Yes Car Credit

Options
Hi everyone, new here and I wonder if anyone can help me. I was a customer of Yes Car Credit having purchased a car on credit but as my agreement shows, I wasn't aware that they had included PPI despite my being self employed at the time.
Yes Car Credit have not existed for quite some time and I wondered if anyone else has been successful in making against a claim against their parent company Provident Financial or perhaps its a different route I need to take.
Basically I want to pursue the claim myself using the pre populated letters from here, but just need to be pointed in the right direction as to who/where to write to. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Paul

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    When was it sold to you?
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • dannyboy1974
    Options
    Who financed the PPI????
  • societys_child
    Options
    Who financed the PPI????
    The poster joined, and started the thread on 23rd. March. Hasn't been heard from since. Don't hold your breath for a reply . .
  • scottiekath
    Options
    Dear All,

I am looking for some advise.
    I stupidly bought a car from Yes Car Credit in 2002, have still got all the original paperwork & paid in full 23rd January 2005. I was charged for the following:
    Payment Protection Insurance £1569.85
    Mechanical Breakdown Insurance £650.00 ( Been a member of RAC since 1997!!)
    Emergency Recovery £330
    Shortfall Insurance £145
    Collision Call £ 40
    Finance charge £ 1969.15

Total £ 4704 @ 34.1% APR, 48 months of £98

I have written to Welcome Finance & Direct Auto Finance and only heard from Welcome Car Finance who stated it has nothing to do with them
    I have written to FSO who are waiting for me to hear from Direct Auto Finance.

I need to know if anyone else is having the same problems? Any success stories?

Many Thanks
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dear All,

I am looking for some advise.
    I stupidly bought a car from Yes Car Credit in 2002, have still got all the original paperwork & paid in full 23rd January 2005. I was charged for the following:
    Payment Protection Insurance £1569.85
    Mechanical Breakdown Insurance £650.00 ( Been a member of RAC since 1997!!)
    Emergency Recovery £330
    Shortfall Insurance £145
    Collision Call £ 40
    Finance charge £ 1969.15

Total £ 4704 @ 34.1% APR, 48 months of £98

I have written to Welcome Finance & Direct Auto Finance and only heard from Welcome Car Finance who stated it has nothing to do with them
    I have written to FSO who are waiting for me to hear from Direct Auto Finance.

I need to know if anyone else is having the same problems? Any success stories?

Many Thanks

Unfortunately this was pre regulation and the likes of car dealerships were not regulated so have no responsibility for the sale. You need to complain to whoever sold it, they will most likely reject it and then you could try the underwriters but they'll probably reject it to. You have no access to the FOS.

Why did you agree to these packages if you didn't want them?
  • Huskymumma
    Options
    I am being chased for a debt by YCC collections. I paid off my car finance back in early 2006 but when I saw they'd added PPI to the loan without my knowledge I refused to pay that portion of the loan off. The balance was about £600 at the time and now they are chasing me for about £5k despite it being statue barred. There is nothing on my credit file and I've totally ignored them to date, but I would like to deal with this but don't know where to start really. Any suggestions?
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Huskymumma wrote: »
    I am being chased for a debt by YCC collections. I paid off my car finance back in early 2006 but when I saw they'd added PPI to the loan without my knowledge I refused to pay that portion of the loan off. The balance was about £600 at the time and now they are chasing me for about £5k despite it being statue barred. There is nothing on my credit file and I've totally ignored them to date, but I would like to deal with this but don't know where to start really. Any suggestions?

Send them a statute barred letter

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/sampleletters/Pages/Time-has-run-out-to-recover-the-debt-(sole-name).aspx

Good forum to look at as well for advice (this is about PPI refunds)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport