Anyone took 'Help Link' boiler deal?

Options

Comments

• realadele
    Options
    Any one looking at using HELP LINK for a new boiler PLEASE PLEASE stay clear. The workmen admitted they do not get any extra training for making good plastering, walls, ceilings, roofing.
    We had our boiler moved down stairs by help link. Wish we had gone with another company. The ceiling in the hall is ruined. The rain comes through the roof and has ruined furniture. i could go on and on with problems. They do not return calls to us so we can get the leak fixed. I am very upset with what they have done to my HOME. Please do not use HELP LINK. They are the worst company iv ever dealt with.
  • aaronreay79
    Options
    help-link more like help yourself link stay well clear I had work don't by them and had another plumber check there work out and they condemned the system right away they put the boiler directly on top of plugs in the kitchen even put there own electrics right under the boiler less the one inch then stole out my house I called customer support who didn't want to know about any of it called the police who logged the incident and Transco disconnected the boiler its all still on going help-link said "we can not do anything to your boiler to make it right until the police investigation in to missing property had completed so I am now left with no heating or hot water 16 days so far still nothing they haven't even come too see check the work I would avoid at all costs
  • fishybusiness
    fishybusiness Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    Options
    Help Link installed a new oil fired boiler system in our house, 8 radiators, external boiler etc etc.

Plumber was great, system works just fine, they were tidy, careful and on time every day.

The system has been inspected since installation, and no problems found.

Just wanted to balance the debate.
  • Tomprince
    Options
    I work for help link and I've read some comments on here and it's hard to believe! Every job I've done for them the customer has been more than happy, and the company seems really strict on bad workmanship, if they do employ a bad engineer I can't see them lasting very long! We fit the best boilers on the market and use the best controls and fittings, so anyone who is thinking about using help link I would really recommend using them (plus it keeps me in a job longer)!! It's a good that if someone wants a boiler but hasn't got the money for it the £17 a month deal is great plus it's guaranteed for 10 years! Your going get self employed lads out there who say bad things about help link because help link get all the work and can't compete against them. I can only write what I've seen and I'm more than happy working for them because there a very good company.
  • Pastie45
    Options
    I have just contacted Helplink regarding a replacement gas boiler as ours has broken down. Having seen the advert on tv thought I would give them a call.
    Firstly I was asked if I wanted to pay for the boiler by monthly payments to which I replied I did. I was then told that I would only be considered for credit if my credit score was 900 or above.
    Knowing that my score was less than 800 having recently check it went on to argue that I have a good credit history with no missed payments. But to no avail I was told that Barcleys wound not consider me with my score. Which is wrong because I have recently passed a credit check for Barcleys.
    The other alternative was to pay up front for the new boiler which could be anywhere from £1700 upwards depending upon the boiler size. which I thought was a rip off.
  • Doghousebob
    Options
    We also had Help Link fit a boiler in the mother-in-laws house last year, and some of you may find our experiences worth reading.

Firstly, how can anyone get a boiler for as little as they quote in the advert? We couldn't, even if we chose their cheapest option.

Anyway, the fitting went ahead with no real concerns, the lads who did the job were self employed and contracted to them, and we had a couple of problems over the next few months which were quickly resolved, even though one of them was just down to a bit of the in-laws senile meddling! It wasn't the prettiest install, but as they said, they were plumbers and not trained plasterers/decorators.

After a year I had to arrange the annual service. This is either £75 or £55, depending on if you choose to take out their monthly insurance. I don't have the quotation to hand, but it made a mockery of the advert where he says why pay for boiler insurance, when you can have a brand new boiler for £17 a month. I really think this is misleading and perhaps Anne Robinson should do some digging ;) < that's her winking now....

As the insurance offered cover on the rest of the system, I asked to have the paperwork left for me when he did the service and paid the £55. He never left the paperwork.

We then had a bit of a windfall, which I was going to use to get a new bike, but the wife said I could use to pay some off the boiler when the statement came through.

Now the loan was through Barclays, we had to get a loan as we didn't have the money, the old boiler had packed-in (again) and the old-dear was freezing, and Help Link could get the new boiler in within a day or two. But, and it's a big but, the interest is added to the loan amount and you pay the same regardless, so by paying £1500 off the outstanding balance would be of no benefit other than to reduce the number of years we were paying, we would still be paying it for another 5 years (and we pay £33.11 a month). I was under the impression that I could pay lump sums off as I had asked the salesman the question, but at no point do I recall being told I would still pay the same amount as I would making the monthly minimum payments. Barclays have said that they would return the payment if I wanted them to, but that I'd have to take it up with Help Link if I wasn't happy, which I'm not. :mad:
  • EP101
    EP101 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    I had a boiler fitted by Helplink 4 months ago. Firstly they fitted a boiler that was not fit for purpose and wasn't suitable for the size of my home but that was just the start of the problems. They broke my kitchen tiles, left me with a hole through the kitchen wall to outside, cut a large hole in the kitchen ceiling and just left it (it still hasn't been fixed), smashed my bath panel, pulled up all of my loft insulation and just left it, soaked the upstairs carpet, failed to seal up the pipework and flu....the list just goes on and on.

I am still trying to get them to fix all of the problems. Trading Standards are now involved but they are still failing to sort it out. Next step is to get solicitors involved. All in all I would've been better off with my old obsolete boiler!

My advice is to stay well clear of this company unless you want endless hassle. Its also worth mentioning that the £17 is a load of rubbish....I'm tied into paying £40 per month for the next 10 years!!! :-(
  • silkyuk9
    silkyuk9 Posts: 2,815 Forumite
    Options
    Tomprince wrote: »
    I work for help link and I've read some comments on here and it's hard to believe! Every job I've done for them the customer has been more than happy, and the company seems really strict on bad workmanship, if they do employ a bad engineer I can't see them lasting very long! We fit the best boilers on the market and use the best controls and fittings, so anyone who is thinking about using help link I would really recommend using them (plus it keeps me in a job longer)!! It's a good that if someone wants a boiler but hasn't got the money for it the £17 a month deal is great plus it's guaranteed for 10 years! Your going get self employed lads out there who say bad things about help link because help link get all the work and can't compete against them. I can only write what I've seen and I'm more than happy working for them because there a very good company.

How can you be suprised with the replies on here? This is where people come for honest advise. Its quite scary all the bad reviews.
    All the big powers they've silenced me. So much for free speech and choice on this fundamental human right, and outing the liars.
  • fizzypo
    Options
    Has anyone received a "new" boiler from help link, who is in receipt of any of the benefits listed, ie: pension credits ect ?
    Most importantly, has anyone received the new boiler and had it completely installed without paying a penny ?

The man who came to see me said we would receive a new boiler free, but could not say weather there would be other charges from the contractors who were going to fit it. For example £450 was mentioned for scaffolding, but he was not sure. Very vague.
  • hattonlufc
    Options
    They don't employ anyone direct and only use sub contractors which they tell people there direct labour.

you'll never get a boiler for £17 a month unless you put a £500 deposit and pay £1000 over 10 years.

the 10 year warranty is not worth the paper it written on the customer service is so poor if you got a problem they fob you off stay well clear and use your local plumber.

FOB you off! That is the key issue with Help-Link..bandits..some 3 months later and the customer service has been the worse in my entire life..over paid for work not needed and still waiting for this promised cheque..avoid.:mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure