House Moving

Options

Comments

• jaybee
    jaybee Posts: 1,555 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Best of luck for your move tomorrow. I hope you will have lots of help and that it will all go smoothly for you.
    :D
  • ginger_nuts
    Options
    be careful with keys on moving day .

I have moved several times ,I once locked myself out of a third floor flat on moving day .I was lucky the local council had a spare key to do repairs .

the second time I had all the keys left out for the new owners ,everything packed in the van then closed the front door leaving the keys inside .
    i had to break the lock on the front door .
    After you move make a list of everone who needs your new address .My last move was 7 years ago I still get post from the schools and hospital for the previous owners .
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    went to post office yesterday and have arranged for post to be redirected for 12 months, figure after that i should have notified everyone. been up since 4 stressing i'm going to have forgot something, so having peaceful half hour with computer before i pack it up and get started. will let you know how i get on sometime tomorrow.

• mini
    mini Posts: 833 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Something I read on here I think, when you move make up beds in your new home as soon as you can, otherwise you'll put it off and they wont be ready when you need them to fall into.

Hope it all goes smoothly for you

mini
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    all moved, did make up beds first, as figured sooner kids were in bed the better, totally exhausted, but got most things i need unpacked, and decided on a box a night from now on till everything is sorted. thanks for all you good wished and advice.
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thats why i'm only doing a box a night so i can come on here. is so addictive, can't do without my daily fix. Thanks for the pic too. ;D
  • jaybee
    jaybee Posts: 1,555 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done! I wish I had some your stamina :)

I wish you and your children much happiness and peace in your new home.

How did the cats cope with the move??? I always had problems with mine >:(
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    have kept/am keeping them in for a few days with litter tray, till they get settled, but they slept whilst travelling so wan't too bad.
  • AUSTIN_3
    Options
    can I suggest one of the most important thingsthat would cost you loads of money if forgotten..........change your home insurance-my friend did and she was broken in to and loads stolen-I don't want to say this to scare you but to make sure her mistake doesn't happen to you
    I'm a lady, I like ladies things
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thanks austin, i hadn't done that, am going to do it straight away this morning. can't believe i missed that. thank you, you are a star. :-* :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure