PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Have you put the central heating on yet?

Options

Comments

• quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm pretty sure my neighbours have their heat on, it's really warm in my living room today but not outside so I think the heat is coming threw. She feels the cold tho as she's in remission and has had chemo.

The price of heating oil is going up so I'm hoping to fill my tank at the end of sep. I will pop it on that day to get it well bleed threw but I'll be holding off until then.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Aiming for 1st Nov earliest for CH but won't exclude using the woodstove before if it gets cold.
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • YorksLass
    YorksLass Posts: 1,720 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Not entirely, but we have had it on for 30 mins or so some evenings - it gets cold up here in Yorkshire! :D OK during the day when we're moving about but come evenings it's definitely chilly, even after putting on extra layers and using throws. Doesn't help that our property has concrete floors downstairs as well as concrete slab-type walls. I can't remember when we last had to put the heating on so early in the year.

Autumn seems to be coming early this year with some of the leaves on the trees already showing signs of turning colour.

Will be looking for a new fixed price fuel plan next week as our current one finishes at the end of the month. Not expecting to find anything cheaper than we already have :( but, on the plus side, we should be due for a rebate of around £120. :):):)
    Be kind to others and to yourself too.
  • cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    Options
    No heating on as yet but the thoughts are there, won't be long before need it on to help dry the clothes

Fleece banket on bottom of bed already, I'm another one who has achy joints if they get cold.
    Still got summer quilt on bed but went to bed wearing fleece PJ bottoms last night
    High winds here so only got a couple of windows open on latch but all have vents open on them.
    Bought lovely fleece socks yesterday, pink and white ones :)
    Progressed to wearing dressing gown most of the time.
  • Mine is always on. But come November 4th I'm turning it down. Because I'm going to. He Big Apple. ��
  • Living_proof
    Options
    I have worn bedsocks for the last two nights and it's simply not comfortable so I think mine might just go on tonight. Electric blanket will go on at the next change of bedding and maybe the winter duvet for the first time in several years.
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I think one can start to feel the cold more as one gets older and becomes slightly less active. Heating winter tested for half an hour the other morning but aiming for 1st October hopefully. Before that it will be thermal vests and my favourite body warmer which is very effective. Getting up during the evening several times and pacing up and down the room for a few minutes instead of remaining permanently seated in an armchair also gets the circulation going. Apparently wearing a woollen hat indoors also helps to keep the body well insulated.
  • Linda32
    Linda32 Posts: 4,385 Forumite
    Options
    I've turned our radiator thermostats up, so if the temperature in the house goes below 18 degrees which we find comfortable then the heating will come on.
  • BrassicWoman
    Options
    No, but I just ordered a timer for the bathroom panel heater, because the winter mornings are VERY cold!
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • Living_proof
    Options
    My mother as a widow would keep her house just above freezing during the winder in order to save money to go on a foreign holiday once a year. Complete madness. I would rather go hungry than cold, but I have no intention of doing either!
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family