PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old style daily Wednesday 12 th March

Options

Comments

• Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

It's so beautiful here with the sun shining, long may it continue.
    I've had my breakfast and need to do my exercises then I'm going to peg some washing out.
    Just hubby and I for tea tonight, probably something out of the freezer, then we are going to the adult swim at our local pool, good exercise for me and some nice time for us alone.
    I should get my car on Monday and I just can't wait 5 more sleeps:)
    I feel so much better than last week, it's amazing how moods can change.
    I have an important phone call to make and I'm super nervous but going to get myself prepared and just do it, otherwise I will stress about it.
    Listening to Chris Evans this morning they were talking about mobile phones by the bed causing problems with sleep. I may try leaving it downstairs tonight, see if it makes a difference.
    ttftm thanks so much for the advice, HH has been wonderful.

Ok have a great day all x
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good Morning to all :wave:

Foggy and quite cool here at the moment, but I can see the sun trying to peep through so fingers crossed it will brighten more as the day goes on.

My last day at work work this week :j as yet again it is not overly busy, roll on 5pm for hometime!

Tonight we have lasagne already done for tea, but won't pop anything with it as they are two biggish pieces so will be enough.

jackieo - I feel tired just reading your list of jobs!! Hope you get chance for a cuppa!!

camelot1001 - hope it covers soon. I know painting furniture can be a challenge, but worth it in the end.

lonewhitewolf - Ouch sounds very painful, hope it heels soon!!

judi - sending hugs and motivation your way.

Need to put some washing in when I get home and hope that if the sun is going to be out tomorrow I can get it on the line.

Happy Wednesday Everyone, half way there :j
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Julie67, I always leave my phone downstairs and get cross with DH if he brings his phone or I-pad up. He is a very heavy sleeper and doesn't notice but I'm a light sleeper and every alert jerks me awake.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,100 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    snoozer wrote: »
    Julie67, I always leave my phone downstairs and get cross with DH if he brings his phone or I-pad up. He is a very heavy sleeper and doesn't notice but I'm a light sleeper and every alert jerks me awake.

My phone is always by the side of the bed. Many a time I get messages from my daughter in another part of the world at odd times.

My friends husband is on speed dial too when hubby is working away too in case we get intruders.:)
  • carolbee
    carolbee Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all

Had early swim and came home to make couple of cottage pies, one for tea and one for freezer.

DH gone out for bike ride after tidying up in the garage, a long overdue job....

When he comes back going for walk along the seafront, it's glorious out there and makes me very glad to live so close to the sea.

Planning menu for next week and doing food shop tomorrow, going for tour and afternoon tea of an old hotel on Friday in Folkestone, then doing australian theme dinner for Saturday night as a belated Xmas present to family.

Hugs to those that need them
    Carolbee
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,057 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Another one of my infrequent incursions!

I just love spring time and feel my own spirits lifting with the return of the morning light and the bulbs.

Past six months have been a whirlwind of activity and that brings increased levels of stress, however all is good here with me and us and I can report that the final part of the 'new life plan' is close to happening. Hope to move into renovated cottage within three weeks and finally settle down to watch the sea move past me gently, or even more violently if it wants.

Plenty of OS stuff since November, but combined with new kitchen, bathroom etc etc etc it's been a drain on resources. So, once the move is complete then belts will be tightened until I am at last back to a size 16. :rotfl::rotfl:

It's been lovely to read everyone's updates each day as I try to catch up whenever possible. Funny how phases come and go and high and low spots revolve for everyone. New hips, new knees, new babies, some deaths, some disasters, some joys, some great advice, some dodgy happenings and lots of laughter. It's all here.

Now, must get on. Weegie city is bathed in bright sunshine and I have to outside to catch some of it.

Thanks everyone.
  • pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon

Haven’t been here in a few days, not for any particular reason, although I have got a head cold at the moment. You know the ones where you feel it in your eyes, bleugghh.

Not much OS going on at the moment. My new recipe (for my New Years Resolution) didn’t happen on Monday as my ex decided he wanted kids for dinner. It also didn’t happen yesterday as my brother saw the stuff in the fridge and ate it. Even though I asked him not to. Obviously didn’t hear me. Mum replaced some of the ingredients and tonight my girls are finally having sausage stroganoff.

Managed to get a good night’s sleep last night. DD1(5) stayed in her own bed (well, her sister’s bed – they have bunks and half the time share the bottom bunk) and DD2(3) wandered into my bed at some point, but I didn’t notice. And they both needed prising out of bed at 7am this morning (never happens at the weekend though, eh!).

Finally did something about my pension today. Starting low (only £100 a month), but better than nothing. And my boss has agreed to contribute to it as well, just not sure how much he’s putting in yet. Hoping he’ll match my money, but who knows.

JUDI – my mum says the same thing about my dad. Whenever he comes to my house, he moans about the mess and the noise that my girls (5 and 3) make. And he says that my mum has to be out and about too much as she has to take girls to school (two different schools, but my lovely boss pays for a cab), then pick up the younger one at 12.15 and then the older one at 3.15pm. Mum says that she did the same for me and my brother, but dad was always at work, so never really saw it!

LONEWHITEWOLF – ouch, sounds painful. Take it easy. How did you manage to do that to yourself?

BUSISCOMING2 – what is it with cars recently? My neighbour’s car wouldn’t start this morning, so she borrowed mine. I don’t mind as she does stuff for me and my mum, so I let her have it on the days when I’m working as I walk to the station anyways.

And sorry to mention it, but what is the Priory? But hope it makes you feel better. x
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • Mint1955
    Mint1955 Posts: 685 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have four eggs in the fridge dated 20th February should I throw or will they be ok
    Living the dream and retired in Cyprus :j

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5105296
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 12 March 2014 at 2:28PM
    Options
    Judi wrote: »
    My phone is always by the side of the bed. Many a time I get messages from my daughter in another part of the world at odd times.

My friends husband is on speed dial too when hubby is working away too in case we get intruders.:)
    My phone stays in the lounge at night. Mr LW's is on the dresser in the bedroom, the other side of the room from the bed, in its case. He used to have to bring his work phone to bed one week out of roughly every six weeks, when he was on call (he no longer does this, they've changed his work role so that he no longer does shifts) and I hated that with a passion - we'd get silly calls at 02:00 or 03:00, from users who should've known better!

If we get intruders, both my walking sticks are by the bed; one of them is topped with a piece of antler, complete with tines..... :whistle::whistle::whistle:
    Mint1955 wrote: »
    I have four eggs in the fridge dated 20th February should I throw or will they be ok
    They should be ok; but I'd break them into a cup, individually, before using. Your nose will very quickly tell you if one is off. HTH :o
    I think there's a floating test you can do, too, but that only tells you if they're fresh, not if one is actually off, afaik. And I'm ashamed to say I don't know which way round it is - do fresher eggs float or sink?:think:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370 Forumite
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    They should be ok; but I'd break them into a cup, individually, before using. Your nose will very quickly tell you if one is off. HTH :o
    I think there's a floating test you can do, too, but that only tells you if they're fresh, not if one is actually off, afaik. And I'm ashamed to say I don't know which way round it is - do fresher eggs float or sink?:think:

I'd definitely use them. I use eggs over a month out of date if I've kept them in the fridge.

And the floating test is if it sinks, it's okay to use. But I would break it open and have a looksee at what the egg is like when I come to use it.
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business