them to be told that no letter had been sent by them to me was i sure it was from them, i sent them a fax of the letter and was promised a manager would look at this matter and have heard nothing since. I have been advised to conplain to the office of fair trading as they can fine welcome if the oft think welcome is taking too long over this. I have heard a rumour that welcome finance are going out of business, a friend of mine works for a PPI recovery business and he told me welcome are a right mess and that the staff at welcome have all been put on notice, I am trying to get my money out quick if true.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure