NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    wizzywig27 wrote: »
    So, after speaking to the bank last night and being told I had to sign the forms, I recieve a text and an email asking me to upload documents

Same here, although I'd rather go into the local branch really. Oh well.
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    harz99 wrote: »
    Same here, although I'd rather go into the local branch really. Oh well.

I firstly stood in a long queue, Cashier then informed me wasnt something she could do, I waited for someone from another level to be free, walked up several flights of stairs, he didnt know what he was doing, someone came to help still took protracted amount of time. _pale_

I indicated on application form preference to take ID to a branch, still received email and texts trying to encourage me to upload ID :doh:
  • youngretired
    Options
    I opened 2 sole accounts today for my mum and dad and the whole application was done online in one go. Applied, accepted, new accounts details provided and online registered.

This is different to my sister who had email afterwards for ID and myself who must be waiting for documents in post as a joint account.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I opened 2 sole accounts today for my mum and dad and the whole application was done online in one go. Applied, accepted, new accounts details provided and online registered.

This is different to my sister who had email afterwards for ID and myself who must be waiting for documents in post as a joint account.

No request for any ID for mum & dad at all? Are they already customers?
  • Snowbelle
    Snowbelle Posts: 353 Forumite
    edited 12 January 2018 at 8:12PM
    Options

I applied yesterday and was accepted and received email. When applying I had to give details of either a credit or debit card (I noticed they have taken an amount from this - I assume this will be returned) plus the number on my passport.
    Today I was able to log into my account and see a message asking me to print out a form and post it to them as they need my signature.
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    I received this request for proof of ID and signature too.

Really uncomfortable with an institution having a full photo of all my passport details (and the upload kept failing) so requested call back and they're sending the paper copy to sign.
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    No request for any ID for mum & dad at all? Are they already customers?

can't speak for youngretired but our applications have been approved and accounts opened with no request for any ID. Presumably they did it electronically and never banked there before.
  • youngretired
    Options
    Like Snowbelle during the application you had to provide a card number and ID document number, but haven't received an email requesting it yet, so will get them to log in tomorrow and see if they have had a message. We did ask for online ID when it asked if by online or post.

No neither have banked with Natwest before.
  • Snowbelle
    Snowbelle Posts: 353 Forumite
    Options
    Like Snowbelle during the application you had to provide a card number and ID document number, but haven't received an email requesting it yet, so will get them to log in tomorrow and see if they have had a message. We did ask for online ID when it asked if by online or post.

No neither have banked with Natwest before.

Did you notice if they have taken any money from the card you provided?
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Got OH and mine confirmation email that the switch has been started. But still no sign of my select account on my online banking list. Hopefully will appear soon or else nowhere to put the £1500 requirement
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure