Need not Want.

Options

Comments

• 365days
    365days Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    Options
    Katzen wrote: »
    I've done as I was told and started building listings ready to go on tonight but it appears to be about to charge me a fee- anyone know why??

Not an expert but may be; Free listing are usually only for things starting at 99p (I think)
    Also if your items have fallen into 2 catagories then you will ahve to pay a fee fro the extra catagory (but you can delete it)

Hope that makes sense...and is right!!
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • 365days
    365days Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    Options
    elly68 wrote: »
    hi all want your opinion on holidays need or want ,we view them as need but this year kids are off to florida with grandparents so........ have to say oh works hard and is usually enthusiastic re booking but this year seems hesitant so dont know ,think he is still thinking about selling caravan to pay for sunshine .

Tricky one. For me it would depend on a few things. When was the last time I went on holiday, was my DS going to get a holiday with Gran etc, how many things I had planned to do around the house (decorating etc)

How about a weekend away while the kids are in Florida? My brain is saying somewhere luxurious and swanky.........which is against the whole need v want thing entirely!!
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • minicooper272
    Options
    I think time off is a need, but agree, going away is a bit of a want! Sometimes, you can do really well with just a long weekend, but it's terribly expensive in the UK!

I bought some paracetemol today at work, because I forgot to take my painkiller this morning, but that was it.

I've reached the point in the month where I feel a bit less panicked when I see my bank balance (I panic when my bank balance gets below half a months pay though), and reckon I can make it to pay day safely. Obviously as long as I don't go nuts and buy a lot of wants at the weekend!
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    Options
    A change is as good as a rest ;) Even if it's not somewhere 'nice' (i.e. by the sea or London) two nights in a travelodge could be under £40 exc meals (take vouchers/picnic ;) ) if booked early enough.

Personally I'd try & go away (got the same decision about March when hubby needs to use up his annual leave :) ) but then I've virtually been house-bound after 6pm due to a non-sleeping toddler for 15 months so I'm a bit cabin-fevered :o
  • elly68
    elly68 Posts: 2,531 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    we have a touring caravan which is paid for ,our problem is we usually go first 2 weeks in july as england is cheap as kids still at school as in 300 for a 2 week break ,we are very good on holiday and tend to stick to a budget and eat in the van so spends there pretty much same as home slightly more cooked breakfast as its more of a brunch ,but this year because of change of dates its coming in closer to 700 i suggested closer to home but oh goes in search of southern sun we went all the way to devon last year and got very wet lol .i think his dilly dallying is because we went to malta for a week october and i have to say his sad is only just kicking in ,but i want to debt bust where he wants to debt manage lol i have some thinking to do but it might be the case that our much loved tourer goes and we pay for sunshine and clear some debt life is never simple lol
    So finally debt free and it feels amazing however continuing here to stay debt free.Next declutter house and body and finally swim under that waterfall x
  • FireWyrm
    FireWyrm Posts: 6,557 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Katzen wrote: »
    I've done as I was told and started building listings ready to go on tonight but it appears to be about to charge me a fee- anyone know why??

Oh sorry. Yes, I just checked the terms. It's for items starting at 99p only. I've listed my Ipad at a 99p start and it was free.
    Debt Free! Long road, but we did it
    Meet my best friend : YNAB (you need a budget)
    My other best friend is a filofax.
    Do or do not, there is no try....Yoda.

[/COLOR]
  • Skint_but_Optimistic
    Options
    There could be a free listing weekend this week for higher starting prices.

100 items at 99p is a rolling deal.

Needs not wants, well im making logs out of paper and foraging for sticks in the woods. I reckon I am saving a bit!
    Trying to shift that debt!
  • leictina
    leictina Posts: 297 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hi all

Having "wanted" some new walking shoes for a while they are becoming a "need" as my old ones have started to split.

I will have to start saving and searching for a bargain - the pair i am wearing (through!) now only cost me £20 nearly a year ago and i have been walking to work quite a bit....been getting slightly damp feet this week......
    LBM @ 01.01.12 TOTAL DEBT = £13301.77. LH number 320
    POAMAYC in 2013 #1 : £54.53/£10159.90
    1% challenge - 7% paid off.
    DFD @ 31.07.13 is April 2017 (45 months to go!)
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    leictina wrote: »
    Hi all

Having "wanted" some new walking shoes for a while they are becoming a "need" as my old ones have started to split.

I will have to start saving and searching for a bargain - the pair i am wearing (through!) now only cost me £20 nearly a year ago and i have been walking to work quite a bit....been getting slightly damp feet this week......

Can you only walk to work on dry days, and cycle on wet days? They might last a bit longer. :rotfl:

Try car boot sales and charity shops, it's where I get all my boots from. £2.50 - £4.00. Bargain.
    Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • Katzen
    Katzen Posts: 535 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    My Sister is making her wellies last a bit longer by putting her foot inside a carrier bag before it goes in the boot- though this might be taking things a smidge too far :rotfl:
    Mortgage Outstanding Nov '16 £142,772.75
    Mortgage Additional OPs 2017 Target £4522.80/ Actual £865.00
    GC Feb 0/£200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills