IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - My right to appeal and how to do it

Options

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Consider writing bad stuff on the Range Facebook page and their website.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    Consider writing bad stuff on the Range Facebook page and their website.

wouldn't it be more productive to go to imperial retail parks facebook page instead?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • torturerforfun
    Options
    Half_way wrote: »
    Is this the place http://www.imperialretailpark.com/ ?
    If so then by complaining to the Range you may be barking up the wrong tree, have you tried the contacts here
    http://www.imperialretailpark.com/visitor-info/#map-contact

Please post your complaint re parking on here first, so it can be checked do not identify or give any hints as to who you think could have been driving on that day.

Yes thats the place!

Here is the email I sent:

To whom it may concern.

On Saturday 20th May @12:20 I visited your store with my daughter as it was her birthday coming up and she wanted her bedroom redecorated. So, we arrived at your store and spent a very nice afternoon wandering around and filling a trolley almost to the brim with goodies to adorn my daughters room these included paint, wallpaper, cushions, curtains and other bits and pieces. Halfway round we came across the coffee shop so decided to stop and have some lunch before heading around the second half of your large Imperial Park store in Hartcliffe, Bristol. We finally arrived at the tills after an exhausting shop and I paid for her haul, which amounted to a little under £200 this I paid and we left @16:30. We headed home and I have started the redecoration process.

Fast forward a week or so and imagine my surprise and outrage at the letter I received from parking eye for over staying the allotted time I was supposedly allowed for our shopping trip.

I am told that as landowners you are able to have this parking charge notice cancelled. I would be very grateful if you could have this actioned forthwith!

Regards
  • torturerforfun
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    do not send any receipts off to PE

you should have added proof of patronage (copies of receipts or copies of redacted bank statements) to your initial appeal to PE, as it seems THE RANGE are inferring that this will get it cancelled , so maybe they have the usual "off the books" policy of a minimum spend in store which allows cancellations (I know they have not said this but its common practice)

there is nothing to stop you sending this by email or whatever means to PE if they have not replied to your initial appeal yet

and as mentioned above, its more likely that the MA is responsible for PE, not The Range

I didn't send any proof as i couldn't find the receipts :( I do have the bank statements though so I will email them over to them as I have had no response as yet apart from the automated email!
  • torturerforfun
    Options
    I can't find an email address for parking eye to send my proof of purchasing to, can any one help?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,159 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    info@parkingeye.co.uk with 'further to appeal re PCN: xxxxxx/xxxxxx' in the subject line.

...and mention that you have already appealed and this bank statement is further evidence, after already complaining to the Range, that the charge should now be cancelled. If not, you will escalate the complaint to the site Managing Agents.

Don't say who was driving, not 'my bank statement' (cover the name and account number and anything else in your transactions you don't want scumbags to see/your balance).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • torturerforfun
    Options
    I have had the following reply from Parking Eye, what should my next coarse of action be please?

Dear Sir / Madam,
    Thank you for your correspondence in relation to the Parking Charge incurred on 20 May
    2017 at 16:30, at Imperial Retail Park, BS13 7TJ car park.
    We are writing to advise you that your recent appeal has been referred for further
    information.
    You have stated that you were not the driver of the vehicle at the date and time of the
    breach of the terms and conditions of the car park, but you have not indicated who was.
    You have already been notified that under section 9(2)(b) of schedule 4 of the Protection
    of Freedoms Act 2012 that the driver of the motor vehicle is required to pay this parking
    charge in full. As we do not know the driver’s name or current postal address, if you were
    not the driver at the time, you should tell us the full name and the current postal
    address of the driver.
    You are warned that if, after 29 days from the Date of Issue, the parking charge has not
    been paid in full and we do not know both the name and current address of the driver, we
    have the right to recover any unpaid part of the parking charge from you, the registered
    keeper. This warning is given to you under paragraph 9(2)(f) of schedule 4 of the
    Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 and is subject to our complying with the applicable
    conditions under schedule 4 of that Act.
    ParkingEye have placed this charge on hold for 28 days to enable you to provide the
    evidence requested. If this information is not provided within 28 days, the appeal may well
    be rejected and a POPLA code provided.
    Alternatively, payment can be made by telephoning our offices on 0330 555 4444 or by
    visiting https://www.parkingeye.co.uk or by posting a cheque or postal order to the address
    detailed below.
    If this charge has been paid and you choose to provide further evidence relating to your
    appeal, please forward this to us for consideration.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,289 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 June 2017 at 4:22PM
    Options
    They are telling lies as usual. You should NOT tell them the full name and the current postal address of the driver. They have no right to use the word "should."
    Ignore that letter and await your PoPLA code and inevitable rejection.

You now need to generate a PoPLA appeal using the relevant template appeal points from post 3 of the NEWBIES thread.
    Get photos of the entrance and all signage to include in your "inadequate signage" template point.
    Grace periods will feature significantly in your appeal. There are 2 in the BPA CoP. ANPR cameras do not record parking time, only time on site. Driving around looking for a parking space, or driving thrugh heavy traffic to leave the site is not parking.

Post your draft here before submitting it.

Keep up your complaints to the landowner and tell them about the underhand tactics of the scammers.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • torturerforfun
    Options
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    They are telling lies as usual. You should NOT tell them the full name and the current postal address of the driver. They have no right to use the word "should."
    Ignore that letter and await your PoPLA code and inevitable rejection.

You now need to generate a PoPLA appeal using the relevant template appeal points from post 3 of the NEWBIES thread.
    Get photos of the entrance and all signage to include in your "inadequate signage" template point.

Post your draft here before submitting it.

Keep up your complaints to the landowner and tell them about the underhand tactics of the scammers.

Many thanks Fruitcake, I see you are near my neck of the woods ;)

Any ideas how I can find out who owns the land?
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,289 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Many thanks Fruitcake, I see you are near my neck of the woods ;)

Any ideas how I can find out who owns the land?

I will be in Brizzle next week, but I don't think we will be going anywhere near that location. I have added a couple more points to my previous post so you should have a second look.

The definitive method is to pay the land registry a small fee of a few quid. This is more important for court than PoPLA, although a landowner cancellation is always best. Further internet searches about the site may give you more info.

The important thing now is to concentrate on researching your PoPLA appeal in case a landowner cancellation fails.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business