Shifting this debt one £ at a time.

Options

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    We sold quite a bit this weekend, so I've had lots of packing to do today. Two sacks gone to the sorting office and a couple of parcels at the post office.

A couple more have paid since and I've got something going out later.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh jwil you're amazing. When I have anything duff like that I have a month off ebay. You're relentless. You might actually make more money on eBay than you would for working at this rate.
    Glad you are doing well with fly lady. Actually getting down to a level of clutter it gets worth it. Xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • jwil
    edited 11 October 2016 at 4:17PM
    Options
    Tantalising Tuesday ~ Masterful Master Bedroom & Loopy Landing
    Level One...

[STRIKE]Check fire alarms are working[/STRIKE]
    Remove and wash bed linen.
    Level Two...
    [STRIKE]Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs..[/STRIKE]
    Vacuum mattress before replacing with fresh linen.. do you need that winter duvet yet?
    [STRIKE]15 minutes floordrobe clearance [/STRIKE]
    Level Three...
    [STRIKE]Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing[/STRIKE]
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed
    Clear a hotspot., or spend 15 minutes clearing one.
    Extra tasks list:
    27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    Put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. don’t store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!!
    Clean windows in these rooms
    Check house for places where draughts are getting in.. doors, windows etc and see if there are ways to stop it!
    Clean out that airing cupboard!!!!!! get rid of those things you don't need.. use dead towels as cleaning cloths etc.. be ruthless!!!! you REALLY don't need that 'thing' you've saved for 10 years.. 'just in case'
  • jwil
    Options
    Kitten868 wrote: »
    Oh jwil you're amazing. When I have anything duff like that I have a month off ebay. You're relentless. You might actually make more money on eBay than you would for working at this rate.
    Glad you are doing well with fly lady. Actually getting down to a level of clutter it gets worth it. Xxx

Thank you :) It makes me want to stop, but I can't! Most of my stuff is only low value so although I've got lots, it's not enough to give up work ;)

Because there's so much clutter I don't do enough cleaning as it's too much like hard work. I'm hoping this will motivate me a bit more!
  • jwil
    Options
    Today's payments:

1.[STRIKE]£3000[/STRIKE] - £2854M1790
    2.[STRIKE]£200[/STRIKE] - £155MCA
    3.[STRIKE]£526[/STRIKE] -£385 TDBC133
    4.[STRIKE]£400[/STRIKE] -£390 WW
    5.[STRIKE]£160[/STRIKE] -£150 EO

Total: [STRIKE]£4286[/STRIKE] - £3934
  • jwil
    Options
    Just updated my flylady tasks, not done too much :D
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh exactly. The more I decluttered the easier the cleaning seemed. And the more worthwhile it was too. However moving out I realised I have not decluttered anywhere near enough. Nothing of mine is high value either. I know of someone who buys in charity shops and sells on ebay. I can't see how they do it as a career.
    Keep it up :) x
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • jwil
    edited 12 October 2016 at 1:38PM
    Options
    Magical Monday - Barnacled Bathroom and Sociable Study/Pc Area
    Level One...
    [STRIKE]Clean floors in these rooms (even if it is around the clutter)[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Throw away all those empty bottles of shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, hairspray etc. I know they make the room look pretty but they are just cluttering up the place..!![/STRIKE]
    Level Two...
    [STRIKE]Clean baths, toilets and sinks[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Remove and bin all those slivers of soap that you have been saving, do you really need them?[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Clear any clutter from desk[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Dust PC and desk and wipe off those cup rings!![/STRIKE]
    Wipe keyboard, house phone, sockets, switches and mouse etc
    Level Three...
    Clear clutter from floor
    Wipe down tiles in bathroom.. [STRIKE]defragment the pc while doing this (programs.. accessories..system tools.. defragment!.).. if you do the disc cleanup as well, clear all the cookies and temporary files too[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Delete 10 links in your favourites which you no longer use or are dead![/STRIKE]
    Clean shower screen/curtain if you have one/if required
    [STRIKE]Clean/wash the brushes/dust box/filters on the vacuum cleaner!!!! .. make sure they are completely dry before using it though.. I don’t want anyone electrocuted!![/STRIKE]
    Change hand towels and flannels
    Extra mission:
    Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms
    Wash your bathroom mats, nets, clean blind/curtains etc
    Grab a binbag and fill it with stuff to leave the house.. rubbish or charity shop or to donate to a friend!
    Clean the radiators in these rooms
    Pull out the pc and desk and clear under and behind it.. how much money did you find? Clean windows, hang up clean nets and draught-proof curtains and any table cloths/throws or other dust and grot gathering bits of fabric!
    Wipe sticky and dirty marks off the walls and doors

Level One...

Level Two...
    Vacuum mattress before replacing with fresh linen.. do you need that winter duvet yet?
    Level Three...
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed
    Extra tasks list:
    27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    Put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. don’t store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!!
    Check house for places where draughts are getting in.. doors, windows etc and see if there are ways to stop it!
    Clean out that airing cupboard!!!!!! get rid of those things you don't need.. use dead towels as cleaning cloths etc.. be ruthless!!!! you REALLY don't need that 'thing' you've saved for 10 years.. 'just in case'

Wishful Wednesday ~ those frightening kids rooms and spare rooms
    Level One...

[STRIKE]Vacuum the floor, even if it's just where you can see[/STRIKE]
    Level Two...
    Clear away anything that isn't in it's place, clothes, toys, books etc
    Dusting.. all those shelves and flat fluffy surfaces!! Don’t forget the light shade and curtain pole!!!
    Level Three..
    Strip beds and replace with fresh linen .. check if duvets need freshening up too!!
    Sort through a cupboard/chest of drawers and get the clothes out which are no longer wearable, too small or out of season!
    Wipe any sticky marks off walls and doors
    Extra task list
    Wash a set of curtains, nets, duvet or throw
    Time for the Flylady Fling, in the toy box!!!! aim for 27.. if no toy box you’ll have to choose another area!
    30 minutes ironing
    Pull out the beds, furniture and clean all behind them.. the skirtings and light fittings and everything.. get rid of all the things that are no longer required!
  • jwil
    Options
    Magical Monday - Barnacled Bathroom and Sociable Study/Pc Area
    Level One...
    [STRIKE]Clean floors in these rooms (even if it is around the clutter)[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Throw away all those empty bottles of shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, hairspray etc. I know they make the room look pretty but they are just cluttering up the place..!![/STRIKE]
    Level Two...
    [STRIKE]Clean baths, toilets and sinks[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Remove and bin all those slivers of soap that you have been saving, do you really need them?[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Clear any clutter from desk[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Dust PC and desk and wipe off those cup rings!![/STRIKE]
    Wipe keyboard, house phone, sockets, switches and mouse etc
    Level Three...
    Clear clutter from floor
    Wipe down tiles in bathroom.. [STRIKE]defragment the pc while doing this (programs.. accessories..system tools.. defragment!.).. if you do the disc cleanup as well, clear all the cookies and temporary files too[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Delete 10 links in your favourites which you no longer use or are dead![/STRIKE]
    Clean shower screen/curtain if you have one/if required
    [STRIKE]Clean/wash the brushes/dust box/filters on the vacuum cleaner!!!! .. make sure they are completely dry before using it though.. I don’t want anyone electrocuted!![/STRIKE]
    Change hand towels and flannels
    Extra mission:
    Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms
    Wash your bathroom mats, nets, clean blind/curtains etc
    Grab a binbag and fill it with stuff to leave the house.. rubbish or charity shop or to donate to a friend!
    Clean the radiators in these rooms
    Pull out the pc and desk and clear under and behind it.. how much money did you find? Clean windows, hang up clean nets and draught-proof curtains and any table cloths/throws or other dust and grot gathering bits of fabric!
    Wipe sticky and dirty marks off the walls and doors

Level One...

Level Two...
    Level Three...
    Extra tasks list:

Wishful Wednesday ~ those frightening kids rooms and spare rooms
    Level One...

[STRIKE]Vacuum the floor, even if it's just where you can see[/STRIKE]
    Level Two...
    Clear away anything that isn't in it's place, clothes, toys, books etc
    Dusting.. all those shelves and flat fluffy surfaces!! Don’t forget the light shade and curtain pole!!!
    Level Three..
    [STRIKE]Strip beds and replace with fresh linen .. check if duvets need freshening up too!![/STRIKE]
    Sort through a cupboard/chest of drawers and get the clothes out which are no longer wearable, too small or out of season!
    Wipe any sticky marks off walls and doors
    Extra task list
    Wash a set of curtains, nets, duvet or throw
    Time for the Flylady Fling, in the toy box!!!! aim for 27.. if no toy box you’ll have to choose another area!
    30 minutes ironing
    Pull out the beds, furniture and clean all behind them.. the skirtings and light fittings and everything.. get rid of all the things that are no longer required!

Tantalising Thursday ~ Kooking Kitchen and Dancing Dining Room
    Level One...

Clean floors
    Level Two...
    Clear and wipe kitchen surfaces
    Sort fridge bringing what needs using soon to the front, clean out any spills or grots in there!
    Wipe dining table.. (clean table cloth if necessary)
    Level Three...
    Dust any extra furniture in dining area, checking for cobwebs on way round
    Wipe and replace all those small appliances.. kettle, toaster etc
    Descale kettle and iron
    Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances .. don't forget those kick boards..
    Check those washing machine filters and drawers for ickiness!! Tumble dryer and dishwasher filters need to be done too!!
    Extra Mission...
    Wipe window sills and clean windows in these rooms
    Wipe down any tiles and shine those taps.. a toothbrush is great for cleaning away the gunk!
    Clean oven if you didn't do it last week
    30 minutes ironing.
    Get in that food cupboard. Give it all a GOOD scrub out before placing the things you need to use soon at the front. Check dates and freshness on older things, and See if you can incorporate these into next weeks meal plan! Feel free to get carried away and do more cupboards!!!
  • jwil
    Options
    Kitten868 wrote: »
    Oh exactly. The more I decluttered the easier the cleaning seemed. And the more worthwhile it was too. However moving out I realised I have not decluttered anywhere near enough. Nothing of mine is high value either. I know of someone who buys in charity shops and sells on ebay. I can't see how they do it as a career.
    Keep it up :) x

Grr replied and it lost it!

I can't wait to have a clearer house, it will make life so much easier. I've got a long wait though trying to get DH on board :mad:

I don't think I could manage buying from charity shops and selling on ebay, they seem to be quite expensive around here! I do think sometimes about doing it from car boot sales as we go to them anyway, but you've got to know what you are doing and I can't face bringing more stuff into the house!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport