Options

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,504 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Daisypop wrote: »
    Hi
    I have asked for cca on 3 debts in July and Have had letters stating would have to go to original creditor. Two have said will suspend collection until then.
    I asked Stepchange to cease payments to the 3 in the meantime and explained am trying to arrange full and finals.
    They have replied asking me they won't stop payment unless I explain why the debts are in dispute. I have said they are not in dispute but am trying to put myself in the best position I can to pay them off.
    I am paying less to Stepchange at the moment than previously as my bOiler broke and I had to lend the money from a relative. I have paid some back but I do still owe a bit. On top of that I have 2 little dogs who have had medical problems, one quite serious and have paid out probably about 2k in the last 12 months and is still ongoing although has settled a bit for now.
    I have explained this to SC previously but honestly feel that they don't trust what I'm saying and have to prove this over and over I have done 3 reviews since December and now have to do another one.
    Anyone self managed had issues please? Been with SC over 4 years now.
    I just want to try and pay things off at a settlement figure I've paid back 17k now and am not trying to say the debts are in dispute. Stressed!

The debts are 'in dispute' because they have failed to supply a copy of the original agreement within 12 days in response to a formal s77-79 CCA request. They are thus unenforceable until the creditor complies, and are therefore of a lower priority than your other debts.

Stepchange should follow your reasonable requests. If you are not happy with stepchange (and 4 reviews in one year sounds unreasonable) then ditch them and go properly self-managed.
  • Daisypop
    Daisypop Posts: 63 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks sourcrates I know I posted in the other thread too .
    Also thanks fatbelly I'm waiting for Stepchange to come back to me so will see what they say but im swaying now towards the self managing.
  • massivedebts
    Options
    Hi
    Can I please clarify something ? I am in process of offering full and finals - I received a call today from moorcroft, we offered 25% they called and offered 90% and then reduced to 80% - I have told them I cannot afford that and I will go back with a counter offer.
    My question is they asked me if I understood how a partial settlement would affect my credit history, I said I did. The guy then continued to explain that the debt will remain on our history for 6 years from default date - I've checked and we were defaulted on this particular loan in April 2009 - does that mean that this loan is done and dusted with regards to affecting our credit report despite offering to partially settle?
    Doe that make sense?
    Finally brave enough to deal with my debts! :D
    CCCS DMP - 1.4.2009
    Couldn't have done it without the guys on the DMP Mutual Support Thread.
    :T :T :T :T
    DMP Support Member 255
  • DrWatson1
    DrWatson1 Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Although this is slightly off-topic, it's relevant to my quest for F&F.

I've opened a clearscore account to check my default dates, and none of my unsecured loans (other than the one with NRAM which operates alongside my mortgage) appear there.

Do debts that have been sold on to a collection agency not show on credit reports? FYI, I defaulted on most of these account circa April 2011, so they should be dropping off my credit file in 6 months.
  • fatbelly
    edited 7 October 2016 at 9:27AM
    Options
    Hi
    Can I please clarify something ? I am in process of offering full and finals - I received a call today from moorcroft, we offered 25% they called and offered 90% and then reduced to 80% - I have told them I cannot afford that and I will go back with a counter offer.
    My question is they asked me if I understood how a partial settlement would affect my credit history, I said I did. The guy then continued to explain that the debt will remain on our history for 6 years from default date - I've checked and we were defaulted on this particular loan in April 2009 - does that mean that this loan is done and dusted with regards to affecting our credit report despite offering to partially settle?
    Doe that make sense?

Sorry, only just noticed.

Yes, it should have dropped off in Apr 2015 - you should check a credit report. See my next post
  • fatbelly
    Options
    DrWatson1 wrote: »
    Although this is slightly off-topic, it's relevant to my quest for F&F.

I've opened a clearscore account to check my default dates, and none of my unsecured loans (other than the one with NRAM which operates alongside my mortgage) appear there.

Do debts that have been sold on to a collection agency not show on credit reports? FYI, I defaulted on most of these account circa April 2011, so they should be dropping off my credit file in 6 months.
    Clearscore is Equifax - you should also check Experian, maybe with a £2 statutory report

Make sure you give your full address history for the past 6 years, and change of name if that applies.

A summary of all the credit checks is here:

http://debtcamel.co.uk/best-way-to-check-credit-score/
  • Pink&fluffy
    Options
    Hi I'm really lost on this web site, I'm new to posts...but I need help here, I feel like I'm being fobbed off! Basically I had an issue with my tablet...it's fairly new on the market, and I've probably had it about three weeks, it's been unresponsive to touch...alas! I fainted avoiding my 16 month year old I crushed my tablet...very unhappy! I contacted the company as I'm covered by warranty, discussed the initial concern that "it's non responsive, in general to touch...not slow just non responsive even with the pencil" they said bring it in! I said ok I will but I fell on it fainting and it's a bit cracked..."no worries" they said, and booked me into see one of there team. Yeah! They won't do anything unless I pay £349 for a second hand replacement as "we can repair the screen because it's cracked" so they want me to pay for a new ".... tablet" so they can fix the screen, but they can't fix the screen because I have to by a new one as the screens cannot be replaced...because it's cracked, completely ignoring the original issue at hand that it's just not working as advertised...I'm being fobbed off here, I've called them back this morning to hear the same thing "it's not covered under warranty mamm as the screens cracked" what do I do now 😩😩😩😩 help!
  • DrWatson1
    DrWatson1 Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Excellent fatbelly, thanks :)
  • fatbelly
    Options
    Hi I'm really lost on this web site, I'm new to posts...but I need help here, I feel like I'm being fobbed off! Basically I had an issue with my tablet...it's fairly new on the market, and I've probably had it about three weeks, it's been unresponsive to touch...alas! I fainted avoiding my 16 month year old I crushed my tablet...very unhappy! I contacted the company as I'm covered by warranty, discussed the initial concern that "it's non responsive, in general to touch...not slow just non responsive even with the pencil" they said bring it in! I said ok I will but I fell on it fainting and it's a bit cracked..."no worries" they said, and booked me into see one of there team. Yeah! They won't do anything unless I pay £349 for a second hand replacement as "we can repair the screen because it's cracked" so they want me to pay for a new ".... tablet" so they can fix the screen, but they can't fix the screen because I have to by a new one as the screens cannot be replaced...because it's cracked, completely ignoring the original issue at hand that it's just not working as advertised...I'm being fobbed off here, I've called them back this morning to hear the same thing "it's not covered under warranty mamm as the screens cracked" what do I do now �������� help!

post this on 'consumer rights' board?
  • funkyfish586
    Options
    Hi all, hope you can help. We are coming up to our 7th year on a dmp and have £14k left to pay. A family member has offered to loan us half of this so we are looking to write to all our creditors and offer F&F's. I know no one can be certain how things will plan out but as it's been so long on the dmp and some of our defaults are now dropping off our credit report do you think an offer of writing off 70-80% is likely? What is the best way of making payment to them off accepted as I have read mixed things about using debit cards? How long do I say they have to respond on the letter or do I just say we can make the payment immediately if successful?

Many thanks in advance!
    "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad."
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback