Debt-Free wanna be vs Maternity pay. Determined to stay on track.

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hiya. Your credit scores will catch up in time. The main thing is you are doing everything right now, and being money wise.
    Hope you are feeling OK.

Husky runner - hope your issues with your neighbours improves.

xRamble
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Afternoon, Home from soft play and got my feet up with a brew while DS naps. Few spends to record. Popped to next to swap DS2's going home outfit for the next size up as I ordered first size and I think it'll be too small so got up to 1 month. Then popped to pound land and spent £3 drink for me and DS, a bath toy for DS and some new sink brushes for me whoop whoop! I was feeling a bit hungry so went to Greg's and grabbed cheese straws and a donut (which I've just enjoyed) Then soft play and lunch was £13.40 so total spend today £18.40 a couple of £'s left in my purse which will go in the hospital bag later then £15 left in the bank pocket money this week. No plans for spends the rest of the week but we shall see what pops up.

X
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Quick pop in. NSD DS was a bit poorly this morning so we didn't go to the childrens centre in the end. He seemed better this afternoon so hopefully he'll start shifting his cough soon.

DP has to go to ford tomorrow to have a chat with one of the managers. His friends said it's not an interview but were all little confused as to what will come from it. Thinking we may go for lunch after. We'll see how DS is. DS is so clingy to me at the moment I think as I've been off work a while now where as before DP would look after him 4 days a week while I worked. It's sad to see him like it as he used to be such a daddy's boy which I didn't mind after a year of breastfeeding it was great to see him needing his dad too. I keep sneaking off when DP is in to iron or cook but he always chases me and has a tantrum when DP tries to get him away to play. Thinking of seeing if DP will take him out Friday morning so I can have some time I sort bits around the house and they can have some quality time together. It's so hard getting bits done round the house with him following me. Then by nap time I'm always too tired and need a rest. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Afternoon, quick check in before I try and nap....don't think it'll happen though.

DP got the job whoop! They have said he can pick a start date that suits him so he will work the next two weeks at his current job have his mat leave then were thinking another week then start. Three weeks to adjust to having a toddler and a baby. I think that'll be enough for me. Hopefully DS is early or on time. So happy DP will finally be on a decent wage and I won't have to be full time to make ends meet. He will have a set pattern and routine which we have never had as both work shifts. He will get a company car so we will save £60 tax and insurance a month plus we currently save £20 a month per car for MOT and repairs I will probably keep this up for a whole to build up the car fund. We will sell one car not worth much though as we've had it years £600-£800 if were luck this will cover the gap from him going from fortnightly pay too monthly. We may need to dip into saving the first month or so as it's a commission based job and he'll need to learn and get experience but once the ball is rolling he should hopefully earn what we need him to easily and any extra we can save!!!

We were going to go for lunch today but I was having an emotional morning. Awful nights sleep last night topped off with DS getting up at half 5 broke me a little. DP is off tomorrow so hopefully I can have a lie in then go for lunch tomorrow. His treat as he has pocket money left :0).

Tesco shop coming this afternoon I went for the big shop in the end £100 but this will stick cupboards and freezer fully. The next month or so we will only need fresh fruit,veg,milk,meat and bread. I'm going to pop to the local warehouse store and stock up on loo roll and wash powder so that's all nice and stocked for babies arrival too.

Right time to try and nap xx
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Evening,

Finally had a decent sleep last night so I'm feeling like a new woman today!

Went for lunch DP paid we've agreed no more exsoense lunch out now as things are going to be right with the transition of the new job. We need to just keep as much money available for essentials. We have some tesco vouchers saved so will used them for restaurant vouchers for a celebratory meal out as a family when we register baby. The aim of the next few months is to spend as little of the savings as possible I'm gutted we will have to use them but it's all just to cover the two week gap DP will be waiting on being paid and his first months salary not having any commission. Also his pat pay is awful £137 a week I think!!! How they expect anyone to live off that I do not know. I know we are lucky to get anything but jez. He is going to try get a few more hours in here and there over the next two week but that's not so easy when I'm shattered and just want him home to help. Come Jan we should see a massive change in his pay.

Few more jobs off he list today. Shed all cleared we can not order out wood for winter. More spends but it's needed.

I spent £22 of my pocket money today on petrol and a car wash. I'll just crop the next two weeks down to £40 I'm pretty inactive at the moment anyway. The food and petrol account is empty after my massive tesco shop. DP gets paid next Thursday so will too it back up then. I need to start recording this account really and make sure a) I've budgeted enough/not to much and b) we stick to it.

As soon as DP is on pat leave we can get the car up for sale. It's Mot is due December so that's a pain as ideally would be better to advertise with a full year but don't want to risk putting in it to cost a fortune. It's hard to know what to do for the best. There is a fault light that keeps coming on but we know it's just a loose connection. I've messaged a friend from work who said he can look at it for me but is a bit busy at the moment so I'll try message him again next week and see if I can pop round.

I've arranged to see my sister tomorrow. It's a 45 min drive which I don't fancy but I also don't fancy going out on a day with DS I'm just to big to chase him now. Also I have £0 money so I've offered to drive over. She is now a week and a half over due so even though I'm 38 weeks pregnant and shouldn't really do a big drive im less pregnant than her :rotfl:

X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Quick pop on before I drive to my sisters. Getting urges to stop at shops on the way. I don't need anything so thought if I pop on here and say I will have a NSD it might help!!! Wish me luck.
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good luck! I hope the drive isn't too uncomfortable for you.
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Home and having a chill on the sofa. NSD whoop! So happy I was trying to find all silly excuses to spend money but didn't.

Slow cook has been on all day with a stew I'll just throw dumplings in soon then cook up sausages when DP leaves work. Can't put them in the slow cooker as I'll have vegi ones and DP and DS with have real ones.

Very uncomfortable drive back DS decided to wriggle all the way home and he feels huge. Just resting a little then I'll bounce a bit before I finish dinner. 38 weeks tomorrow! My poor sis is nearly two weeks over due now she's a bit feed up. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Congratulations to your DP on his new job!
    Fab news.
    Glad you are OK and babe is cooking nicely. Hope time is not dragging too much xx
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Hey Ramble, thanks for checking in not too feed up yet. My poor sis is now 12 days overdue she is really feed up!

Football this morning my mum came as DP was working. I've decided to cancel this for a while he's still to little I feel. I would have to take him and NDS every other week when DP was working and DS1 just needs too much help it would be a nightmare. A lot of the things they ask him to do he hasn't a clue what they are on about and he just runs around the hall for the hour. Maybe start it up again in a few more months or hopefully the toddler gym classes were on the waiting list for free up and he gets on with them better. We went for lunch after football with my mum but I was feeling off food and only wanted soup so my mum paid for it all so a NSD today whoop!

I called to see about upgrading my phone I have 16g memory and it's sooo full I wanted more for when baby's here. I knew I couldn't officially upgrade until early next year but thought is try my luck. Got a nice girl who when I said I wanted more storage for baby photos said I'll sort you out. So free early upgrade next phone model up and twice the memory and I save £4 a month on my bill. The ohone should be here Tuesday so hopefully I'll have time to move everything over. DP will have this phone as his isn't to good as we can sell his for £40 odd it said on the cash your phone site but I may check eBay to see what they are selling for.

Doubled the payment into DS's ISA as DS2 is due this month so should really start putting away for him now too. We will combine all their money and split it when they are older. determined they will have a better start financially than we did!

Best go sort dinner. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income