The Sun £9.50 holidays, code words

Options

Comments

• jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I will ask my husband to look at it tonight if you haven't already done it. I think he can do visual basic, but he's never done an excel macro before.
    52% tight
  • jellyhead
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    uhohrobbo wrote: »
    I am working on it. But it calls "ie.document.body.all.Item(7).innertext". Without seeing the webpage I can't tell if Item(7) will still exist (it may be different due to the less code words).

Also, will this bit need changing to say Please enter 7 etc.

If strResult <> "Please enter 10 valid and unique token codes." Then MsgBox "It might be " & strWord
    52% tight
  • artichoke
    artichoke Posts: 1,724 Forumite
    edited 5 September 2012 at 12:28PM
    Options
    over the past few years when we have used the spreadsheet i wonder if there have ever before been 7 code words? if so the spreadsheet would have been amended then....

i know last round of bookings it was amended for that new amount of code words.....

we need to find all the different versions of the spreadsheet from the last few years....I have found one version for 8 code words and one for 10.....

arghgh cant find one for 7 yet...

art
  • jellyhead
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ok, my poor little brain can't manage much but what I think we need to do is edit the macro after item 7, and change that last bit.

We probably won't know if it works until the website opens.
    I have to go out now (my kids are still off school!) but will check back later :)

In previous threads it's said it will take hours to go through all 5454 words, so if we know how many of us there are then we could choose a number to start from :)
    52% tight
  • ginger*
    Options
    Just been on the sun web site and it says postal bookings are £9.50 pp
    on line bookings are £15 pp?
  • jellyhead
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I couldn't edit the macro anyway. see you all later :)
    52% tight
  • uhohrobbo
    Options
    artichoke wrote: »
    over the past few years when we have used the spreadsheet i wonder if there have ever before been 7 code words? if so the spreadsheet would have been amended then....

i know last round of bookings it was amended for that new amount of code words.....

we need to find all the different versions of the spreadsheet from the last few years....I have found one version for 8 code words and one for 10.....

arghgh cant find one for 7 yet...

art

art, could you pm me the 8 code word version you have. It might help me work out the "ie.document.body.all.Item(7).innertext" bit.

jellyhead, I have already made that change but thanks for the reminder :)
  • GingerDi
    GingerDi Posts: 846 Forumite
    Options
    ginger* wrote: »
    Just been on the sun web site and it says postal bookings are £9.50 pp
    on line bookings are £15 pp?

really?? How strange.
  • artichoke
    artichoke Posts: 1,724 Forumite
    Options
    hi

not sure i can send an attachment via pm but just search the forum for code cracker spreadsheet..

right i have got to work now but will check back later to see how things are going!

art
  • taylor_wales
    Options
    Hi,

Has any one got todays code word???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts