Amazon Platinum credit crd provided by New Day

Options
Have been with this bare bones operation for a few months now lured by a £30 gift voucher.

They don't provide paper statements.

Their CS are OK but recently I changed the account I nominated for a DD to payoff the balance in full. I had to payoff the balance there and then before that could be done so did so.

TodaynI got alettermsaying my DD has been cancelled and to make arrangements to pay off the card in future.

So my new DD I set up has been cancelled without me asking for this. It was set up I checked a few days ago, now its gone.

Is this typical of New Day Amazon credit cards service? Never had a DD cancelled before unless I asked for it.

Comments

• Credit_Master
    Options
    Have been with this bare bones operation for a few months now lured by a £30 gift voucher.

They don't provide paper statements.

Their CS are OK but recently I changed the account I nominated for a DD to payoff the balance in full. I had to payoff the balance there and then before that could be done so did so.

TodaynI got alettermsaying my DD has been cancelled and to make arrangements to pay off the card in future.

So my new DD I set up has been cancelled without me asking for this. It was set up I checked a few days ago, now its gone.

Is this typical of New Day Amazon credit cards service? Never had a DD cancelled before unless I asked for it.

Opening a credit card account for the £30 voucher is not a clever move. You should never proceed unless satisfied with all aspects of the credit agreement offered to you.

You can request a paper statement - this is standardized across the industry. The provider can charge for this request - as the PDF digital format is perfectly capable of replicating the latter.

The Direct Debit cancellation could either be a simple clerical error on their part or the bank has refused the mandate issued to them. Either contact the bank or ask NewDay directly.

This is not "typical" of them - having used them in the past.
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Options
    Thanks for your thoughts.

They did set up the DD and it was showing in my banks list of direct debits two days ago when I checked.

Will phone New Day tomorrow.
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Options
    Phoned New Day who said no DD on my account and they don't know why it was cancelled. It was either by me or the bank. Setup new DD, same as before.

It wasn't me so phoned the bank who told me the DD was cancelled by the originator. The originator is New Day.

Hopefully a temporary blip but I will close the Amazon credit card account if any more problems.

New Day also confirmed that the Amazon credit card is online only and there is no option for a paper statement even if one was prepared to pay.
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    Opening a credit card account for the £30 voucher is not a clever move. You should never proceed unless satisfied with all aspects of the credit agreement offered to you.

You can request a paper statement - this is standardized across the industry. The provider can charge for this request - as the PDF digital format is perfectly capable of replicating the latter.

The Direct Debit cancellation could either be a simple clerical error on their part or the bank has refused the mandate issued to them. Either contact the bank or ask NewDay directly.

This is not "typical" of them - having used them in the past.

I disagree with your first sentence.

Lots of people open accounts or switch accounts for a benefit.

I also opened a amazon credit card account, alas only the classic card.
    Got a 20 pounds amazon voucher and no interest payments for 3 months.
  • Tiexen
    Tiexen Posts: 724 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    And if you use it at Amazon you also get points (1000 gives a £10 voucher)
  • oldagetraveller
    Options
    "I disagree with your first sentence."
    Me too. Applied for the "Classic" card last year, instant approval and instant £20 discount off a £50 Amazon order. Well, they did keep pestering every time I placed an order!
    Didn't use the card, then a month later cancelled it. Only £20 but very acceptable.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 3 February 2018 at 5:16PM
    Options
    I disagree with your first sentence.

Lots of people open accounts or switch accounts for a benefit.

I also opened a amazon credit card account, alas only the classic card.
    Got a 20 pounds amazon voucher and no interest payments for 3 months.

This is subject to personal interpreation, but to me £30 is too cheap for a credit search which I could preserve it for a much better deal such as 2-3 Years 0% interest on Balance transfer with £0 fee.

Switching incentive of current account is £100+, not £30 let alone £30 is not cash but voucher. The exception if they have other feature thatyou like
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    Tiexen wrote: »
    And if you use it at Amazon you also get points (1000 gives a £10 voucher)

The classic card doesn’t have that....just in case anybody didn’t know
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    This is subject to personal interpreation, but to me £30 is too cheap for a credit search which I could preserve it for a much better deal such as 2-3 Years 0% interest on Balance transfer with £0 fee.

Switching incentive of current account is £100+, not £30 let alone £30 is not cash but voucher. The exception if they have other feature thatyou like

I suppose it’s all dependant on your own financial circumstances at the time.

Personally I have no extra need for credit, but on this occasion a freebie 20 quid to spend on amazon and interest free for 3 months is ok..

I only have the classic card ( I’m a little bit sub prime ) so after a year if all is ok then they upgrade to platinum which is good for me.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I suppose it!!!8217;s all dependant on your own financial circumstances at the time.

Personally I have no extra need for credit, but on this occasion a freebie 20 quid to spend on amazon and interest free for 3 months is ok..

I only have the classic card ( I!!!8217;m a little bit sub prime ) so after a year if all is ok then they upgrade to platinum which is good for me.

Indeed but some people here want to get 0% interest interest on balance transfer not because they need credit card but for stoozing purposes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure