13 unit wren kitchen cost to fit?

Options
2»

Comments

• cddc
    cddc Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Most people inside the kitchen industry have a very low opinion of Wren, their sales tactics, and their levels of customer service when things go wrong. And they do. Regularly. Hence the advice to look elsewhere.

That said, if you get what you pay for, without faults or damages, and the plan fits, what you get for your money is generally fair, provided you bought on the right offer that is. For your sake I hope all goes well as it sometimes does.

Is the fitting cost high? Yes of course it is, but you are using a company backed fitting service. There is a fair amount of work there though, and though you would almost certainly save money by using a local tradesman, it might not be as much as you are hoping. I reckon, depending on where in the country you are, you could get that done for 1k less than your 4.5k quote.
  • elliebellie
    elliebellie Posts: 141 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi cddc, thanks for explaining the responses I received. I went with wren because I saw my friend's recently installed wren kitchen and it was great (no probs) the plan looks great and I have everything I asked for.

In terms of fitting, the quote did come from a local guy, i think in part that's why I was so surprised at the cost. I've got a few more calls out to friend recommended people, so fingers crossed!!
  • Credit-Crunched
    Options
    I can see where the other 2 are coming from.

They are proving advice around the question, as well as the question.

I recently paid £2,435 for 18 units, 4 x 3m lengths of laminate work top, end panels, plinths.

So take what you paid and compare.

Have you thought about shopping around on the units, this would then take some of the heat out of the fitting costs.

£4.5k is well off the pace, the electric work will add a cost on top as you have said, plus things ALWAYS crop up that add costs. I was quoted £1,500 plus electric work, which included 2 mitre joints. I ended up doing it myself! Not as hard as it looks! Just got gas and electric work done independently!

I would get 4 quotes from kitchen fitters locally, ask if they can include electric work as well, as they always have a go to sparky.

I'm not being judgemental, but you are coming across as a bit frosty / spiky, when people are offering you advice. Just an outsiders perspective!
  • kokolino23
    kokolino23 Posts: 267 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I can see where the other 2 are coming from.

They are proving advice around the question, as well as the question.

I recently paid £2,435 for 18 units, 4 x 3m lengths of laminate work top, end panels, plinths.

So take what you paid and compare.

Have you thought about shopping around on the units, this would then take some of the heat out of the fitting costs.

£4.5k is well off the pace, the electric work will add a cost on top as you have said, plus things ALWAYS crop up that add costs. I was quoted £1,500 plus electric work, which included 2 mitre joints. I ended up doing it myself! Not as hard as it looks! Just got gas and electric work done independently!

I would get 4 quotes from kitchen fitters locally, ask if they can include electric work as well, as they always have a go to sparky.

I'm not being judgemental, but you are coming across as a bit frosty / spiky, when people are offering you advice. Just an outsiders perspective!

Can I ask where did you got that deal from, please? Sounds really good... Cheers
  • ccjane
    ccjane Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    We looked at wrens, it was just after Christmas when they had the 75% off, as they have a lovely cashmere gloss doors that I really loved and I wanted to see what my kitchen would look like 3D as we were doing an Extension, it was 18 units it was Bespoke Laminate with intergrade washing machine 2 electric ovens a electric 5 burner hob and it did come up to £25K but with discount and they also had a voucher it came up to £10, 899 and £2700 of that was fitting, they said they prepare the walls, but it would of been in the new extension so my walls were already smooth... When I am nearly ready I will shop around more a lot of people have told me howden kitchen..
  • York1
    York1 Posts: 10 Forumite
    edited 6 June 2015 at 12:01PM
    Options
    Somewhat late to this but as it's a common question, I thought i'd post the breakdown from the kitchen refurb currently being done on my house. This is from an independent kitchen company with their own fitters.

Installation of 23 Units, stripping the kitchen and 2 day skip hire, relocating the dishwasher and washing machine, including new plumbing, complete change of plumbing under the sink and fit of new sink/taps, new plumbing/pipes for the American fridge freezer, moving a window and replacing bricks to match in old window location, 2 days of plastering, templating and fitting the new silestone worktops and kitchen island, fitting the ovens, induction hob and extractor including supply and fit of new ducting for extractor, relevelling the floor with self-levelling compound (300 sq. foot room), skirting boards removed and replaced (including cost for parts), new window sills at their cost, new radiator at their cost, fitting 3 sliding doors to create a new utility area.

£4k+ VAT
  • Credit-Crunched
    Credit-Crunched Posts: 2,212 Forumite
    Options
    kokolino23 wrote: »
    Can I ask where did you got that deal from, please? Sounds really good... Cheers

B&Q - White Classic IT Range
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport