Yet more financial faux pas and many other disasterous decisions

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope it goes as well as it can.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • moo2moo
    moo2moo Posts: 4,694 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Decided to take the old dear for one last walk before taking her to the vets. Figured we'd pootle to the end of the road and back and half an hour was more than enough time. Ended up leaving her and OH pootling down the road and legged it the mile and a half home for the car v. grateful to be passed by a very bemused neighbour who gave me a lift. By the time I caught up with them they'd managed another mile and she was really struggling but determined to go on. Head up, tail wagging and happy to be out in the sunshine. You've got to hand it to her to be fashionably late for her own demise.

The bit at the vets wasn't as bad as I'd expected. We went straight in so there was no waiting around wondering if I really was doing the right thing. Found the whole day exhausting.

The DDs coped far better than expected. They'd said their goodbyes before school without any idea of what was happening other than she was very old and sleepy.

There are reminders of her everywhere I look and in everything I do.

Supposed I just have to get used to her not being there anymore.

And just to add to the general feeling of utter shoiteness my Aunts funeral is on Tuesday. Can't face that on top of this. Doubt any of the relatives will understand. Still I'll worry about telling my dad I'm not going in another couple of days.

Planning to spend today with the four legged fiend in the park. Need to get out of the house and doing something that makes me happy and her too. OH is home so hoping he can be persuaded to come with us.
    Saving for a Spinning Wheel and other random splurges : £183.50
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm generally just a lurker in your diary as I enjoy reading, but had to nip in and send my heartfelt sympathies to you. You're such an amazing person who always seems to be on the go and running around for other people. I wish you all the best of everything to help you through these darker days.
  • Knitting_Nora
    Options
    Hey Moo

Big, big hugs honey. Gather your loved ones close (two legs or four...or even scales for that matter) and enjoy them...and stuff anyone who doesn't understand what you're going through.

Take each hour as it comes - and don't worry or beat yourself up for being sad, leaving the housework, not going to your aunt's funeral (seems reasonable to me - you have enough grief in your own home right now, why opt to stack more on yourself by adding other people's??).....Nora's orders.

xx.
  • Knitting_Nora
    Options
    Ummm, just a thought - but if the scales are on fish, then don't gather them close without their water....just sayin'.
  • peaceandfreedom
    Options
    moo2moo wrote: »
    There are reminders of her everywhere I look and in everything I do.

Supposed I just have to get used to her not being there anymore.

So sad, Moo, my sympathies, it'll take a long while to get used to not having her around. :(
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Awww - sorry to read about the old dog. Its never easy. Hope you will be feeling more chipper soon :)
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hugs Moo, was just the same before Christmas when my parents had to say good bye to their last lab :( I was still living at home when she first arrived and although she wasn't technically my dog I have shed many a tear since then. Do what you can to get through it xxxx
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • MatyMoo
    MatyMoo Posts: 3,167 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So glad the old dear got a final walk, it is very sad when our furry friends have to go but we always seem to know when it is time. Hard as it is, we do the best we can for them ALL of their lives.

Sending hugs :o
    :j Proud Member of Mike's Mob :j
  • thrifty_fifty
    Options
    Big hugs Moo. Lots of cuddles, warm cuppas and chocolately things should be had. xx

M&S £2878.22/ Natwest £3526/ Loan £405/ [STRIKE]Sofa £0[/STRIKE]/ [STRIKE]Ring £0[/STRIKE]/
    Savings £12.04
    NSD 3/10 :cool:
    Total £6915.88

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills