PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Location Location Location called me!

Options

Comments

• hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Oh fab, definitely go for it. You might not think you look your best, but they show repeats years and years on - think how fabulous you'll think you looked (and wondered what on earth you were worrying about) when you look back in 20 years LOL!

I adore it. I watch it back-to-back whenever possible and sometimes even know what words are coming next, I've watched them so many times.

Good luck!

Jx
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • LisbonLaura
    LisbonLaura Posts: 1,121 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You might get so excited by the original features of an over budget house that you go in to early labour and have your baby delivered by Phil Spencer.

Then he hands over to Kirsty for the placenta removal, and an LLL spin-off series is err .. born?
    Sorry :(
  • copperjar
    Options
    Definitely go for it! They do always seem to pull something out of the bag!
    [STRIKE]
    Total debt 1.11.10 £23,446
    [/STRIKE]
    Save £6k in 2015 #129 £6121.66/£6000
    Save £6k in 2016 #39 £6000/£6000
  • Person_one
    Person_one Posts: 28,884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you can bear listening to Kirsty making patronising remarks about you in the voiceover they'll add post production and rolling her eyes at the camera when you turn your back like she's got some sort of neurological condition , then go for it, you might just get a bargain or a place you'd have missed out on on your own.

Although be prepared for them to show you a dream house over budget and then push for you to stretch yourselves or ring the bank of mum and dad, that seems to happen a lot!
  • theEnd
    theEnd Posts: 851 Forumite
    Options
    Could be interesting.

The couple of times I've watched they seem to take them to places they've already seen, but on a sunny day.

Then the bloke one goes away and has a think, then tells them to offer asking prices, but seems to think he's a genius.
  • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    ScorpiondeRooftrouser Posts: 2,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 October 2016 at 1:38PM
    Options
    Go on it if you want to get your face on the TV.

In terms of finding a house, you will spend an inordinate amount of time in order to look at 3 houses.

Estate agents know that the offer and acceptance will be on TV so they won't accept a lower offer if you're on this, far from it. It suits them far better to propagate the idea that an offer 1% under asking is a bit low.
  • startingout2016
    Options
    The thing is, we have struggled to find houses to even view the past 3 or 4 weeks and were starting to feel a bit desperate.

But all of a sudden we have 4, possibly 5 house viewings booked for the next few days. So fingers crossed one of these will be it!
  • squeakerton
    Options
    Go for it - we did it. Had been looking for about a year with no luck so applied almost as a laugh. Were called within a couple of weeks !

Was definitely worth it as they found us a property that wasn't actually on the market. About 4 days of filming and they also did a revisit about 3 years later. Fascinating experience and Phil and Kirsty (and the crew) were helpful and friendly.

PM me if you would like more info.
  • Mallotum_X
    Mallotum_X Posts: 2,588 Forumite
    Options
    We did a bbc show, dont underestimate how tiring it can be, and having to do the same shoot over and over again, or being asked similar but different questions repeatedly until you answer the way the "script" needs your unscripted answer to come out.

Good fun seeing yourself on the telly though, and if its a show that gets repeated then expect regular "i saw you on the telly last night" comments years later as they probably wont tell you about when the repeats come on.
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Go for it - we did it. Had been looking for about a year with no luck so applied almost as a laugh. Were called within a couple of weeks !

Was definitely worth it as they found us a property that wasn't actually on the market. About 4 days of filming and they also did a revisit about 3 years later. Fascinating experience and Phil and Kirsty (and the crew) were helpful and friendly.

PM me if you would like more info.

Oh go on, share with us which one :D

I bet I remember it lol.

My fave was the 'Shane' one on the Kent coast :)

Jx
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family