PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thread Thursday 20th July

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
Chin up, Titus out.

Comments

• Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all
    I hope I haven't duplicated the daily thread.
    It's raining here this morning and looks like it has been for most of the night.
    Hugs to Dumpling Judi and anyone else in need.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Hester and all to follow,

Been raining in the night but seems to have stopped now, still feels hot and muggy though.

I am up early as I could hear a cat crying repeatedly in the garden when I got up to see if I could find it he had gone, im hoping it was a neighbours cat and they got up to let him in.

Had one of the window companies round last night, really nice bloke and no hard sell :j got another two coming over the next week so hope they are as nice.

Something and chips for dinner tonight I think there are some Kiev's in the freezer with peas.

Right better get on have good days all xx

Nannywindows I am so sorry to hear about Rafa puppy, that is so tragic and so sad for all involved xxxx
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 July 2017 at 7:40AM
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Thank you for starting us off Hester

Nannywindow so sorry abut Rafa.

The weather here turned out better than the initial forecast so I spent another afternoon in the park, so still no batch cooking done.

I need to go to Aldi shortly to get a couple of things before they get too busy. I’ve found that it is best to get there early. I was going to go yesterday but I want some of the lemons and limes in the super 6 starting today. There was no point in getting them anywhere else yesterday and paying more for them.

Still haven’t got the housework done, because of the nice weather again yesterday. I really must get on and do some, although I think it will probably be tomorrow before it gets done now.

I’m being treated to lunch out by a friend who I helped sort some legal stuff out today, so no cooking and a nice treat.

I hope that you all have as good a day as possible whatever you are doing
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks HESTER. Unfortunately we didn't get the rain, thunder and lightening at all yesterday. It was so hot in bed I'm sure a good old downpour would have cleared the air.

Thanks all who wished Mr TA well with his op. I was on pins all day and I was pleased when DS arrived to keep me company late afternoon. Finally got a call from the hospital at 7.15 to say he was ready to come home. We went straight on for him, to find him swathed in much padding and bandages almost to the elbow, with plates to keep everything straight. It will be two weeks before he has all this removed and they know if he can actually use the offending fingers. Second ops on the same hand are not always a success.

Meanwhile the cooking for one handed eating starts today! Lunch will be hm pea and ham soup and a sandwich and dinner chicken and bacon pasta with garlic bread.

Just whizzed through yesterday's posts and so sorry to read NANNYWINDOW's about poor Rafa dog. What a shock for them all. (HUGS) for you all.

I'm glad things are back to normal on here. I was so fed up of logging in all the time I gave up on it!

My heart goes out to all the people of Coverack. We have spent three lovely holidays there over the years. Such a pretty village and it was heartbreaking to see the devastation on the news.

In my desire to keep busy yesterday, after I had cleaned all the windows I stripped all the DGD's beds and got all their bedding washed and dried. Not such a good idea now it's all to iron and put back on again today!

Have a good day folks and (HUGS) for all the poorlies, sad and worried who want them. Still no news JUDI? Hope there is a good outcome workwise for GERS and NELSKI. I'm glad those days are well behind me!! Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning

Hester thanks for starting us off

Nannywindow so sorry about little Rafa

Judi hope you get some news soon

TA Pleased everything went well for Mr TA

Still hot and muggy here. Need to get some jobs done but cba.

Went to visit mother yesterday, she has a chest infection, worrying at here age.

Hope you all have a good day
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello: [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]nannywindow I'm so sorry about Rafa :cry: RIP little man xx[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm glad Mr TA is home TravellingAbuela Fingers crossed for working fingers! x[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I've been keeping an eye on the news for updates about Coverack too, I hope they sort the road out quickly especially as it's almost the start of the summer holidays. I hope local businesses don't lose much of their tourist trade. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Thinking of you Judi x[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The rain stopped quite early yesterday, but it was overcast all day and a bit muggy. My hip was playing up, when we went for a walk it was sore. We bumped into Milo and his owner round the corner, they were on their way home so we walked to their house with them, intending to carry on past it. The dogs ended up playing in their front garden for about 45 minutes, so Scampi got loads of exercise and I didn't have to walk far, just five minutes round the corner :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]It's raining again, feels nice and fresh though so that's good. Work this morning, I'm not sure how long it'll take, I'll just keep going til it's finished. Not sure what to do after that, I wanted to do some gardening but that's not going to happen if the rain carries on.[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,032 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Thanks for the good wishes. The interview was surprisingly enjoyable, two interviewers and me so not fierce. I got the feeling that there was only me in the the running. :cool:

When I packed on full time work and packed up my life to move here i fully expected (and hoped) to not work anymore. I'd made provision to plug the gap between my anticipated SP age and the 'new improved' one. However, my brain was dying, sitting reading and watching the tide turn was fabulous for the soul but I needed to do something. Yes, surprised me! So, from teaching four hours a week to six hours and now, perhaps, a four hour a week management role is more than enough. I need time to wander, take off and sit. The tide is still turning and needs to be watched.

It never actually rained here, other areas close by had awful showers. The sky here was dark all day but it stayed very muggy.

Don't know what's happening today. I'll maybe take a wee road trip down the peninsula if the forecast is good.

So pleased to read about MrTA - let's hope the op has been successful.

Happy Thursday!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Well another phone call is going to have to be made to the police missing persons team. Prodigal has been using Facebook. He was last online recently anyway. Of course he is ignoring my messages but at least I know he's alive.

I think it was a bit premature to put him on the missing persons list but it wasn't my call to make. I appreciate all the help that has been given though. Gratitude doesn't quite cover it. Pity Prodigal won't look at it the same way.

On a lighter note...no storms here just lots and lots of rain. Hubbys one solitary strawberry plant in a pot will appreciate it.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Hester - thanks for starting us off x

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

DH up and gone to work stupid stupid early, DS1 gone to work also, DS2 now drinking a cuppa.

Dull and overcast here and has been raining but seems to have stopped for the moment, loads of laying water though. Will put a line of washing out once it's done in the WM, hopefully it'll get dry, still warm here and rain not forecast until tonight now.

Have spent over an hour waiting for updates to complete on this pc, seems to all be done now.

Dinner last night was pork steaks, mash, carrots, broc, mashed swede and green beans, used up last 2 bananas and did DH some banana custard. Tonight the menfolk are having chicken, bacon and mushroom pie, mash and veg, I'll be making myself quorn shepherds pie with loads of veg, it'll be topped with LO mashed swede which I had cooked loads of yesterday, so I had some to use today, hoping I can get a couple of pies extra to put in the freezer.

I'm now on days' off before my annual leave starts, so loads to do, I'll be heading into town shortly to visit the bank and building society, then crack on with all the chores on the "to do" list.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Judi wrote: »
    Morning all,

Well another phone call is going to have to be made to the police missing persons team. Prodigal has been using Facebook. He was last online recently anyway. Of course he is ignoring my messages but at least I know he's alive.

I'm sorry that prodigal is ignoring your messages Judi, but as you say, at least you know he is alive. I hope that knowing this helps a you a little bit because things must be so hard for you at the moment, I really feel for you. (Judi)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure