Best place to buy cabin luggage for Ryanair.

Options

Comments

• janbabe
    janbabe Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    thank you for replying. I did see this bag and thought it looked quite good.

I will have to sort out the bags we have in the loft to see what we have relating to sizes etc. Soft bags are lighter but of course have to carry them.

Sometimes by the time you have bought a cabin case it is not much dearer to check in another suitcase unless you do a lot of short trips.

may have to invest in one decent one for the future ....;)
  • goldthornwolf
    Options
    Any other suggestions anyone (please)?
  • bonnycot
    Options
    superstar wrote: »
    My friend did on a flight 2 weeks ago. His bag was in but the wheels did not. The staffs were making a fuss about it. So, he broke the wheels in front of them, told them that it now fits. The staffs were surprised but he was allowed in.

Hahahaha hilarious even if it's a shame he had to break the wheels!! :)
  • bonnycot
    bonnycot Posts: 24 Forumite
    edited 8 September 2010 at 8:27AM
    Options
    They now do (often) enforce the ONE item of hand luggage rule so be warned. Your bag must take all of your luggage,
    hand bag, laptop, camera etc etc. Saw two people denied boarding to Ork-Stn flight because small shoulder bags would not fit into their carry on bag.

Top tip - I always save precious weight by wearing heaviest clothes, jewellery (even though you have to take them off for secirity) and camera, purse and other heavyish items like chargers, batteries etc all go in my raincoat pockets (up to now they don't weigh your coat! :)) then I take a handbag that can fold down into my case and pop everything back into it on arrival....
  • bonnycot
    Options
    Louise22 wrote: »
    I have flew with Ryanair quite a bit, and some of the hand luggage I have seen getting taken onto their planes has been just as big as much suitcase - no joke. In my experience, they have never weighed the hand luggage or measured it.

I was honestly shocked at the sizes some people were taking on!

They do weigh on occasions, some uk airports are worse than others! I found stansted quite strict most of the time, but it really depends on the day/staff, I'm sure they have campaigns where they blitz all bags. Always take a rain coat so u can fill pockets with anything heavy!

most Italian airports are not strict about handbags being inside case at all :)
  • leicsmarkyr
    Options
    How snug is the Ryanair hand luggage checker thing at the airports?

A friend has a suitcase that is 56cm and wondered if he 'would get away' with?

I flew Ryanair last year but cannot remember how the checker worked - whether you slide the suitcase in length so the wheels touch the floor or whether you do it width so the wheels are 'mid-air'?
  • Paul_Varjak
    Options
    How snug is the Ryanair hand luggage checker thing at the airports?

I think someone answered that question earlier in the thread
  • leicsmarkyr
    Options
    I think someone answered that question earlier in the thread

I couldn't see anything specific to this...
  • pablocullen
    Options
    Hey, my GF works in the local airport here for a handling agency of ryanair, she says that these bags fit perfectly, i cant post a link but if you google "the right size cabin bag" you should be able to find it.

Thanks

Paul
  • grimble37
    grimble37 Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 September 2010 at 10:45PM
    Options
    So, for full capacity usage and lightness it's obviously between the FLYLITE at £20 or the EBAY one at £10 (if you don't need the wheels of course), I think I'll go with the EBAY one, that simple style is 'in' and surely must hold the most out of the two due to lack of fuss, thanks for your help, very much appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure