H2B ISA v LISA 5th April Deadline

Options
Hi,

I have one of the Aldermore H2B ISAs which allows me to save £200 per month in the H2B but to also use the rest of my allowance in their std ISA.

I have just read about transferring my H2B to the LISA before the end of the tax year.

The reason I am thinking to do this, is house prices are likely to be over £250K in my area so I wont be able to use the H2B bonus.

Am I right to assume I can't transfer my H2B before the end of the tax year to the LISA because I also hold the other ISA account (which I have maxed out this year).

If not, that's fine, but I am also looking for a bit of advice for next tax year. Is the LISA the way forward for me?

As always, help and advice is much appreciated. thanks in advance.

Comments

• Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,665 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 March 2018 at 5:56PM
    Options
    Yes if you have a Split Cash ISA then the whole current year contributions (to both the Cash and HTB parts) would need transferring which if it totals £20k contributions this tax year would breach the £4k LISA limit. In theory you could withdraw enough and then make the transfer but it's pretty much to late now.

Maybe open up a new LISA next tax year in a few weeks time and deposit £4k? We are not allowed to advise you on product suitability so read the LISA features for yourself and decide.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure