Refund to closed account

Options
BoGoF
BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
Bit of advice please. Back in February OH bought tickets through Ticketmaster for a show in Feb 18 which has now been cancelled and a refund is going to made to card used. However card account has since been closed so will the money bounce back to Ticketmaster and alternative means can be used?

Thanks

Comments

• Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    No the money will go back to your card provider and you'll need to contact them to get them to send you a cheque or bank transfer for the refund amount.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks - was hoping what wouldn't be the answer as no paperwork now held or account number.
  • Samsung_Note2
    Options
    BoGoF wrote: »
    Thanks - was hoping what wouldn't be the answer as no paperwork now held or account number.

You shouldn't need it..the Company you had the account with can easily find you on system with your name address and certainly private details you would have shared with them.

Once they locate the account they can send you the funds...its quite easy,ive done it with credit card firm.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure