PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Anyone interested in a Remoska RECIPE ONLY topic?

Options

Comments

• foxy-tigger
    Options
    Hi there Peeps!:D:D

Have been looking for a few recipies online and have found these websites: Will you let me know if you try any recipies from them and what you think? I am going to try the bread one and Olive bread one from the first link straight away! Just what I have been looking for! :j

http://www.remoska.co.uk/RemoskaUserRecipes.htm#Homemadebread

http://ayearofremoska.blogspot.com/

Hope this helps anyone! I spent hours trawling the net the other night! he he! :o
  • cooking-mama
    cooking-mama Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    edited 21 September 2009 at 8:29PM
    Options
    chicken lattice pie :j
    I made this up as i went along today,
    3 chicken breasts,diced and covered in flour in a sandwich bag with a pinch of salt and black pepper,
    Broccoli florrettes,
    2 slices of bacon,
    chopped onion,
    chopped leek,
    vege stock cube.
    sliced mushrooms.
    1lb shortcrust pastry.

spray oil in a frying pan,saute the onions and leek,brown the chicken cubes,and bacon then add vegetable stock and simmer,
    whilst chicken etc is cooking on the hob,blind bake shortcrust pastry in the Remoska,add the broccoli and mushrooms to fry pan on hob,once the pastry case is cooked,transfer the cooked chicken mix into the pastry case,return to the remoska and lay crisscross strips of shortcrust pastry accross the top.(you could make a pastry lid,i only had enough pastry left to make a lattice top)bake in the remoska for aprox 20/25min until the pastry is cooked and serve.

mine went down a treat and family have asked if i could make this a regular..made it with reduced chicken breasts i had bought and frozen,tho i did defrost them overnight in the fridge.
    Slimming World..Wk1,..STS,..Wk2,..-2LB,..Wk3,..-3.5lb,..Wk4,..-2.5,..Wk5,..-1/2lb,Wk6,..STS,..Wk7,..-1lb.
    Week 10,total weightloss is now 13.5lbs Week 11 STSweek 14(I think)..-2, total loss now 1 stone exactly
    GOT TO TARGET..1/2lb under now weigh 10st 6.5(lost 1st 3.5lbs)
  • foxy-tigger
    Options
    chicken lattice pie :j

Oooh! that Sounds lovely Cooking-mama!:beer:
    I have done something similar with Campbel1s condensed mush soup and mushrooms..... not in the remoska tho I might add.....might try that tho. thanks for the recipe/idea's!!! ;)
    I love idea's!! :D:j
  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    OOh cooking mama your pie sounds lovely,
    i`m definitely putting that recipe on my list of ones to make :D thankyou!

DH`s favourite pie is sausage and onion.

I generally make two at once on enamel plates and they are really simple,

Grease the enamel plates and cover with shortcrust pastry, fill the middle part with raw sausagemeat (we prefer the lincolnshire sausage meat from Morrisons which is really tasty ) and some onions which have been sliced and sauteed in a little butter. I sprinkle a small amount of flour on the bottom layer of pastry so that the bottom isn`t soggy once cooked.
    Pop the pastry lid on and bake in the remmy, i put one in the bottom and one on the rack and swap them round halfway through so that they are both ready at the same time.

One will be eaten hot and one cut into portions and used cold in lunchboxes, this makes a fantastic cold pie and is actually better served cold in my opinion, have tried it with other sausagemeats but don`t think it`s half as nice.

SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
  • bunny_too
    Options
    tonight dinner turkey leg puff pastry parcels in remoska

baked 2 tesco turkey legs for 2 hours until very crispy.
    stripped the meat and skin off the bones removing the hard leg sinew bits iykwim. mixed some of the turkey meat and crispy skin with half a jar of hosin sauce, finley chopped onion and mixed in.
    rolled out puff pastry and made small triangle shaped pastie things. baked until golden. rest of meat in freezer to make curry later.
  • cooking-mama
    Options
    Chicken and rice

Add chicken fillet strips and chopped onion into remoska,
    whilst these are cooking,cook rice in microwave with a chciken stock cube in the rice water,
    once rice is cooked add to chicken and onion in remoska along with tin of garden peas(and probably any other "soft"veg you like)cook together for another 15min and serve.
    My girls ate it as it was,but OH added some curry sauce to his.
    Slimming World..Wk1,..STS,..Wk2,..-2LB,..Wk3,..-3.5lb,..Wk4,..-2.5,..Wk5,..-1/2lb,Wk6,..STS,..Wk7,..-1lb.
    Week 10,total weightloss is now 13.5lbs Week 11 STSweek 14(I think)..-2, total loss now 1 stone exactly
  • cooking-mama
    Options
    Baked a loaf in it today,copied the recipe from back of the Hovis flour packet.Then whizzed it all in the food processor.

1 Large White Loaf.
    500gm.superior strong premium white flour,
    25gm butter,
    1.1/4tsp salt,
    1.1/2tsp fast action yeast,
    300ml warm water,
    2 tsp sugar.

I didnt knead this at all(got sore hands)I whizzed it all in food processor(followed FP guidelines)Then left it to rise for 2hrs covered in greased clingfilm,Then whizzed it again in FP,left for another 30min till doubled in size.
    placed it in a siliconE loaf pan and baked in remoska for aprox 40mins,(pack said bake in oven for 30,but remoska needed a bit longer)
    Result a perfect soft white loaf with a crunchy outer crust:j
    ps,I did have to do the tinfoil with hole in thingy as the window portion wasnt cooking,I also turned it out the loaf tub upside down straight into the pan for last 5min
  • cooking-mama
    Options
    Took me a while to find this thread..ive a renewed interest in my Remoska(its been neglected since i bought a pressure cooker)..anyhow today im planning on making Bacon and sausage bake..this recipe is taken from the official remoska site...it may even be in the remoska recipe book,i cant remember,will post an update after dinner.

""Bacon and Sausage Bake
    Butter for Remoska and brushing top layer of potatoes
    500 g (1 lb) potatoes, peeled, cooked and sliced
    4 rashers streaky bacon, rinded and chopped
    1 onion, finely chopped
    225 g (8 oz) pork sausages, skinned and quartered
    2 eggs
    150 ml (5 fl oz) milk
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    Line the bottom of the buttered Remoska with half the potato slices. Mix together the bacon, onion and sausage pieces and place on top of the potato layer. Lightly beat the
    eggs with the milk, season and pour into the dish. Cover the top with the remaining potato slices, brush with butter. Bake approx 20 minutes ""
  • morganlefay
    morganlefay Posts: 1,220 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks cooking-mama, I had quite forgotten this thread (though NEVER my remoska !) and it's nice to be reminded as it has some good stuff on it. I am currently doing 2 huge rings of marrow sitting on a bed of onion and tinned chopped tomato, I have filled the marrow with 'spaghetti meat' mix with added herbs, garlic and tom puree. It smells very tasty, and I'll let you know how it tasted...
    PS That's in the 'Moska, of course....
  • cooking-mama
    Options
    Mixed reaction to the Bacon/sausage bake..I thought it was OK,youngest thought it was OK,eldest wouldnt eat it(too high fat for her liking)and O.H thought it was delicious.
    It also took a lot longer than 2omins,I think the recipe is for a standard remoska(i have a grand),i think if i do it again id try it with some spicy sausage.OH. now wants toad in the hole...never made that before,but i think its relatively easy in the Remoska.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure