Options

Comments

• chucknorris
    chucknorris Posts: 10,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 September 2015 at 1:49PM
    Options
    Dizzy_Imp wrote: »
    Oh dear :( Feeling rubbish this morning. Been awake on and off throughout the night. First sweaty and hot, then cold etc. etc.

DH worked late yesterday and arrived home with kebabs for us all. Cue me opening a bottle of red wine. And drinking the lot. :eek: I deliberately ignored my inner self-control despite my body telling me "no"... I think I am now ready to stop drinking wine. I didn't enjoy most of the bottle and certainly feel rough now.

I think I'm finally seeing the light. I used to enjoy drinking, but last night I just didn't. And I am soooo tired now.

I note that you are recording ALD's (as I also am) rather than AFD's, where do you draw the line for an ALD?

It isn't as simple as it sounds for me, because my real target is no more than 21 units a week. But this week (my weeks run from Tuesdays to Mondays) I have drank the following units: 0,0,7,7.2, and I anticipate the week finishing 0,4.6 and 0, totalling 18.8 units (2 bottles of my fav red wine). But that records as 2 days as fails, as previously I decided that 5 units or less was an ALD, despite the fact that my week (if I do it) would be a success. I might have are-think about how I record my drinking, I'm unsure at the moment if my system is valid or not.
    Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one birdThe only time Chuck Norris was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistakeChuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".I've started running again, after several injuries had forced me to stop
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    26/30 please, Shaggy.
    Better is good enough.
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 26 September 2015 at 9:53PM
    Options
    Hi Chuck - for me an ALD is one drink. It may be more than 1 unit (a large glass of wine for example is 3-4 units) but to me ALD means just one drink.

I put the leftover wine from Thursday evening into some chutney I was making last night, so an AFD for me, taking me to 17/21 please Shaggy x I won't be drinking tonight either - 5am start Tom...big football game that SS is playing in.

Erm, I might be missing something but the October challenge says 24 days up for the counting? 31 days in October, so not sure why it's 24? I'm going to try and abstain for the month, so that would be 31 pour moi...
  • debjay
    debjay Posts: 2,090 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 26 September 2015 at 7:28PM
    Options
    19/20 for last night. Haven't decided yet for tonight so won't declare yet.

Edited to add I'm keeping October low as away for 10 nights so can I have 13 please hoping that I'll exceed it.
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My last day on Warfarin is the 16th October, so will set my October target at 25/31 AFDs :)
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    18/21 for me please x
  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,752 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had an emotionally draining discussion with DH, and made our peace.

Had a good parkrun, and almost had a record time for 2015, except all the farmers in the North West decided to drive slowly in front of me, so I didn't make the official start-line.

Rescued my niece tonight, who locked her keys inside her car.
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • lincs1205
    Options
    Hi please could I join. I would like 31 AFD for October please. Thankyou.:D
    MBNA 0% ends 10/04/2020 £15843
    Virgin 0% ends 09/06/19 £ 8007
    Virgin 0% ends 17/7/19 £6379
    Virgin 0% ends 17/7/19 £ 7229.26
    £30229 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    SPC 069
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Welcome lincs!

28 days AF and I thought I would share!

Feeling brighter, more optimistic, my mind is clearer.
    Waking feeling so much better and not wanting to sleep after lunch.
    Losing the weight gained when drinking
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    everyday without really trying to lose it.
    My appetite has much reduced though I want sweet things more and fatty foods less.

I would be interested to hear anyone else's experiences past the month mark.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure