WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times :o
    :)
    :A UK Resident :A
  • pinkteapot
    pinkteapot Posts: 8,040 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I got the Fire stick at launch when it was £19 for Prime members if they pre-ordered.

It's well worth £19 if you make use of the free video that comes with Amazon Prime.

It's really geared up for that. The homescreen is all Amazon video listings. For other video sources - Netflix, streaming from your computer, etc - you have to open an app for each source. It's not like you boot it up and first choose from Amazon, Netflix etc. It assumes you want to watch Amazon video.

But yeah, works well! It does need a plug socket for power, so there's a cable from it to the wall. It then plugs into the HDMI port of your TV.

Like a Kindle, it comes pre-synced to your Amazon Prime account so the only setup is putting in your wifi password. :)
  • Ruth_honey
    Ruth_honey Posts: 2,831 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone noticed that for Prime customers, if you choose 'no rush delivery' today, you get £3 credit for kindle/digital music/instant video. Usually £1. It's worked with 2 items I've bought-one £40, one £4.99.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Monthly Challenge Member #27
    12/12/12 challenge-[STRIKE]Season's Greeting Newton's Law[/STRIKE] Christmas polar bear-finished on time! :)
    Thanks to all the girls in the Cross Stitch Cafe! You're all fantastic! :A
  • RainbowDrops
    RainbowDrops Posts: 4,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Their system is a bit weird today as there are multiple sets of lightning deals to check through.
    Got a good deal earlier though - a Lamaze freddie the firefly for £6.49 :)
  • smitchy73
    smitchy73 Posts: 2,558 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I got an Oral B 6000 Cross Action Toothbrush for £46.99 but there was a promotional voucher in my account for some reason which gave me another £10 off it, so £36.99. Checked last night and on amazon was £77.96 last night, Boots had it half price at £115, and Argos had it at £109 plus my toothbrush I have keeps dying on me, so good timing for that deal and a cracked of a deal for me. Not that I would pay the full price for that.
    Thanks to all the competition posters.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,898 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/amazon-uk/prime-day/lightning

Prices 10 minutes before the sale starts
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • alisont
    alisont Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I got the TV stick for £19.99 - missed out recently on the £25 deal so was pleased to get that. Nothing else I need but the kindle for £39 is tempting me - but I got a Kindle Fire when my old basic kindle broke but not keen on that - I liked my old basic kindle for books!

I'd never taken up the Prime free trial month so got it for this month but will cancel before months up.
    I'd been saving that for Christmas shopping needs but can always see about the student 6 month trial nearer the time.

Apparently there's a way to get £6 credit to your account when you sign up for the trial and open the amazon app.
    Sealed Pot Challenge number 8 Amount declared £365.50.

Sealed pot challenge number 9 number 482
  • Ruth_honey
    Ruth_honey Posts: 2,831 Forumite
    Options
    alisont wrote: »
    I got the TV stick for £19.99 - missed out recently on the £25 deal so was pleased to get that. Nothing else I need but the kindle for £39 is tempting me - but I got a Kindle Fire when my old basic kindle broke but not keen on that - I liked my old basic kindle for books!

I'd never taken up the Prime free trial month so got it for this month but will cancel before months up.
    I'd been saving that for Christmas shopping needs but can always see about the student 6 month trial nearer the time.

Apparently there's a way to get £6 credit to your account when you sign up for the trial and open the amazon app.

Kindle fire is so different from the kindle ereader. If you liked your old basic, I'm sure you like this one. I'm getting one for my mum.

I've placed 6 orders today. The £3 no rush credit is a real sweetener for me! Very tempted by the fire stick myself. Already have chromecast, so don't *need* it, but it would be useful for streaming prime instant video to the tv.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Monthly Challenge Member #27
    12/12/12 challenge-[STRIKE]Season's Greeting Newton's Law[/STRIKE] Christmas polar bear-finished on time! :)
    Thanks to all the girls in the Cross Stitch Cafe! You're all fantastic! :A
  • downhillfast
    downhillfast Posts: 968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Missy_Spud wrote: »
    Just had a quick look, I don't think there are any major bargains to be had they have basically put up the prices and made it look like you get loads off the RRP, I was keeping my eye out for a tomee tippee closer perfect prep i had this on alert from camelcamelcamel to notify me when it came down in price, and its been the lightening price not long ago (well the white one has a few times) so not exactly a bargain! :( shame I wanted to get some bits for when the baby arrives in nov but I can prob get it cheaper elsewhere with glitches and codes in the future! lol

We were particularly keen on this having ummed and arred when it was at £60ish before... so when the price was revealed I was less than impressed! I did however decide that as we are fast approaching the need for it (baby is 10 weeks old and already has 2 bottles a day to keep him topped up!) we'd see if we could combine the lightening price with the £15 off code for the Amazon Family' thing - I was pleasantly surprised when the code worked even though the price was £59.99 rather than £60 as required by the code! (I don't think it took into account the lightening reduction which is listed as a separate discount in checkout!) All in all it cost £44.99 which I'm more than pleased with as I don't think I'll get it at that price anywhere else in the next week or so.
  • Tiddlywinks
    Tiddlywinks Posts: 5,777 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I really recommend the Fire TV stick - we take it away if we're staying in uk hotels so we can watch stuff not available from the hotel service.
    :hello:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport