Cashback sites free cash discussion

Options

Comments

• The_Golden_Goose
    Options
    Double Post
    ** Proud to be dealing with my debts **
    LBM - Jan 2009 _pale_ : £24,802.21 :eek:
    February 2010 :silenced: : £18,078.47 (not including OD)
    July 2010 :( = £16,819.34 (not including OD)
    January 2012 :mad: = £14,338.75 (not including OD)
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    Does anyone know if when you open a bank account that is offering cashback, and if you apply for it through a cashback site - do you then get both lots of cashback?

EG - WePromiseTo offering £50 cashback for A&L account

Yes you do, best if you clear cookies before you go to the cashback site to be on the safe side, while ive not looked at the other sites, I do know that Cashback Kings has a specific link for the 100.00 switch offer incentive which avoids the risk of applying through a different A+L incentive offer in error.
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    Antispam wrote: »
    Topcashback often pay more than Quidco and no annual fee

True. :T and appreciating that both CBK and TCB operate a highest cashback guarantee promise subject to a "claim", TCB tends to pay higher cashback in the first instance more often than CBK from my experiences + has the up to 110% incentive, hence me now going to Topcashback to do the deals rather than to Cashback Kings.

Being as we arent allowed to refer to higher cashbacks available elsewhere on Cashback Kings forum, headgear13.gifheadgear50.gif here is an open challenge to "Cashback Kings" :

To CBK company approved representative, :wave: how about living up to your name by at least matching (even better beat) Topcashbacks up to 110% policy which has now been in operation for around Six Months.. :huh:

On other posters points both on here and on both Cashback Kings/Rpoints forums the latter of which struggle to get a response from CBK/Rpoints admin, whilst my daily clicks track through fine is it fair that others end up waiting 14 days or more for the daily click transaction updates to be done before they find that numerous daily clicks havent tracked. :huh: ( most other sites update the daily clicks the following day at the latest )
  • The_Golden_Goose
    Options
    Yes you do, best if you clear cookies before you go to the cashback site to be on the safe side, while ive not looked at the other sites, I do know that Cashback Kings has a specific link for the 100.00 switch offer incentive which avoids the risk of applying through a different A+L incentive offer in error.

Also I notice that WPT do take an admin charge of £5.

So if I open the A&L account, they willl organise all my Direct Debits for me??

Just worry about the hassle of changing over DD's and any payments being missed or whatever!!

TIA
  • The_Golden_Goose
    Options
    FOrgot to ask, is TCB as pure CashBack site or can you do daily clicks on it?
  • Lady_K
    Lady_K Posts: 4,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes you can do dailys on tcb they are in the left column under reccuring
    Thanx

Lady_K
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    Also I notice that WPT do take an admin charge of £5.

So if I open the A&L account, they willl organise all my Direct Debits for me??

Just worry about the hassle of changing over DD's and any payments being missed or whatever!!

TIA

Neither CBK or TCB take a 5.00 admin fee, a lot of us use all the 100% sites e.g CBK, TCB, WPT, Getpoundsback because we find by putting the time in we make money on all the sites irrespective of whether or not their is a 5.00 annual fee due to the numerous no spends that are on the sites, Ive known WPT to have enhanced cashback deals that have made up for the 5.00 annual fee.

To get the A+L 50.00 Cashback from the Cashback Sites you merely have to have a new application accepted possibly subject to any conditions regarding previously having a A+L/Abbey Account within a previously set time scale.

To get the A+L 100.00 offer as well you have to switch the debits and possibly credits ( i havent read all the current terms because I did the switch deal in August) from your current account to A+L, you do not need to close your current account unless you wish to.

If you look in the banking sub-forum you will read people having bad experiences of switching, im one of those who had good experiences of switching albeit im not a fan of A+L online banking system, I would say its worth the inconvenience for 150.00 tax free in total. ;)

Here are my experiences :

Switched all my direct debits/standing orders/ One of my monthly income credits from Nationwide Account to A+L in August + , received both Cashback Site 50.00 and then subsequently A+L 100.00 in December, all switches went through smoothly. Upon receiving A+L 100.00 in December i applied for Abbey current account via 100.00 Abbey in branch switch offer and switched everything from my A+L account to the Abbey account. ( A+L account now closed which means in the future I may be able to do another A+L account opening + switch incentive. ) Switch to Abbey went smoothly as well. January 2009 I switched all my Direct debits/standing orders out of Abbey back to Nationwide partly due to Nationwide having a 75.00 switch offer on and partly due to fact that their are things about Abbey online banking I believed to be inferior to Nationwide. Again the switch went smoothly. I now have two current accounts with Nationwide so last week i used my most long standing account with the biggest overdraft limit which I believe is my main account to switch direct debits/standing orders + main income credit to Halifax for 50.00 selected branch current account switch offer. Im confident that switch will go smoothly as well. :beer:

Re: Clearing cookies before visiting each cashback site, a lot of use free http://www.ccleaner.com/
  • Queenieviolet
    Options
    Anyone used moneysaving cashback?
    1% challenge - £4018 - reduce by 100 payments of £41.
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    Anyone used moneysaving cashback?

Its a 50% version of Wepromiseto. ;)
  • kajman
    kajman Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just discovered Topcashback and it looks interesting. I already have accounts with a couple of the retailers they have on their site, Lovefilm and eBay. Now I am a member of Topcashback can I get cashback from these or does it only work if you are a new customer to these retailers?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure