All I want to be...is Free!

Options

Comments

• juststuff123
    juststuff123 Posts: 295 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I got £100 through Quidco last week for my Broadband & home phone deal. But I’m still fighting for £46.50 from M&S for my Gas and Electric. Seriously, I made the switch back in November it should have been sorted by now!
    I went out last night. I went to a Pole show to watch friend perform, she was fab. And there were some other really great performers, I have a few new moves I want to try (Fitness hobby not professionally) and now I have a real urge to try Arial Hoop! I’ll have to look into it – it won’t be cheap! Including the ticket the evening cost so £20.67.
    I’m off to Zumba in the next couple of hours… I better go and get ready.
    GOAL:- £350k in Savings by September 2025 SAVINGS: – £274,704 COMPLETE GOALS - Debt Free, Mortgage Free, £250k Savings Save 12k in 2024 #12 = £46,452 / £130,000
  • juststuff123
    Options
    So, I knew this month would be a bad one financially. I had a friend’s wedding to go to, it was a wonderful day, and the bride looked stunning! :jBut the wedding was arranged on the same day as some sort of sporting final. So the hotel cost a fortune and it’s all the stuff that goes with it, the wedding gift, & transport ,the haircut, professional make-up, etc. (I was a bridesmaid). I’m sweating just thinking about it! :eek:And disappointingly they didn’t take up my suggestion for a paddling sized chocolate / vodka fountain! I knew the costs were coming so I was able to budget for them; it’s just difficult to see all the extra savings I manage to make in April disappear in May. But I’ve put a lot of the costs onto my stoozing credit card so I’ll get a little interest back.
    GOAL:- £350k in Savings by September 2025 SAVINGS: – £274,704 COMPLETE GOALS - Debt Free, Mortgage Free, £250k Savings Save 12k in 2024 #12 = £46,452 / £130,000
  • juststuff123
    Options
    Just got a letter from the Tax Man! I applied for the rebate for washing my uniform, I work in an office but we have fleeces. I got a cheque for £45 and now I get an extra £1 in my monthly pay packet...Every little helps.
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Just got a letter from the Tax Man! I applied for the rebate for washing my uniform, I work in an office but we have fleeces. I got a cheque for £45 and now I get an extra £1 in my monthly pay packet...Every little helps.

Better than a slap in the face with a wet fish (unless the wet fish was a very large and fresh cod which you could cut up and stick in the freezer :D)
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • juststuff123
    Options
    He He, well unless the fish normally cost more than £45, I reackon i'm still ahead!
  • juststuff123
    Options
    Just booked a 6 week Aerial Hoop Course for £42 which isn't to bad. I'm very excited - the only down side is that it's a 2hr round trip after work. Still for 6 weeks I can manage! :D This does mean I'm going to have to go out and get new leggings.
  • juststuff123
    Options
    Been very bad today! I went into town to pick up a prescription & renew a library book and ended up spending over £70! In my (very small) defence I didn't pay full price for anything. I got two cardi's and some T-Shirts - I was feeling optimistic about the summer. And some Mascara. Did an online grocery shop when I got home, I'll collect it tomorrow (I'm not paying for delivery!), I spent £60 I did have over £100 worth in the basket but I got pretty ruthless at the checkout. The cupboard, freezer & fridge are all almost empty, I'll just have to re-stock more gradually. Also just paid £100 for a Hen party in September. All in all a very bad end to this month.:(
    Must do Better next month
    Must do Better next month...
  • sweetdaisy
    sweetdaisy Posts: 1,249 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself. Life is for living and would be boring without the occasional blow-out :D.
  • juststuff123
    Options
    What have I been up to this week? Not much to report on the mortgage front, I’m only overpaying regularly by £50 per month. Any left money goes into my Santander account until I hit the £20k threshold, that's well on track for next March. I just found out I was supposed to wait 12 months before opening a new 5% nationwide current account. I’ve just wasted 2 months and now I have to wait until next June to open a new one, I’m not sure whether the reduced Interest or the fact that it messes up my spread sheet bothers me more. (I like to run my finances April to April) Well onwards and upwards!... Well onwards anyway
  • juststuff123
    Options
    Up at 5 this morning, couldn't sleep. I decided to do some cooking I made a double batch of spicy tomato sauce (Ratatouille without the cheese), a double batch of curry, a batch of bolognaise and a double batch of chilli, all for the freezer. It should last me for months! I also had a go at a couple of new recipes, bean and mushroom noodles & mange tout, grape & almond Quinoa. So that's lunch sorted for the rest of the week. All in all, quite a productive day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure