Mortgage free by 2021?!

Options

Comments

• Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,930 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Fingers crossed that neurologist continues investigating.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Thanks Watty.

Semi-productive weekend, despite both of us still being a bit under the weather.

Personal
    1. Move to Ireland Boxes packed 5/10
    2. Move to Ireland Items de-cluttered 5/10
    3. Health Lose 0.5kg 0.0/0.5kg
    4. Life DH birthday gifts 3/3 - done with plenty of time to spare before tomorrow ;)

Financial
    1. Mortgage OP £1,500 Done!
    2. Life Set up pension Emailed work about this, waiting to hear back

Career
    1. Job Commute to work 7/11
    2. Job Generally be awesome at new job (or at least try) 12/18 - dropped this by 2 as I was ill 2 days last week :(
    3. Learn Tech book chapters read 1/12 - need to work on this more

Estate agent gave us an estimate for sales value of £300-325k. :eek: House a few doors down sold last summer for £285k, so I guess it kind of makes sense, but I was assuming no gains since then. We're not likely to sell for at least 2 years anyway, so it's a bit irrelevant what it would sell for now, but nice to know that we potentially have £200k of equity.

I'm still waiting for old job to sort their sh*t out...they owe me for a few days of SSP in January, they owe me a pay slip for January, and they owe me a P45 so that I can give that to new work. I've been e-mailing every week or two to find out !!!!!! is going on but they don't seem that concerned. :mad: Will give them until the end of this week (their regular pay day is on Friday) and then see what avenues I can follow. I also need to sort out collecting things from the office and turning in badge/key/etc, but again, they don't seem bothered.

Going out for dinner tonight to celebrate DH's birthday. :) Not sure what there'll be for me to eat as I don't eat steak and their gluten-free options seem frequently out of stock, but at least they're only 1/4 mile away and we'll get cash back. :cool:
  • BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello Hidden

I've been catching up on the last couple of months. You've really had a full plate haven't you? I'm sorry to hear that you are no further forward with your health problems/investigations. Hopefully the upcoming appointment will help with next steps

Congrats on the new job :T They sound to be a much better fit for you and good they are happy to be flexible when you need to work from home

Great figures with the OP's and exciting times ahead with Ireland plans

BW x
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Thanks BW. Starting to get excited about Ireland, just wish we could get on with it already. ;)

This weekend has been about dealing with our front door. It's still damaged from...December 2015, I guess? So we need to get quotes for replacing it and send those to Wickes so that they give us money. (They've offered £125 but that won't exactly cover it.) Hoping it won't be too much hassle to get a sensible amount from them, though we won't actually replace the door until we're ready to sell.

Busy (for us) week ahead. Our friends who moved to Germany post-referendum are in town for the week, so we're having dinner with them. Saturday there's a local yarn-y meetup that I'd like to attend.

Small OP today of £7.54 from budget tidying. :) Off to celebrate by watching Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog.
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    edited 1 March 2017 at 11:56AM
    Options
    February OPs: £1,914.78
    February Offset: £0.00

Current (offset) balance: £113,924.81
    Month we’d be in to get to our current balance without OPs: July 2026 (+5 months)

2017 Overpayments: £4,298.39
    2017 Offset Savings: -£749.07
    2017 Interest Saved: £2,739.89

Total Overpayments/Offsets: £62,610.95
    Total Interest Saved: £56,451.30

Daily Interest: £8.06 (down £0.22)
    Monthly Interest: £248.27 (down £7.05)
    February 2016 Interest: £301.38 (down £53.11)
    February 2016 Daily Interest: £10.39 (down £2.33)

House Bricks: +3 :j

Mortgage reduction: £5,744/£20,000 (28%) (Average: £2,872.03/mo)

Holiday pay made for a good OP. Also achieved both February goals - monthly interest below £250.00 and mortgage balance below £115,000. :D

Net worth increase: £21,063.81/£80,000 (26%)

Holiday pay, stock market, all good stuff.

MFIT-4: £45,575.19/£90,000 (50%)

12% ahead of schedule. :D Also broke the halfway mark on our goal!

Goals

Personal
    1. Move to Ireland Boxes packed 5/10 - lost a bit of steam
    2. Move to Ireland Items de-cluttered 5/10 - likewise
    3. Health Lose 0.5kg 0.0/0.5kg - fail :(, probably part illness and part bad habits
    4. Life DH birthday gifts 3/3

Financial
    1. Mortgage OP £1,500 Done!
    2. Life Set up pension £1,280 paid for Feb

Career
    1. Job Commute to work 11/11
    2. Job Generally be awesome at new job (or at least try) 18/18
    3. Learn Tech book chapters read 1/12 - lost momentum on this due to focusing on new job, so fair enough
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Goals

Bit of a fail on February goals, so will aim to make March ones more achievable.

Personal
    1. Move to Ireland Boxes packed 0/5
    2. Move to Ireland Items de-cluttered 0/5
    3. House Start hardwood flooring on stairs Not done

Financial
    1. Mortgage OP £1,500 £0/£1,500

Career
    1. Learn Tech book chapters read 0/3
  • lippy1923
    lippy1923 Posts: 1,374 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think you did very well for Feb :-)

I'm with you on the book reading/ learning. I did plan to have all my module book read by the time I start my course this month but so far only read 4 chapters lol.
    Total Mortgage OP £61,000
    Outstanding Mortgage £27,971
    Emergency Fund £62,100
    I AM NOW MORTGAGE NEUTRAL!!!! <<Sep-20>>

• FloppyDisk
    FloppyDisk Posts: 864 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I really like your organised goals! Sometimes just 'paying off 100k+' does seem a bit unachievable.

I need to catch up with your diary to find out more about Ireland.
    Mortgage Apr 18 £417,894 BTL Mar 18 £162,857
    Mortgage now -- £350,085 BTL now --- £162,668
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    lippy1923 wrote: »
    I think you did very well for Feb :-)

I'm with you on the book reading/ learning. I did plan to have all my module book read by the time I start my course this month but so far only read 4 chapters lol.

Money-wise we did quite well, life-wise not so much. We were both ill for part of the month, though. (I think I'm still ill, it comes and goes.)

Good luck with your module. My tech book is interesting (and directly related to work) but my brain is usually dead by the end of the work day so focusing on something extra is hard, lol.
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    FloppyDisk wrote: »
    I really like your organised goals! Sometimes just 'paying off 100k+' does seem a bit unachievable.

I need to catch up with your diary to find out more about Ireland.

Thanks. I was a bit overwhelmed by the big goals, so I'm trying to break it down into more manageable chunks that are easier to focus on. Think they still need tweaking, but it's a process.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure