PPI Time Frame

Options
I have always thought about making a PPI claim but have never been sure how far back the process looks if there was anything in my past it would be circa 20yrs ago. I have only ever used one Bank so traceability wouldn't be a problem, can I do it? or has that boat sailed?

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    PPI for what, loan, credit card. Its a complaint, not a claim and do you have back up for your complaint
    What would you be complaining about. Its doubtful your bank would have detals after this long
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • societys_child
    Options
    I have always thought about making a PPI claim
    You'd need to know what your complaint related to. Do you have anything specific in mind? Without any further info, it's difficult to advise.
  • AnotnaC7
    Options
    I would be referring to a Halifax Mortgage taken out in 1994 running through to 2003 and also double glazing purchased through CR Smith at what I remember to be extortionate loan rates
  • societys_child
    Options
    Phone the Halifax and ask.

Re the DG, if CR Smith sold you a ppi policy and it was before 2005, they won't have been registered, so could dismiss any complaint. If after, you'd need to find out if you had a ppi policy attached to the loan.
    The interest on the loan is nothing to do with ppi I'm afraid.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    they won't have been registered,
    You mean regulated, of course. ;)
    Gilbz67 wrote: »
    extortionate loan rates
    That's not a valid complaint, I'm afraid. It was your own choice whether to accept an expensive loan or not..
  • societys_child
    Options
    I think I did . . . :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills