Halifax Reward account

Options
Hi,

Halifax standard current account is no longer available on Halifax website. Has that been withdrawn?

Next available account is Reward but as I already hold Reward account I cannot apply for another one.

MS

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    starM wrote: »
    Halifax standard current account is no longer available on Halifax website. Has that been withdrawn?
    Yes, a while ago now.
    Next available account is Reward but as I already hold Reward account I cannot apply for another one.
    How do you know (for sure)? Have you tried and been denied?
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    How do you know (for sure)?
    S/he followed your usual advice and checked the T&C ;)
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,041 Forumite
    Options
    Effectively, the Reward account becomes the old standard current account if you don't pay in £750 per month and have two direct debits.
  • YorkshireBoy
    Options
    grumbler wrote: »
    S/he followed your usual advice and checked the T&C ;)
    No it was a genuine question. I have the option to apply for another Reward account within online banking. With 4 Reward accounts already I won't be sticking my head above the parapet and trying for another. Even if I wanted a donor account I'd go elsewhere.

Just wondered if the OP had tried and failed, or simply read that they could just "hold one sole Reward account" and assumed it wasn't worth trying and hoping for a substitute account (of whatever type not normally on sale...as EarthBoy says, another Reward account without the Reward).
  • bktshpsht
    Options
    I have a Halifax account that I wanted to upgrade to a Reward account.

When I applied it sent me to a 'switch into Halifax' page.

Can I apply if I don't want to switch in from another bank?
  • YorkshireBoy
    Options
    It's not an "upgrade". It's a "re-designation". You used to have to either visit branch or ring them. I don't believe online re-designation is possible.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    EarthBoy wrote: »
    Effectively, the Reward account becomes the old standard current account if you don't pay in £750 per month and have two direct debits.

Not any more it did use to downgrade but now, you just sacrifice the reward payment in those months you don't do the above.

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It's not an "upgrade". It's a "re-designation". You used to have to either visit branch or ring them. I don't believe online re-designation is possible.

It is possible,

You need to log in and then click the red upgrade button on the right hand side then you are given a page with the declaration..

I have logged into my account to copy it down

Upgrade your bank account

By upgrading using this simple process, you will keep the same sort code, account number and won’t have to change any direct debits etc.

If you’re looking to upgrade to one of our current accounts , there are 2 to choose from:

Reward Current Account
    If you’re going to use this as your main bank account and have your credits and debits set up on it, then you can earn a monthly reward of £3. All you have to do is:

pay in £750 or more to your Reward Current Account and;
    have a minimum of 2 different Direct Debits paid from your account and;
    your account has not been overdrawn (planned or unplanned) at the end of any day during the calendar month.
    This account also comes with a £50 overdraft buffer which means you won’t pay any planned or unplanned overdraft fees when you are overdrawn by £50 or less.

Ultimate Reward Current Account
    This current account could be for you if in addition to the standard current account features, you can make use of the extra benefits that come with it such as travel insurance, mobile phone insurance and car breakdown cover, all for a £15 monthly fee.

All insurance cover and other services that come with the Ultimate Reward Current Account Benefits Package are supplied by 3rd party providers. Exclusions apply.

And don’t forget, you can manage all of our current accounts with Online Banking, plus all the standard features you’ll expect from us, like a Visa Debit Card.

This is a new feature and is not the same as opening a new account online, this is done via the products tab...

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing