Making cards - Ideas for beginners (part 4)

Options

Comments

• babyfreckles
    babyfreckles Posts: 474 Forumite
    edited 15 August 2010 at 8:02PM
    Options
    Just wanted to say Thanks to Soulie for the badge - I hope you dont mind, I post occasionally, not everyday :) (Mainly asking stupid questions!)..

On the stupid question note, does anyone have the marianne creatables snowflake dies? I bought a set from Ebay and have noticed that when I try cutting, I always have to poke the card/paper out as it always get stuck.. Any ideas?

xx
    So much for 'Money Saving' ;)
  • lizalloareds
    lizalloareds Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    Options
    Soulie where can i get the badge from
    September GC 30th aug-4th Oct £332.74/£375 NSD 3
    Gc Jan £234.85/200 :(Feb £298.92/280:(March £298.42/£280:( April £270.49/280:) May Gc £351.08/£350 June £300.06/280 July £256.15/£240
    Aug £318.74/£280
  • Soulie
    Soulie Posts: 391 Forumite
    Options
    jazabelle wrote: »
    Soulie - where do you get your crafty wins from please? Do they get posted somewhere in order to enter them?

Hi, thank you for asking :)

I actually won a Penny Black stamp set back in ummm January I think, from someone's b*** who was giving away b*** candy each day throughout that month.

The same with the ProMarkers I won, was also a B*** candy win.

What they usually get you to do is post a comment on their candy, and post a B*** entry on your B*** with a link to their candy, so other people can enter too.

The $25 gift certificate, which I won recently, was won by entering one of my cards in to a challenge.

I have links on my B*** to a few current candies, {you will need to scroll down and click on OLDER POSTS for the August Candies I have found so far}, there is also some in my sidebar, and links to challenges :)

Hope that helps!
    13 Projects in 2013 Finished: 5 of 13
    May
    Misson: Complete 20 Stock Cards - 23 of 20
    - DONE! :T
    Read all Unread Books: 20 / 47 :eek: - oops bought 8 more books, 25p each though!
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member #70

• Soulie
    Soulie Posts: 391 Forumite
    Options
    Just wanted to say Thanks to Soulie for the badge - I hope you dont mind, I post occasionally, not everyday :) (Mainly asking stupid questions!)..

You're very welcome :)
    And I hope you join in the discussion more often!
    However, I cannot help you with your question.
    BTW there is no such thing as a stupid question :)

Soulie where can i get the badge from

Hi, if you go back a page or two {or three} there is a post with both of the badges and how to get them and posted on your B*** or check out my B*** in the usual place and I have made a recent post with both badges :)

Just right click to save to your PC and upload to your photo storage account, for the animated one, or if you do not have one, you can just use the static one :)

Hope that helps!
    13 Projects in 2013 Finished: 5 of 13
    May
    Misson: Complete 20 Stock Cards - 23 of 20
    - DONE! :T
    Read all Unread Books: 20 / 47 :eek: - oops bought 8 more books, 25p each though!
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member #70

• Gemm85
    Gemm85 Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    edited 15 August 2010 at 8:22PM
    Options
    Soulie wrote: »
    Hi, thank you for asking :)

I actually won a Penny Black stamp set back in ummm January I think, from someone's b*** who was giving away b*** candy each day throughout that month.

The same with the ProMarkers I won, was also a B*** candy win.

What they usually get you to do is post a comment on their candy, and post a B*** entry on your B*** with a link to their candy, so other people can enter too.

The $25 gift certificate, which I won recently, was won by entering one of my cards in to a challenge.

I have links on my B*** to a few current candies, {you will need to scroll down and click on OLDER POSTS for the August Candies I have found so far}, there is also some in my sidebar, and links to challenges :)

Hope that helps!

on the subject of Candy, I have some running on my B**g at the moment (click on my name, then homepage) if anyone would like to enter ;)

ETA: ATC swap partners are up on CP
  • lrlrip
    lrlrip Posts: 586 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Can anyone please recommend me a guillotine thanks?
  • jazabelle
    jazabelle Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Options
    lrlrip wrote: »
    Can anyone please recommend me a guillotine thanks?

I've just bought the Woodware trimmer a few days ago, and I love it. It's very easy to use, and tak eup to 12 x 12 paper. The trimmer bit also lifts up, so it's easy to position your paper.

It comes with two cutters - a straight one and a victorian one.

I highly recommend it!
    "There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow." - Orison Swett Marden
  • lizalloareds
    lizalloareds Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Soulie, got it onto my photobucket but can't get it to my blog
    September GC 30th aug-4th Oct £332.74/£375 NSD 3
    Gc Jan £234.85/200 :(Feb £298.92/280:(March £298.42/£280:( April £270.49/280:) May Gc £351.08/£350 June £300.06/280 July £256.15/£240
    Aug £318.74/£280
  • jazabelle
    jazabelle Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Soulie, got it onto my photobucket but can't get it to my blog

You need to find the link to your picture on photobucket. It usually says something like share image? Then email, web, etc. You want the direct link, so it should say something like http://www.photobucket.whatever

Copy this link, then go and replace Soulie's photobucket link with yours in her coding. Then copy the code into your blog.
    "There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow." - Orison Swett Marden
  • elysia2003
    elysia2003 Posts: 5,155 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry about that Soulie - I just thought I needed to copy and paste the link you posted. ;)

Irlip - I have the one from Hobbycraft that is permanently Half price. :cool: It's £12.49 and has a straight blade, a wavy one and a perforating blade. The replacements cost about £6 but I've had mine three years and only replaced it last week.

I have posted the winner of my Bl*g Candy on my you know where!

Very well done to the winner (could you please pm me your address) and thankyou for entering everyone else. I wish you all could have won. :A
    I :heartpuls M.S.E.
    :DMortgage Free 18/01/10 13 years and 8 months early on a 20 year mortgage! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure