HSBC PPI Claim - No answer after 12 weeks and I'm confused

Hi All

I wonder if you could help, as my conversation with HSBC today has left me totally confused

I submitted a PPI claim on 1st November 2017. This is an historical claim dating back to 1998. I no longer bank with them. I provided evidence of a bank statement which showed the loan payment going into my account and, helpfully, the amount of PPI paid which was front loaded. I also had a copy of my contract from the time to support my misselling claim as i was entitled to 6 months full sick pay, 6 months half pay and 1 1/2 weeks redundancy per year of service ( being a civil servant i am a good record keeper!)

I received an acknowledgement letter dated 9th November and thought nothing more. As we got past the 8 weeks stage i called HSBC in late December and they said it was being processed.

Yesterday i got another identical acknowledgement letter dated 4th January saying thanks for your claim , its with the PPI team and it will take up to 8 weeks etc etc. I called today to query what was happening and was told that when i called up to query progress this resets the clock and new case has been started and i am to expect another 8 weeks to hear from them. He also said that HSBC have tried to call me which is horse plop as i have no missed calls on my mobile. To be honest i didn't have much faith in the agent i spoke to and he wouldn't give me any contact details for the PPI team.

Has this happend to any one else

I am getting increasingly frustrated

Surely he is wrong and should i not at least have received an update letter from them saying we need more time to investigate ? Does any one have a number or email that i can use to speak to some one sensible?

thanks in advance for your help

Comments

• Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. This was the number i used which is the general HSBC customer services number, I was just wondering if any one had a sneaky way in to speak to the PPI team themselves
  • sun73
    sun73 Posts: 498 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 January 2018 at 2:04PM
    (Text removed by MSE Forum Team)

This is the contact name supplied for complaints at HSBC on the FCA register. It's probably someone quite senior at the bank. Make sure you provide the complaint reference number, best of luck.
  • I contacted HSBC today regarding a PPI problem, I found them very helpful.
    I phoned the number you stated but it seemed to be for their current customers only.

I used 03451 602 3793. dont know if I spoke to the same helpdesk as you did.
    They seemed to know what they were on about and have assisted with my problem.

Worth a try.
  • They are continuously stalling for time and putting obstacles in your way I find.

I confirmed my final PPI amount with them and signed the acceptance slip. That was 6 weeks ago- their letter stated it would be repaid in 4. I'm still waiting.

The worst bank I have ever had dealing with! :(
  • They are very inconsistent with dealing with PPI. My claim was dealt within 8 weeks spot on from submitting through resolver, offer arrived and paid in 3 weeks.
    My wife did exactly same way, she got a later confirming they got her claim (after 3 weeks from submitting claim) and 8 weeks starts from date on the letter.
    Still waiting for final decision on hers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport