Options
2»

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mersey wrote: »
    This is rare, although it did happen by mistake on some of the old Arcadia Group stores, which Santander are now dealing with.

How would that work? If it didn't mention the PPI charge then the balance wouldn't match the charges
  • Mersey_2
    Mersey_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    Options
    Exactly, It didn't. I think the FOS mentioned it last year (after finding a case - but Santander said it was a very limited error, but didn't specify to how many of Burton & TopShop's historic accounts).
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
  • Nasqueron
    Options
    Mersey wrote: »
    Exactly, It didn't. I think the FOS mentioned it last year (after finding a case - but Santander said it was a very limited error, but didn't specify to how many of Burton & TopShop's historic accounts).

So can you link to the FOS case in question?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    FOS only publish ombudsman decisions. Not adjudicator ones. So, it may not be available.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • gramochroi
    Options
    So what would they base the calculation of their redress on?
  • gramochroi
    Options
    It appears they are offering me about £1.25 per month over fifteen years.
  • Mersey_2
    Mersey_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    Options
    That plus 8% pa interest on top.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
  • gramochroi
    Options
    Yes, plus compensation, don't want to be greedy, just seems a very low monthly calculation.
  • Nasqueron
    Options
    gramochroi wrote: »
    Yes, plus compensation, don't want to be greedy, just seems a very low monthly calculation.

PPI was typically around 70p per £100 of balance, £1.25 might suggest you had around £180 balance on the card on average - unless you have documentation showing you had significantly more on the card every month you will have to accept their offer
  • gramochroi
    Options
    Thank you, Nasqueron, you're actually almost spot on with your calculation. Will now happily accept their offer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure