Skipton - paying in

Options
Has anyone paid into their Skipton LISA by debit card? Do you know how long it takes to show in the balance?

Comments

• Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry not with Skipton but I woudln't expect it to take more than 5 business days. A good check that they are processing the transaction would be to see if the 'available funds' has reduced in your bank account. this can happen if the money has been authorised in advance of payment being taken.
  • Gordon_the_Moron
    Options
    I've got a LISA with Skipton. I made a debit card payment to it earlier. The balance updated instantly. It shows as £250 [not cleared] it has reduced the available balance on the debit card.

Not sure how long it will take to become available. Also not sure if you made a payment this way this tax year and it cleared April 6th or after which year it would come from. I wouldn't chance it.
    If you don't like what I say slap me around with a large trout and PM me to tell me why.

If you do like it please hit the thanks button.
  • Spadge64
    Options
    Hi,

I've done this, I think it took about 3 days to actually show the funds in my Skipton LISA. Although it showed the funds out of my debit account immediately. It's scary when it shows funds out, but not in...you wonder where your money is in the meantime. I've spoken to Skipton about this regarding my transfer and they've offered to send me update texts when they receive funds and then process them. Not sure if you could speak to them and get the same if it's a concern!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure